Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can i use any weapon skill?

Urnbak
Urnbak
The reason i ask is i tried to use Puncture from the 1h/shield tree on my 2h DK and it would work.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abilities from the weapon trees only work with their respective weapons. So no, puncture from 1h/shield would not work with a 2hander equipped.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Urnbak
    Urnbak
    Thats a shame coz the game trys to covince us we can do what we want, but we can't.
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    It makes sense that it is restricted to it's respective weapon. Doing what you want does not include using skills for one weapon line be used for any weapon. If that were the case might as well just group all the abilities in a Skill called "weapon" and just pick the ones from that. Unfortunately that's not how the game was made.

Having many many choices in this game doesn't mean the same as "doing what you want".

Edit: spelling
    Edited by Victus on April 14, 2014 7:09PM
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urnbak wrote: »
    Thats a shame coz the game trys to covince us we can do what we want, but we can't.

Surely you're not expecting to fling arrows from your greatsword.
  • jerzey_gamer
    Well, you can also technically do whatever you want in this world, but that doesn't mean if you go out and commit murder, that you're not gonna face the consequences for it. I think the system is very open to customization when compared to your options in other MMOs. In what game can you wear heavy armor and yet also be a caster at the same time?
    Edited by jerzey_gamer on April 14, 2014 8:41PM
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning