Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crash, crash...Crash, CRASH, CRash and other crashes in Cyrodill

• Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    I play EVE fine everyday without any issues whatsoever and have been from some time.
    Edited by Monsoon on April 12, 2014 7:24PM
  • ZRage
    ZRage
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot even login on my char after todays cyrodil PvP crashbang :/
  • daviddegernier
    Not just the game crashing more frequently , but now, each time it happens, freezes my Mac totally, and needs full reboot of machine. 3 times in past hour.
  • DarthGeekonius
    Installing on Parallels now. Tired of this crap.
  • daviddegernier

Let us know how you get on. I am installing a 240Gb SSD in tomorrow and moving games over to it to see if that makes difference, but am also considering parallels or bootcamp as well.
  • DarthGeekonius

Let us know how you get on. I am installing a 240Gb SSD in tomorrow and moving games over to it to see if that makes difference, but am also considering parallels or bootcamp as well.

I will. But of course it takes forever to install. Only at 9% now though I have 75/75 Fios. I also have a SSD so I don't think that's it. My friend who uses a PC said that it takes a few mins to load when he first gets to PVP, but after that no loading issues or crashing. I'm currently running a "hackingtosh" with 21GB DDR3, ATI 6870, i5 3570k @4.4ghz, and 240 SSD, THIS IS THE ONLY GAME THAT DOES THIS CRAP!
  • daviddegernier

I will. But of course it takes forever to install. Only at 9% now though I have 75/75 Fios. I also have a SSD so I don't think that's it. My friend who uses a PC said that it takes a few mins to load when he first gets to PVP, but after that no loading issues or crashing. I'm currently running a "hackingtosh" with 21GB DDR3, ATI 6870, i5 3570k @4.4ghz, and 240 SSD, THIS IS THE ONLY GAME THAT DOES THIS CRAP![/quote]

• DarthGeekonius
    OK, up and running on Parallels. ZERO Issues so far. PVP load time less than 2 mins, no crashing so far, been in PVP for about 30 mins. Previously, load times were greater than 10 mins had to restart game to get in, would have crashed 15+ times by now. I'm thinking it's definitely the Mac version of the game at this point. I've never played so smooth and the crazy thing is this is VM and not a "real" Windows Machine, but I'm also not on a "real" Mac soooo.... LOL
    +
  • daviddegernier
    "OK, up and running on Parallels. ZERO Issues so far. PVP load time less than 2 mins, no crashing so far, been in PVP for about 30 mins."

Thanks.

OK, sounds good to me. I shall create a Parallels 9 with Windows 8.1 Virtual machine on the new SSD I am installing ASAP. :)

Got to be better than what is happening at present.

Edit. Did you install 32 or 64 bit Windows?
    Edited by daviddegernier on April 14, 2014 12:22AM
  • DarthGeekonius
    64 bit
  • daviddegernier
    64 bit

Thanks for quick response. :)

• Arabella
    Arabella
    Soul Shriven
    After second crash, I can't log into game at all now.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    Arabella wrote: »
    After second crash, I can't log into game at all now.

it is a "feature"
    /endsarcasm

Edited by Monsoon on April 14, 2014 12:42AM
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    I have 16gb of memory and it still Crashes at around the same time Frame the poster indicates.

I hope this is resolved soon or im simply not playing or paying as well as all mac users should if this isnt fixed.
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    Gajalu wrote: »
    Well I essentially payed for a game whose content is only 50% finished for Mac. The PvP content is inaccessible at the moment. I would love to have 50% of my money back please.

I AGREE WHERE ARE MY 2 FOR 1 MONTHS AFTER THIS IS FIXXED?

Half my play time is Reloading the Game!
  • Debussy
    Debussy
    Personally i tried to play during early access but i didn't even bother registering for the "free 30 days".

Game is unplayable on mac, period. Unless like Moonraker you think it's cool to spend your time questing alone in ultra low settings and you should be thankful for it. lol.

I'm not touching this game ever again unless they do something to repay their mac customers, but obviously the intent was simply to rob us so i don't think they'll do anything about that.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Debussy wrote: »
    Personally i tried to play during early access but i didn't even bother registering for the "free 30 days".

Game is unplayable on mac, period. Unless like Moonraker you think it's cool to spend your time questing alone in ultra low settings and you should be thankful for it. lol.

I'm not touching this game ever again unless they do something to repay their mac customers, but obviously the intent was simply to rob us so i don't think they'll do anything about that.
    Sorry that you found it wasn't working for you. If you want to post your system details and we can look at ways to get the most from whatever Mac you are using.

Me, I'm happy to continue playing at 2560 x 1440 with Ultra-High settings and enjoy this great game, along with plenty of other Mac users thanks very much.

Equally happy to wait for the final big issue with the memory to be fixed and long term for the 64-bit clients. I never expected 100% perfection in the first month/s in any game I ever played.
  • Gingerninja
    Moonraker wrote: »

Equally happy to wait for the final big issue with the memory to be fixed and long term for the 64-bit clients. I never expected 100% perfection in the first month/s in any game I ever played.

Do we have any idea when this will be?
    I really want to be able to play the other half of this game!

