The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there anyone on console (specifically Xbox one) NOT having lag issues?

Megamuffin
Megamuffin
Soul Shriven
I tried to submit feedback to ZOS through the game (Xbox one) and got booted out. Never happened to me before.
But what I was going to message them about was the horrendous lag and inability to play. So since I can't do that apparently, I thought I'd check in here.
I know a lot of people are having issues, simply by asking guild mates, some posts (mainly stating elswyr as the issue), etc. But I have yet to find anything where ZOS addresses it. Is this an issue that everyone is having? Because if you're not, I'd love to know if you are doing something different.
I've tried all the avenues, including reinstalling. But makes no difference. I can't play at all... It's hurting my eyes watching my Char twitch around the screen, plus the delay of audio, and the horrible wall of sound when it all finally loads at once, and battling is basically out of the question now... I was taken down, while my health bar was still showing full, and the enemies were still loading in... But other people could see and Target the enemies, because they were attacking? So, either they are loading better or not having issues?
I'm cancelling my plus. I know it's just one person, and probably doesn't make a difference to ZOS... But I wish it would. I want to play, and the one message I had sent about this, MONTHS AGO, got no response.
I just want some help... Some answers!
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some do and some don't... Really doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it either. Are you NA or EU?
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Megamuffin
    Megamuffin
    Soul Shriven
    I'm NA. Does that seem to make a difference? Obviously when I as guildies they are also NA. But idk if what I have read online was all people on NA servers
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EU is having the most overall and the most consistent issues if the forums are any indication.

It does seem that if you are geographically closer to the physical server your performance is better, but not always.

There's a plan for server optimization on the horizon (2020ish) but I'm afraid that unless they opt for a different or reworked ddos protection service, anyone not physically in North America is out of luck. They use Akamai for ddos which causes all sorts of illogical routing.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Megamuffin
    Megamuffin
    Soul Shriven
    I'm in Canada. So, that should be good for me... But I hope the lag is fixed before 2020!! That's still so far away...
    Thank you for the information though, I appreciate your answer and help. I wish ZOS would communicate better :(
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We all would like better communication. Iirc, the first performance improvements are scheduled for q4 2019, with the server optimizations in early 2020. There's a roadmap on the game website.

If you're in Canada, it could still be related to Akamai, they're based in the NE U.S. I've seen routing reports that have folks that live in London, first routed to Brussels, then Boston, then back to Brussels, then to Germany... It's mind-boggling.

It could also be related to the contract your ISP has with the ISP that handles your traffic once it's in the U.S. Once the gov't removed the net neutrality protections, ISP's here can throttle traffic at any time regardless of the speed you pay for. Since your ISP in Canada has to contract to send traffic to U.S based servers, you could be considered low priority. Not many people have been talking about that side of things, and currently the companies are under no obligation to release how they are throttling traffic. Definitely can have a huge impact for online gaming.
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been atrocious since Elsweyr. Was really quite good for months previously, and then Elsweyr broke something.

It's awful, huge delays, inivisible mobs, bar swaps not happening, skills just not triggering.

Zos what have you done?
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure lag is the correct term for what I’ve been noticing.

What I notice regularly - and this is in overland - is a significant desynch between me pushing a button, the animation happening on screen, and the sounds that go with said animation. Enemies drop with a delay, bodies teleport too. This, plus serious frame rate drops when porting to just about any wayshrine and this persists for 10 seconds or so.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Desynchs are terrible after EW, also lag spikes come and go. Took 2-3 seconds the other night for the creation of a ring to register.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

What I notice regularly - and this is in overland - is a significant desynch between me pushing a button, the animation happening on screen, and the sounds that go with said animation. Enemies drop with a delay, bodies teleport too. This, plus serious frame rate drops when porting to just about any wayshrine and this persists for 10 seconds or so.

I have the same issues on PS4 NA. Er. Correction: had. I’m not playing anymore. :/
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

I have the same issues on PS4 NA. Er. Correction: had. I’m not playing anymore. :/

Awesome contribution. If you are not playing, why be on the message board to complain.

Thanks though and have fun at your new game
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • kromegas
    kromegas
    ✭✭✭
    Lag is awful. Xbox one x, SSD, 100mbps internet, wired connection...

Making me consider unsubbing...again...

Xbox NA
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKMaestro wrote: »

Awesome contribution. If you are not playing, why be on the message board to complain.

I’m on the message board to complain because I only stopped playing about two weeks ago, and have every intention of returning when 1) ZOS finally fixes Necro bash on console, and 2) ZOS finally fixes the new performance issues introduced with Elsweyr (those mentioned by the OP and the person I quoted).

So you’re welcome, smart***.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still can't loot bodies or get bashes with any kind of consistency either. I was in vmaw HM the other night practically in the Hulk's *** and it still said target out of range. I'm so tired of this.
  • Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know it's not of any consolation, but PC EU isn't much different and hasn't been since Elsweyr. Desync problems are really frustrating, especially for content like vMA, where enemies aren't actually located where they appear to be client-side, so all you do is attack thin air, even though it looks like the baddie is standing right in front of you. Being unable to loot corpses, because they're "out of range", is pretty much the norm. Don't get me started on stuck animations and the inability to switch bars all the time.
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox 1X NA with 4 TB external SSD. Sometimes go from wired to wireless depending on what I'm doing. I honestly don't have a lot of lag. I basically just do Vet Trial runs three to four times a week, as well as some more vMA runs during this event. The first 5 to 10 seconds of a boss fight (Trials) I might lose some frame rate, but after that it's fine. vMA hasn't been too bad for me... occasionally get a few lag spikes, but nothing that is going to ruin a run. On the other hand, if I try to go into Wrothgar, Deshaan, or Stormhaven main city area it takes about a minute for me to load up the area, and even after that there are still some characters who aren't fully loaded in yet. So I usually just go into the city to get dailies and some crating writs, and after that it's only dungeons and trial content which are fine for me.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right because it's the disgruntled customers fault...
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried to play twice in the past week and it's just not happening. I cant for the life of me figure out how to play in that slideshow
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    All as mentioned above, and when I activate 'Power Surge' :p (or any other spell) the sound effects play ten seconds after.
    It's been annoying playing since Elsweyr, and I haven't even been there yet.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • OmegaRealities
    Was having problems last night. Audio visual sync is off. I looted gold and then heard the sound effect 5 to 10 seconds afterwards.
  • Megamuffin
    Megamuffin
    Soul Shriven

You're probably right, but I just didn't know how to describe it and "lag" seems to be universally used so I went with that. What bothers me the most (it's all bad) is that I can't move without it hurting my eyes most of the time, due to frame rate drop. And it takes a while for everything to "settle" after fast travel. Feels like it's always playing catch up...
  • Megamuffin
    Megamuffin
    Soul Shriven

I'm not playing anymore?
    Only Been a few days, but I'm on here because I WANT to play. I'm frustrated and annoyed with what's going on in the game, and these are forums to discuss the game.
    I appreciate their contribution, because it's good to know I'm not alone.
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone on xbox who says "I don't have lag" probably logs in, afks for 5 mins and doesn't move their character at all
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently fishing in Anequina. No lag.

Loading into a wayshrine. I get stuttering for up to 10 seconds before smoothing out.

Fighting in Cyrodiil? Nearly constant lag, worsens the more people are on screen.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have lag everywhere, even low population base game zones, and I never had lag much before. Since Elsweyr, performance sucks. Either so many people came back to the game/stared playing that the servers are overwhelmed like what happened to PC EU, (RIP my European comrades!) or ZOS buggered everything with the Elsweyr expansion. Personally, I think it’s option 2, but option 1 would also make it worse. I hope it improves, but we shall see. 🙏
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~