The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperials

Cladius30
Cladius30
✭✭✭✭✭
I hope they come out with an expac about the imperials and what's going on with them.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the Imperial City DLC. If you can't stand PVP, you can see the now independent factions on the Gold Coast.

Otherwise, the Imperials have some scattered armies in Alikr, Bangkorai, Elsweyr, Reaper's March, generally being led by one of Tharn's relatives.
  • VaIerius
    VaIerius
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely would love a DLC where the Imperials are not painted as the bad guys for once. As for what is going on with them, what exactly would you like to know? I think I got a pretty good idea of their situation.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a wish for many, myself included. Some bigger DLC or chapter would be nice, since they haven't got a single thing that is focused on them. They are either some enemy somewhere or just a couple of quest givers.

Even the zones that are in Cyrodiil is not focused on Cyrodiil much or the imperials. The Dark Brotherhood dlc for example is on the Gold Coast but it's focused on the brotherhood and murder. Cyrodiil is mainly war and Molag bal and his daedra. Imperial City/sewer etc is a bit less war but more focused on Molag Bal and daedra.

So I'd love for the next Chapter to be the Nibenbay, that is focused on Cyrodiil and the Imperials without any daedra mischief and whatnot. Imperials have suffered a war over their land, loss of their Emperor and a Daedric Prince's invasion already, so the plot of the story doesn't need another one planning to take over the world or something either. They are imperials, they are perfectly capable of cutthroat and complicated politics and issues by themselves.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VaIerius wrote: »
    Definitely would love a DLC where the Imperials are not painted as the bad guys for once. As for what is going on with them, what exactly would you like to know? I think I got a pretty good idea of their situation.

so in the game skyrim that is much further in to the future then eso right?
    in skyrim the imperials have more organization and army. have they been growing back to strength from the time period of eso to skyrim?
  • VaIerius
    VaIerius
    ✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    VaIerius wrote: »

so in the game skyrim that is much further in to the future then eso right?
    in skyrim the imperials have more organization and army. have they been growing back to strength from the time period of eso to skyrim?

So ESO is set during the Interregnum which is the time period between the fall of the Second Empire and the rise of the Third Empire. During the Second and Third Empires, the Imperials conquered almost all of the provinces, established a central government, and brought peace and prosperity to Tamriel. ESO is set a few hundred years after the Second Empire has crumbled, and the Empire is now corrupt and disorganised and holds hardly any authority anymore even in Cyrodiil. Hence the Imperials are pretty much at their lowest point in history during ESO, and these are arguably the ‘dark ages’ of Tamriel. A few hundred years after ESO, Tiber Septim will again conquer most of the provinces and establish the Third Empire, which is featured at its height during Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. However, between Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim a Great War takes place between the Third Empire and the Third Aldmeri Dominion (which is different from the First Aldmeri Dominion from ESO) and the Empire is on the decline again with many provinces seceding from the Empire. During the time of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the Empire only encompasses Cyrodiil, Skyrim and High Rock. So to answer your question, yes, after ESO the Imperials get their act together again and establish the greatest Empire Tamriel has ever known, but they are on the decline again during Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (while still being in a far better state than they are during ESO).
    Edited by VaIerius on August 21, 2019 8:50AM