The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

so they stole my tickets?

barney2525
barney2525
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Up until now, you buy an Indrik feather with 10 tickets, you get the actual feather, which goes into your inventory. Of course, the feathers don't stay 'together' in your inventory, so it can be easy to miss one. During last event, I bought what I thought would be the 3rd feather - and then I realized that I already had the 3rd one. :p OK, my mistake, I figured I would just hang on to it to make the 'next' Indrik to come out.

So todays update I find that the feathers are no longer 'Items'. They are in collections. All my feathers disappeared from my bag. Including the extra one. So instead of getting credit for the tickets I spent - and say automatically adding the 4th feather - the extra feather is just Gone. The 10 tickets earned and spent are just Gone.

I don't remember this change being advertised.

:#
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @barney2525 Could you please contact our Support team so they can assist you with this? Thanks.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was wondering what would happen if you had multiples of a particular feather when they went into collections. So are you saying that if you have two Emerald feathers (on different characters, or one on a character and one in the bank), only one appears in collections?

If that's the case, I hope ZOS has plans to address it so we don't lose stuff unfairly.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    I was wondering what would happen if you had multiples of a particular feather when they went into collections. So are you saying that if you have two Emerald feathers (on different characters, or one on a character and one in the bank), only one appears in collections?

If that's the case, I hope ZOS has plans to address it so we don't lose stuff unfairly.

From what other players have reported today, duplicate feathers should remain in your inventory/bank until you summon your next Nascent, at which point they will presumably be whisked away to Collections. This sounds like an unfortunate exception if the duplicate was removed too.
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Initially I thought a duplicate feather of me was also gone, but I found it in a character's inventory (even though I thought it was in the bank before). What I think happened: not the feather in the character inventory went into the collections, but instead the feather in the bank.
    So: Are you sure you checked both places you had your feathers before, since they couldn't be in the same place?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

From what other players have reported today, duplicate feathers should remain in your inventory/bank until you summon your next Nascent, at which point they will presumably be whisked away to Collections. This sounds like an unfortunate exception if the duplicate was removed too.

Oh that's a relief, thanks for the info.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they’d given some warning on this change. I don’t even know which characters my extra feathers are on let alone what I have. I *think* I have no dupes (only 1 of each feather + a nascent) but if I do I would lose it without knowing. I would have made sure to check and put them safely onto an unused alt if I had seen this change prior to the patch release.

That said it’s a nice change for inventory space if not for hoarding extra feathers!
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked all toons and bank. i had 4 feathers in bank and one extra on a character and my extra is absolutely gone. I submitted a /help ticket. My guild mate had THREE extra feathers, in addition to her 4 and they are all gone as well. i will tell her to submit a ticket too.

PC NA for us.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @barney2525 Could you please contact our Support team so they can assist you with this? Thanks.

sent in a ticket

apparently the first canned response is an explanation of how you can get a maximum of two tickets per day for the event :p

so I responded after that and am waiting for an actual person to look at it.

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they’d given some warning on this change. I don’t even know which characters my extra feathers are on let alone what I have. I *think* I have no dupes (only 1 of each feather + a nascent) but if I do I would lose it without knowing. I would have made sure to check and put them safely onto an unused alt if I had seen this change prior to the patch release.

That said it’s a nice change for inventory space if not for hoarding extra feathers!

would not have helped. Collections are Account wide.

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cruxanero wrote: »
    Initially I thought a duplicate feather of me was also gone, but I found it in a character's inventory (even though I thought it was in the bank before). What I think happened: not the feather in the character inventory went into the collections, but instead the feather in the bank.
    So: Are you sure you checked both places you had your feathers before, since they couldn't be in the same place?

I stored all feathers in the bank until they needed to be used. After all, its not like each character needs to make their own Indrik.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Cruxanero wrote: »

I stored all feathers in the bank until they needed to be used. After all, its not like each character needs to make their own Indrik.

You can't have more than one of the same feather in the bank (or on any character), you need to shift them around if you have duplicates.
    The Moot Councillor
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I was very close to completing my 5th set of feathers.

I'm now sitting at 12 tickets with nothing to spend them on and a potential to earn 8 more tickets in the event.

I'm also pretty sure the collection thing cost me 30 tickets worth of feather as I had multiple doubles of the feathers.

It would have been better to make these items a currency or stackable rather than a collectible if you were just trying to preserve bag space.

I have no idea what to do now :(
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I was very close to completing my 5th set of feathers.

I'm now sitting at 12 tickets with nothing to spend them on and a potential to earn 8 more tickets in the event.

I'm also pretty sure the collection thing cost me 30 tickets worth of feather as I had multiple doubles of the feathers.

It would have been better to make these items a currency or stackable rather than a collectible if you were just trying to preserve bag space.

I have no idea what to do now :(

Same boat here, I had at least 2 Indricks worth of feathers , was working on a third... or did I have 3 Indricks and working on a fourth?, i don't even know anymore but the 2 indricks (8 feathers) I'm absolutely sure.

All this work and careful planning for nothing,

It's like being punished for playing the game (maybe I do play too much :p )

Now what is done is done, I don't really care at this point but it would be really nice if the amount of tickets stored could increase so this kind of issues (and others) could be avoided in the future.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »

Now what is done is done, I don't really care at this point but it would be really nice if the amount of tickets stored could increase so this kind of issues (and others) could be avoided in the future.

Pretty sure you’re aware that ZOS has said the ticket cap is to encourage participation in all the events ... not get tickets ahead of time and then sit back passively and wait until the next berries / feathers are available.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 15, 2019 6:04PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pretty sure you’re aware that ZOS has said the ticket cap is to encourage participation in all the events ... not get tickets ahead of time and then sit back passively and wait until the next berries / feathers are available.

It would probably encourage more participation if we didn't hit the cap halfway through each event, and then have to sit on those tickets unless there's something worthwhile to buy from the vendor.

It's also worth pointing out that people without ESO+ or purchased DLCs are locked out of potentially multiple events per quarter and could really use the non-paywalled events to stock up for future berries and feathers.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feathers stored in your house containers don’t show up or interfere with bank storage feathers. I wonder if anyone had any stored in those boxes disappear? That’s where I always put extra feathers that were dupes for what was in the bank. 🤷‍♀️
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm pretty sure ZOS is aware that people that have all mounts (in my case minus one, miscalculated and ended buying more feathers than needed instead of berries), pets, outfit styles and have a big amount of tickets spare are actually people that are fully participating in those events, the exact opposite of sitting back.
    I have had a lot of feathers spares because I actually enjoy events and play them at their fullest, not because of some "retirement" plan.

For people like me, who actually participate in events, the cap on event tickets actually discourages from playing, as we end up with way more that we need and the waste is real.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would probably encourage more participation if we didn't hit the cap halfway through each event, and then have to sit on those tickets unless there's something worthwhile to buy from the vendor.

If there’s nothing worthwhile to buy from the vendor, why accumulate tickets then?

Seems like extra time lost when you could have been doing something else in-game.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For people like me, who actually participate in events, the cap on event tickets actually discourages from playing, as we end up with way more that we need and the waste is real.

Great, @Arciris.

If you have a genuine interest in doing the events (rather than purchasing items at the Impressario), why should a ticket cap even matter then??
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does a leaderboard score matters? Why does Emperor or any other tittle matters?

In case you don't know, there's a bit of a "race" at the beginning of each event to see who gets mounts, pets, styles or titles or whatever first.

That's why a lot of stuff costs so much the first day of an event, and almost nothing at the end.

Investing time in events and accumulate it's currency gives an head start to this race.

Anyway, we had something, now we don't. Pretty simple to understand I think :)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If there’s nothing worthwhile to buy from the vendor, why accumulate tickets then?

Seems like extra time lost when you could have been doing something else in-game.

As long as there will be more to buy in the future, accumulating tickets will be worthwhile.

Otherwise you're right, there's little point in doing the events from a reward perspective, which was kind of my point with the encouraging participation thing.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a dedicated roleplayer and member of the thieves guild i feel the need to inform you that i stole them.

Sorry, not sorry.. all part of the roleplay experience!
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Great, @Arciris.

If you have a genuine interest in doing the events (rather than purchasing items at the Impressario), why should a ticket cap even matter then??

Wait. So the ticket cap is to encourage people to participate in events as they come rather than stockpile, but tickets shouldn't matter because everyone should just be participating for participations sake.

Which is it?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS