The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I think it's about time.....

pod88kk
pod88kk
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Personally I think it's high time that the devs at Zos revisit/rework the current dot tracker with the base game especially given this DOT heavy meta for most magicka classes in scalebreaker.

As a console player is nearly impossible to get a consistent uptime on so many dots. With the introduction of the new dot heavy meta, us console players are at a big disadvantage when it comes to how we do damage.

So please Zenimax, could you think about reowrking the current system to allow us to even the playing fields a bit.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Kind regards
POD
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dot trackers have nothing to do with keeping a consistent uptime though and you arent at a disadvantage if every single person you are allowed to play with are with the same UI.

I'm all for improving base UI but you're pushing for it for all the wrong reasons.

previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's about time people stop using the post title "I think it's about time."
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea. At the moment the bar with buff and debuffs feels like a hot mess half the time and there is simply no way for us to reliably track a skill unless it comes with a buff or debuff.

It would be very helpful if we could somehow pick and choose what we want to track/prioritise for both dots/hots and buffs.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on PC and don't use add on's. My playing field is the same as yours and I like my playing field.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can show active effects on console.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    You can show active effects on console.

I actually think he's talking about things like WoE and ground AoE's - Dots are all tracked on console unless there's a bug.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Action duration reminder is an prefect design here, it show duration on hotbar as its goes down it also track back bar.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current buff/skill tracker in general needs to be revisited.

It honestly feels like someone got pissed at the multiple requests for a buff tracker since launch, so they created what we currently have out of spite. As if to say "see, buff trackers aren't that great!". Given the multiple add-ons that they could use as a template, I don't see how they thought rolling out what they did was fine. It's especially frustrating because I don't think it's terrible, it just feels incomplete.

Just having the option to turn off the major/minor buffs (therefore only skills, food, and debuffs would show) would clean up the tracker significantly. For example, if I pop bone armor, I obviously have the armor and spell resistance buff for the duration of that skill. Those two extra icons are just ui clutter.

Adding the option to turn off major/minor buffs, adding icons for all skills with a duration (e.g., wall of elements and twisting path due not have icons from what I can tell), and separating skills/buffs and debuffs (buffs over magicka bar, debuffs over stamina bar?) would make the ui a lot more use friendly imo.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Action duration reminder is an prefect design here, it show duration on hotbar as its goes down it also track back bar.

For ground based AoE's and single application abilities like elemental drain etc, this is what they should do imo.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VblCHlw.jpg

As a Magblade I am now running 8 dots/buffs and a weave/execute. The screen shot shows my buff tracking and I used one to give you a idea of what it looks like in use. Shades is normally on it as well but only when I am with a healer who knows how to keep ele drain and orbs going (if the healer doesnt want to actually play as a support role... I have siphon on...).

The speed buff at the bottom is just on my screen so I can recast it when I am mounting around places.

Id be annoyed if I didnt have my buffs set up in a blindly obvious way like above.
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    I am on PC and don't use add on's. My playing field is the same as yours and I like my playing field.

That's nice but no one would be forcing you to use any of it? 🤔
    This feels bit like saying you like the sun and don't need an umbrella so no one should ask for an umbrella even if they might like to have the option?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine playing this game without an ability tracker. I feel for you console plebs. This functionality really should be built into the base game.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 15, 2019 12:44AM
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the very least activity duration timer addon should be built into the base game.

Playing without that would be a nightmare
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rezdayn wrote: »
    VblCHlw.jpg

As a Magblade I am now running 8 dots/buffs and a weave/execute. The screen shot shows my buff tracking and I used one to give you a idea of what it looks like in use. Shades is normally on it as well but only when I am with a healer who knows how to keep ele drain and orbs going (if the healer doesnt want to actually play as a support role... I have siphon on...).

The speed buff at the bottom is just on my screen so I can recast it when I am mounting around places.

Id be annoyed if I didnt have my buffs set up in a blindly obvious way like above.

:open_mouth: I really like that setup for this patch. Is that all LUI?