The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Noob Needs Your Help: Bow/Bow PVP

Johaylons
Johaylons
Hey guys. Since the dawn of time I have always been a bow user in any game I can(well, except dota, which in there I'm a support player). So I looked up some bow/bow guides and tried to apply them(Couldnt get them fully done, needed skill points or story progress continued, or needed transmute crystals for trait changing). But I tried my best. My CP is 224 but I'm going to talk about random BGs and its non-cp anyways.

When I see people play this, they kill other people fast and can get away from the enemies with ease. When I try it, I cant kill people most of the time and usually someone shows up from behind and 1 shots me. I know my traits arent the best but I need resources to change them or upgrade the quality of my gear to legendary. Do they matter that much? Could you tell me if its a L2P issue or do I have something wrong with my character?

My Character:
CP 224

5x marksman's set(1 legendary gear, 1 epic gear, 3 blue jewelries).
5x hawk's eye set(1 legendary gear, 4 epic gears)
All gear has max stam enchant, jewelries have dmg enchant.
Gear traits are "sturdy x2 + impenetrable + divines + well fitted x2 + infused". I dont have enough transmutes to change them yet.Gonna go for well fitted x3 + impenetrable x4.
Jewelry traits are robust x3.

The Asylum Bow(legendary, nirnhoned, oblivion dmg enchant)
Marksman's Bow(Epic, nirnhoned, oblivion dmg enchant(I had this before the asylum bow to get 5/5 marksman's set, when I had 2 slimeclaw gear. Couldnt replace this with another weapon since I got the asylum bow.))

All Attiributes into Stamina
Boon: The warrior
Food: Dubious camoren throne as food, thats the best I could afford.
Potion: Essence of weapon power with major brutality + major savagery + major endurance + grant 7.8k stamina.

Magicka: 9980 Magicka Recovery: 591
HP: 10580 HP Recovery: 361
Stamina: 28491 Stamina Recovery: 1102

Spell dmg: 1621 Weapon dmg: 2991
Spell crit: 10% Weapon crit: 25.4%

Spell ressist: 11758 Physical Ressist: 10947
Crit ressist: 442

1st Row of Skills 2nd Row of Skills
1)Focused Aim 1)Shuffle
2)Shadow Disguise 2)Shadowy Disguise
3)Draining Shot 3)Resolving Vigore
4)Bombard 4)Shadowy Figure
5)Poison Injection 5)Piercing Mark
6)Ballista 6)Soul Tether

Thanks for reading and thank for your help! :)
  • Johaylons
    Johaylons
    The text was well organised when I was writing it, but it got cramped together when I posted it. I dont seem to be able to edit my post so, I apologise for the eye pain.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of thoughts. Ditch the Asylum bow. It is useful for ganking, but doesn't really help in a straight up fight. Run a veli/kena monster set combo to get more weapon damage. Or veli/domi for some added mag.

Vampire is your friend on a stamblade bow/bow build. You get really good movement speed in cloak and sneak allowing you to reposition or run quickly. Plus, you get added protection at low health and boosted stam regen.

Marksman and Hawks eye are solid imo.

Remove shuffle and bombard and soul tether and level the psijic skill line. My current bar setup is:

Front: Crushing Weapon, Focused Aim, Shadowy disguise, Relentless Focus, Draining Shot, Temporal Guard
    Back: Poison Injection, Fear, Race against Time, Vigor, Leeching Strikes, Ballista

The power of Crushing Weapon with the ease of Bow light attacks is crazy. Plus, Relentless is a very high damage burst skill and with a bow build, you are going to want to stack light attacks anyways for the passive. And if you are using crushing as a spammable, your light attacks are working for you already. Hitting a player with a snipe, draining shot, relentless, crushing weapon combo all within 2 seconds is devastating.

And I cannot speak enough on how great Temporal Guard is on a build like this. The only ranged stamina ult is the bow ult. But you can back bar this and get the same effectiveness. Having an ult that gives you damage reduction while slotted on the front bar is more valuable than having melee ults on a bow bow build. Plus, if you find yourself in a bind you can activate it, teleport back, and cloak away.
  • Johaylons
    Johaylons
    Which weapons should I use? Marksmans bow and hawkseye bow for the set bonuses?

And thanks mate. I'll try those out, you have been very helpful :)
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    If you want a new meta take on things I would look into incorporating more dots. For a 2,700 cost you can apply 26,000 dmg worth of pressure with nice range.

Just dot em up!
  • Johaylons
    Johaylons
    If you want a new meta take on things I would look into incorporating more dots. For a 2,700 cost you can apply 26,000 dmg worth of pressure with nice range.

Just dot em up!

Could you please elaborate? All I know is poison injection dot-wise.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johaylons wrote: »

You should run one set on body and one set on jewelry and weapons. So either 2 Marksman bows or 2 Hawks Eye Bows. There is no benefit from not doing this.
  • Johaylons
    Johaylons
    jaws343 wrote: »

You should run one set on body and one set on jewelry and weapons. So either 2 Marksman bows or 2 Hawks Eye Bows. There is no benefit from not doing this.

I seem to be losing 1 of them's 5 set bonus though. Lets say:

1 veildreth + 1 molag kena + 5 hawkseye = 7 gear
    3 marksman jewelry + marksman weapon = 4 I will be missing 5th set bonus of marksman

Is that what you mean, or should I ditch 1 of the monster sets?

Thanks again!
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Bows and other 2h weapons count as 2 items as far as set checks go.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the bows count as 2 items.

So you would potentially have:
    2 Bows Marksman, with 3 marksmen jewelry
    5 Hawk Eye body pieces
    1 Veli
    1 Kena

From a monster set perspective, I recommend the stats boosting 1 pieces because most of the stam proc monsters sets are melee range. But if you want to run a proc, run Skoria. It will proc pretty consistently off of poison injection and adds a bit more pressure.
  • Johaylons
    Johaylons
    Thanks everyone :)
  • bigelle.x3_ESO
    bigelle.x3_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you're playing battlegrounds, bow bow is absolutely worthless. Do yourself and your future teammates a favor and don't be that free kill bow user.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bow/bow build that works quite nicely. At least for me
    You want:
    All 64 points in stam
    Bloodspawn
    Master's bow (infused)
    Spriggans (with nirn bow)
    Battlefield Acrobat with Blue/Tri stat food OR Shacklebreaker with Dubious/Arteaum

Front bar:
    Leeching strikes Crushing weapon draining shot relentless focus vigor incap

Back bar:
    Poison injection Piercing Mark Either cloak morph Shuffle Channeled focus Ballista

I prefer Redguard race for Cheaper Ballistas but you can go Orc, Khajiit, Bosmer, etc.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just dot em up!

Could you please elaborate? All I know is poison injection dot-wise.

Soul Trap now works as a stamina damage skill. So does the Shade skill from the Nightblade Shadow skill line.

Acid Spray sort of could be added to the discussion, but I imagine the Bombard morph would be more useful instead. In PvE we could add Lightweight Beast trap to the mix as well.
  • Johaylons
    Johaylons
    Thanks guys! Alot of things to consider here. All helpful.