Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fragments

jaws343
jaws343
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I noticed in the Patch Notes that the Indrik Feathers and Berries are also going to be considered fragments and show up in the collectibles. Does this mean that the berries and feathers will no longer have the icon that shows them in your inventory when you are purchasing new berries or feathers from the vendor? If that icon is no longer there, a lot of people are going to be purchasing the wrong items.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems that the Impresario’s list checks against your Collections now and forbids you from buying a Fragment you already have.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impresario won’t let any of your characters buy double.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so much for stocking up on more feathers. why you do dis, ZOS?
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    Once you stock up on 4, you can make a nascent and stock up on 4 more feathers after that.

If you've already got two evolved indriks, or don't want a previous evolution (which is why you're stocking up?), then you don't need anymore than this anyway for all the evolutions.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you stock up on 4, you can make a nascent and stock up on 4 more feathers after that.

If you've already got two evolved indriks, or don't want a previous evolution (which is why you're stocking up?), then you don't need anymore than this anyway for all the evolutions.

One might stock up on feathers so then when one takes a vacation they aren’t missing anything
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • SAMEASLEYb14_ESO
    yep no more stocking up so we will loos tickets just another money grab by this company. no thx not another cent as long as i live to this company
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too dislike that you cannot stack copies of feathers in the new fragment system. If they're going this route they really should raise the ticket limit to something much higher or remove it all together.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I want to know is:

(1) I already have a Nascent Indrik-- plus the first two evolved Indriks, but they're irrelevant to my question. The Nascent Indrik that I already have will become the third evolved Indrik once the other two berries are available and earned.

(2) I now have two feathers toward my next Nascent Indrik, which will eventually become the fourth evolved Indrik.

(3) I'll earn enough tickets to get a third feather just before the end of this event.

And now the kicker and the question:

(4) During the next event, when the third berry becomes available, I expect to also earn the fourth feather. That means I'll have all four feathers for my next Nascent Indrik BEFORE the fourth berry becomes available and I can evolve the Nascent Indrik that I already have. So what's going to happen when I buy that fourth feather? Will I have two Nascent Indriks, or will I have the one Nascent Indrik that I've already got plus a runebox or whatever for the next one? Or will the four feathers combine to make a new Nascent Indrik that replaces my existing Nascent Indrik, thereby causing those four feathers that I've bought to be completely wasted?
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on August 13, 2019 9:38AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Square252
    Square252
    ✭✭✭
    I got a nascent indrik and a full set of berries, plus 2 additional ones from the previous event.
    The four in my bank got converted to fragments, but the 2 additional ones are still in my inventory, stating that i already own this collectible:

uvNMc5S.png

Guess it takes some time since i want the next 2 indriks (onyx and the white one), after that i could finish another nascent with the feathers. Missed almost no event day so far :blush:
  • RogueSykoe
    RogueSykoe
    ✭✭
    I currently have all 3 Indrik Mounts available so far.. Nascent, Dawnwood and Luminous

To end up with all 5 Indriks I still need 2 more set of feathers... but I can only hold 1 set at a time now.

I now have 10 tickets and can't buy what I need because ZOS literally changed the rules in the middle of the game.

• RogueSykoe
    RogueSykoe
    ✭✭
    I should have also mentioned that I also have all 4 feathers for another Nascent but I cant use them until I evolve the Nascent I already have... And I can't buy more than 1 kind of feather now.

This is kind of screwed because I am going to be wasting event tickets (that are valued at 250 crowns each) for the rest of this event and the next event until the one after that when I can finally evolve an Indrik and start collecting feathers again (at which point, I will be 2 feathers behind).

Please ZOS either fix this so we can buy more than 1 of each feather or at least give us something decent to buy from the Presario with the extra event tickets. (Like a Nascent Indrik pet).

Thanks

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    What I want to know is:

(1) I already have a Nascent Indrik-- plus the first two evolved Indriks, but they're irrelevant to my question. The Nascent Indrik that I already have will become the third evolved Indrik once the other two berries are available and earned.

(2) I now have two feathers toward my next Nascent Indrik, which will eventually become the fourth evolved Indrik.

(3) I'll earn enough tickets to get a third feather just before the end of this event.

And now the kicker and the question:

(4) During the next event, when the third berry becomes available, I expect to also earn the fourth feather. That means I'll have all four feathers for my next Nascent Indrik BEFORE the fourth berry becomes available and I can evolve the Nascent Indrik that I already have. So what's going to happen when I buy that fourth feather? Will I have two Nascent Indriks, or will I have the one Nascent Indrik that I've already got plus a runebox or whatever for the next one? Or will the four feathers combine to make a new Nascent Indrik that replaces my existing Nascent Indrik, thereby causing those four feathers that I've bought to be completely wasted?

