The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trivial Complaint about Ward Ally Shield Strength Scaling

SturgeHammer
SturgeHammer
✭✭✭✭
I was doing some random testing today and observed that Ward Ally has some weird scaling on the reverse execute bonus shield strength. In No-Cp Cyrodiil, my base shield value in the tooltip is 2561. So the max shield value that can be applied should be 5122. After damaging myself to 1% health the shield applied was 5091. So in order to get the max value the ward would have to be cast at <1% health... It's only a few points less than max, but it seems like hitting the max value would be more practical at like 5% health.
First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healing Ward's current behaviour is reasonable, because executes (the ones with a scaling multiplier, at least) also function the same way.

Reverse Slice, for instance, scales linearly at 6% increased damage per 1% missing health on the target, with a granularity of 0.1% health increments, from my testing in the past.

Healing Ward doesn't need to reach maximum theoretical value because neither does its most comparable counterpart.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden