The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Surveys

Alhatariel
Alhatariel
✭✭✭
Since yesterdays update are my crafting surveys not showing on the map. I re installed the add on several times without result. Are there more who have this problem?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Map Pins is still working correctly to see them. But Lost Treasure is not
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost Treasure hadn't been supported for a while... you had to manually add in the Elsweyr Survey and Treasure maps.

Map Pins, however, works. Tested it with my character that holds all my surveys. They show up.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a Lost Treasure add-on issue ... I’m sure the add-on author will get to it eventually.

In the meantime, what if you actually used the in-game map to find the survey location?? ;) Avant garde idea I know ...

If you’re an experienced crafter, you probably have the survey sites memorized anyway.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put all surveys and treasure maps in your bank (Tythis works too) and get them back - it somehow "resets" it. Tested, everything is working now.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see any pins on my maps, ever! (I am playing on the PS4)

This should be a game feature not an addon. Though some still would claim I just want EZ mode because I say that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This should be a game feature not an addon. Though some still would claim I just want EZ mode because I say that.

Dude... we get it... but it does nothing to come into any thread that is remotely about something like this and to say "I don't have addons".

Just ignore the thread and carry on.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Dude... we get it... but it does nothing to come into any thread that is remotely about something like this and to say "I don't have addons".

Just ignore the thread and carry on.

The post was about a missing marker! Mine is missing too! :smiley:
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • BurningSnowman
    Streega wrote: »
    Put all surveys and treasure maps in your bank (Tythis works too) and get them back - it somehow "resets" it. Tested, everything is working now.

^^ This. As others have stated, it's the Lost Treasure add-on. But banking them and then taking it out puts the markers back on the map, however it only works per session. If you log off with a survey in your inventory, when you log back on again you will have to bank/un-bank it again to get the marker to pop on the map.
  • Ozzymandius
    Ozzymandius
    ✭✭
    If you are on console get the ESO app it gives the positions of crafting surveys in all zones. Very useful app.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Ozzymandius You don't really need an app on the phone. You can just google for "ESO *location* survey". There's plenty of maps made by our ESO fellows. After picking survey reports several times you will end up remembering the majority of the locations without recurring to maps or apps, specially those near wayshrines .
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    @Ozzymandius You don't really need an app on the phone. You can just google for "ESO *location* survey". There's plenty of maps made by our ESO fellows. After picking survey reports several times you will end up remembering the majority of the locations without recurring to maps or apps, specially those near wayshrines .

I love the app (The ESO App for iPhone or The UESO App for Android) on my phone since it does a great deal more than show me survey locations; it's also easier than opening my laptop and googling. That being said, I find the maps over at UESP.net to be very helpful for many things, especially if the app is missing something. The search feature on the app is great. I do a lot of surveys but I have a terrible memory for things like that, although I remember the jewelry ones better for some reason.
  • Ozzymandius
    Ozzymandius
    ✭✭
    Hi All,

I find myself remembering a lot of the locations for surveys now - despite my advancing age 😃I just rolled my11th character and I can find skyshards without referring to any guide. However, for new players I think something like the eso app is a great tool. Granted you can just google the locations but the lite version of the app is free and i like to have it open on my iPad while I am playing the game.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Console player here and not a fan of apps, but gamemapscout.com has the best maps by far. I like to keep my iPad handy too. Everything is on the same map along with the survey locations for the base game areas. It’s easy to see where they are in relation to other points on the map, not just a useless blank map. For DLC areas, game-maps.com is the next best thing.

EDIT: sorry the last part is incorrect, I forgot I have to look up surveys separately for DLC areas
    Edited by katanagirl1 on August 18, 2019 5:41AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Gnome_Saiyan
    Gnome_Saiyan
    ✭✭✭
    Some awesome soul has posted a fix for the add-on at the ESOUI site.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info561-LostTreasure.html#comments

I tried it and seems to work just fine.
    EDIT: I should mention this is most likely only a fix for PC version.
    Edited by Gnome_Saiyan on August 18, 2019 7:42AM
    Roll your Self before you Role yourself