To answer your question: TBH this works exactly as it did before? Yes, you can't have two Nascent Indriks at the same time. No, I dont think it'll let you even try. You just won't be able to use the feathers, presumably... If you COULD use them I would advise against doing it as you have nothing to gain. I don't think you'll get a runebox for trying -- the game expects you to understand how it handles collectibles.
    What happens when you get the fourth feather is that you'll have the four feathers. And apparently can't buy duplicates of them anymore.
    Edited by Raisin on August 14, 2019 8:06AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Square252 wrote: »
    I got a nascent indrik and a full set of berries, plus 2 additional ones from the previous event.
    The four in my bank got converted to fragments, but the 2 additional ones are still in my inventory, stating that i already own this collectible:

uvNMc5S.png

Guess it takes some time since i want the next 2 indriks (onyx and the white one), after that i could finish another nascent with the feathers. Missed almost no event day so far :blush:
    And this answer SeaGtGruff question. Its no danger having 4 feathers, you can simply not use them until you evolve the nascent indrik.
    if you already have an nascent indrik you will not need more than 8 feathers total.
    You can evolve the existing one so you need 4 for the white and then 4 for the final nascent indrik.

Is on 3 feathers now, will probably use some to buy missing maelstrom styles depending on drops or prices.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens if you've put feathers into a chest?

is it you can't remove them from the chest until you've consumed any in your inven or do they go poof?
    EU PS4
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happens if you've put feathers into a chest?

is it you can't remove them from the chest until you've consumed any in your inven or do they go poof?

If it behaves like materials in chests and eso+ free trail then the moment you access the chest they will automatically transfer to their new location
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you no longer bank them?
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On console so this has not hit yet but confused.

At moment have:
    2 evolved indrik,
    1 nascent indrik
    3 berries (on main character)
    4 different feathers (on different character)
    4 event tickets.

So what is happening with feathers? I will probably use next 10 event tickets to buy another feather on another character - so will have 2 of one kind. Can do that at the moment - is this no longer going to be possible?

@ZOS_GinaBruno would appreciate clarification
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Can you no longer bank them?

Correct. On purchase, they now go directly to collections, and you cannot purchase one that you already have in collections.
    It probably will reduce in a lot less customer support requests related to the indrik mounts, but people who were ahead on tickets lose flexibility.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what is the bloody point in doing the damn events for tickets if I can’t have duplicates of feathers? Don’t want to buy anything else from vendor.

Minor thing but irritating nonetheless.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please clarify - does this mean can’t have more than one feather of each kind now?
    Edited by Hallothiel on August 14, 2019 1:34PM
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    On console so this has not hit yet but confused.

At moment have:
    2 evolved indrik,
    1 nascent indrik
    3 berries (on main character)
    4 different feathers (on different character)
    4 event tickets.

So what is happening with feathers? I will probably use next 10 event tickets to buy another feather on another character - so will have 2 of one kind. Can do that at the moment - is this no longer going to be possible?

@ZOS_GinaBruno would appreciate clarification

Hi...

As far as I've seen it on PC it'll be as followed…

With this Update you have a new Tab under Collection called *Fragments*… There the feathers and berries you have will be shown/collected… If you - like myself - e.g. have 4 different feathers (in the bank) and 2 more different feathers in the inventory, the 4 different from the bank will be moved into the Fragments Collection and the 2 others will stay in the inventory and will show a tooltip like *You already own this items*… If you now try to buy a new feather (e.g. one of the 2 missing ones for completing the next set of feathers) they system won't let you do it... It'll say something like *You already own this item*…

For your example it would mean that you will not be able to buy another feather until the moment you have used the 4 feathers from the Fragments Collection to create a Nascent Indrik Mount... Since you already have one, you will need to use it for evolving it into another form first…

Best regards
    Shadow
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    So what is the bloody point in doing the damn events for tickets if I can’t have duplicates of feathers? Don’t want to buy anything else from vendor.

Minor thing but irritating nonetheless.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please clarify - does this mean can’t have more than one feather of each kind now?

Hi... I am not Gina, but as far as I can tell - yes… You can only have 4 different feathers (one of each version) in your Collection and you won't be able to buy and bank additional ones... The only thing you can do is to use the feathers and get a Nascent Indrik mount, ready to be evolved or used…

Best regards
    Shadow
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The change is great for berries.

For feathers, we need to be able to keep second feathers in inventory. Buyer beware. This is because we need 2 nascent for 4th quarter -- one to evolve and one to keep -- and we don't know how many tickets can be earned 4th quarter (or 3rd even).
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on August 14, 2019 1:43PM
  • Stonegrave
    Stonegrave
    ✭✭
    The collection system doesn't seem flexible enough to "fix" this, so raising the ticket limit seems to be the only workable solution for those who want to stay ahead of the Q4 events (aside from the lucky few who already had duplicate feathers sitting in their bank/inventory).

I currently have:

2 evolved indriks
    1 nascent indrik (will become onyx indrik)
    2 onyx berries
    3 indrik feathers

By the end of this event I will have four indrik feathers (that at the end of Q3 will be turned into a nascent indrik that will eventually become the Q4 pure-snow indrik). Next event, after buying the third onyx berry, I would then have started buying duplicate indrik feathers that would, after Q4, be turned into an unevolved nascent indrik, giving me 5 indriks at the end of the year (four evolved, one nascent), and give me leeway in case I have to miss event days for work or family functions.

The headache for customer service was real, I'm sure, but Zeni brought that upon themselves in the first place with the ticket cap and not allowing feathers and berries to be refunded for tickets through the vendor.

I'm guessing that, in truth, holding onto duplicate feathers to stay ahead was allowed, but probably not intended, and this is actually the fix to make it work correctly. On the other hand, there's all kinds of things in the game that should be fixed but aren't because "Because it's been that way, it wouldn't be right to change it now." :/
    Edited by Stonegrave on August 14, 2019 4:11PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ta @ShadowPaladin but that is bloody annoying if correct.

As others are saying, wanted to stay ahead of things in case RL intervened as want the next 2 indriks. Plus would like to have a nascent one as well.

But then it just means I wont necessarily participate in events for the tickets - not going to be that much of a loss considering some of the rubbish have got in Wrothgar rewards this time (blue rubidite chest of stamina - really?! Wow.)
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. So...
    1. I've had 4 feather in one chest, two in the other and four in the bank
    2. On login four feathers went to collections
    3. I've evolved my Nascent Indrik and made new one with feathers
    4. At this point I had 6 feathers in chests and none in collections
    5. I've just bought one more feather and it went to collections

In conclusion: I wish I knew about this change before it went live so I'd put all my old feathers in chests. In PTS patch notes they only mentioned it in 5.1.2 notes:
    Fixed several issues where the Indrik Feathers and Berries were not properly converting to collectible fragments.
    Either I'm blind or it was quite a dirty move.

• Skogsalf
    Skogsalf
    ✭✭✭
    I had a set of four feathers in the bank, and they went to fragments as they were supposed to. I then had another set of four feathers on a character. I evolved a nascent indrik with the set i had in fragments.

Now there are no feathers in fragments, even though I transferred the second set to my bank and logged in and out of the game quite a few times. I might try to put those last four feathers in a chest to see if that helps... Or maybe they are just lost...? If so, very disappointing, to say the least. Robbery, comes to mind...
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if feathers are in a chest they don’t go to Collectibles?

Still confused.

Anyone? @ZOS_GinaBruno ? @ZOS_Jessica Folsom ? Anyone?
  • Skogsalf
    Skogsalf
    ✭✭✭
    Skogsalf wrote: »
    I had a set of four feathers in the bank, and they went to fragments as they were supposed to. I then had another set of four feathers on a character. I evolved a nascent indrik with the set i had in fragments.

Now there are no feathers in fragments, even though I transferred the second set to my bank and logged in and out of the game quite a few times. I might try to put those last four feathers in a chest to see if that helps... Or maybe they are just lost...? If so, very disappointing, to say the least. Robbery, comes to mind...

Sooo, I found a way to get my feathers into the fragments category. The way to do it is to just click on them (when they are in your characters inventory) and select use. They are then moved to fragments.
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    The change is great for berries.

For feathers, we need to be able to keep second feathers in inventory. Buyer beware. This is because we need 2 nascent for 4th quarter -- one to evolve and one to keep -- and we don't know how many tickets can be earned 4th quarter (or 3rd even).

That's my concern as well and the only reason why I was stocking up in advance. Once we get our 4th evolved Indrik I also want the base one.
    Edited by DLM on August 14, 2019 7:21PM