I'm just asking, can we expect it to be fixed in weeks? A month or two or sometime in 2015?
    Customer support wouldn't say anything.
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭

I installed the game on Bootcamp and it runs the game absolutely flawlessly, obviously need to update all of your graphics drivers etc.

The SSD shouldn't be an issue you need to fix, the Mac client is just *** poor at the moment!
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »

Do we have any idea when this will be?
    I really want to be able to play the other half of this game!

I'm just asking, can we expect it to be fixed in weeks? A month or two or sometime in 2015?
    Customer support wouldn't say anything.
    No idea on ETA.

All I know for certain is that they continue to looks at data and work on the issue and will release code to QA and for testing which should make it to live update sometime.

Realistically they have not even mentioned 64-bit client officially I don't think though it's often mentioned both for Mac & PC in forums. It's not a quick thing to do, though, as the Lead OS X Engineer said back in December 2013 that it has been considered in design decisions like Minimum of OS X 10.7 in his post to MacRumors ESO thread here;
    Now planning ahead I chose to support 10.7 on up.

That means that in the future we could move to 64bit
    and or GL 3.1 etc and not effect the current user base.

That's important as it makes moving to 64-bit that much less complex than having to support it to even older OS X versions which would take even longer.

From what I understand (and that's nothing official or certain) they would most likely develop the 64-bit client cross-platform (both Mac & PC clients are 32-bit currently) so the whole client development team would be involved, not just Mac side.
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    i know that feeling..
    2/ 3 huge army clash into battle : crash
    On my way! to capture resource : crash
    dead , respawn & On my way! to the keep : crash and before i could relog and come back the keep is captured by groups already
    moving with groups : crash > log in > alone > some psycho stealthy guy 3 shot > respawn > walk alone > got killed
  • Gajalu
    Gajalu
    There is literally no reason to go to Cyrodiil at the moment (for Mac users that is). I thought about just quitting the game and waiting for Cyrodiil to be accessible for us BUT I decided to go on playing, enjoy the fantastic PvE content (even though I'm not much of an PvEer), get my character to 50 and enjoy the PvP content with a max level character as soon as possible.
  • Gingerninja
    So basicly, if your a mac user - you can't pvp until sometime next year (or at least several months).
    - Thats amazing.

Charge loads of money for a game they say works on a mac.
    Then let the mac users find that the game doesn't work (I'm sorry - but not being able to enter pvp is considered not working).

They should give some kind of community announcement about this. Its very very bad to give this kind of rep when starting a game.
    Edited by Gingerninja on April 15, 2014 4:40PM
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    So basicly, if your a mac user - you can't pvp until sometime next year (or at least several months).
    - Thats amazing.

Charge loads of money for a game they say works on a mac.
    Then let the mac users find that the game doesn't work (I'm sorry - but not being able to enter pvp is considered not working).

They should give some kind of community announcement about this. Its very very bad to give this kind of rep when starting a game.

Still not as bad as d3 where they promised pvp and never even released the game option until months later. I mean at least we have the option.

with that being said I agree with you. this game isnt very Mac Friendly Like Wow, LoL, Gw2.. well its not mac friendly yet.

Id say its fair to just level in pve anyways. but for people 100% uninterested in killing npc's this game is in fact Broken for mac players, Riddled with bugs and Frequent crashes and to top it off You need to buy a Gaming mouse to replace your magic mouse and there is Another Known issue with mac eso and some gaming mice to not be working together..

So I'd recommend 2 things: 1. Pve if you can stand it until they fix all these Mac issues. 2. Suspend / Cancel Subscription and Demand change until you re-subscribe.

Edited by sSolutionSs on April 15, 2014 9:14PM
  • rebelcoder
    Gajalu wrote: »
    So is this actually EVER going to get fixed client side or will this end like the GW2 Mac Wine Port?

Would love to know if I will be able to play PvP on my Mac in the next Month or if I have to cancel my sub.

Yea, pretty much cancel. I think we all should considering this has been a known issue for over 2 months now. Maybe then they'll put more than 1 part-time high school student on the job.
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    1 , SSD won't fix the problem
    2 , if anyone ever dream of they can get this fix in 2 months , they are out of their damn mind , the mac guys have to communicate with the pc client guys to coordinate stuff so the fixing is gonna be slow
    3 , he said he is working on a LOD system to make the mac version more stable , no eta on 64 bit client , he said eventually we will have it
  • Gajalu
    Gajalu
    and to top it off You need to buy a Gaming mouse to replace your magic mouse

Erm, what? I can play perfectly fine with my Magic Mouse. I swapped the Combo Attack Hotkey (X) with the Block Hotkey (RMB) for more convenient blocking but other than that I have absolutely no issues using my Magic Mouse.

• Dominion
    Dominion
    ✭✭
    I dunno about you guys but im NOT running a Mac at all and im still crashing left and right, ONLY IN CYRODIL regardless of graphics all the way down or not.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominion wrote: »
    I dunno about you guys but im NOT running a Mac at all and im still crashing left and right, ONLY IN CYRODIL regardless of graphics all the way down or not.
    Sadly there is a lot of similar issues not related to the Mac specific memory crash which will do this in PvP. Especially during peak hours and on NA server (not exclusively but more so) It looks like most of this is server-side and needs sorting generally in some way to alleviate these crash/ login problems at their end.