The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game crashing in Cyrodil

ZOS_UlyssesW
ZOS_UlyssesW
✭✭✭
This discussion was created from comments split from: <a href="/discussion/61933/game-does-not-launch-mac/">Game does not launch (Mac)</a>.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
Staff Post
  • Razor_Sharp
    My game keeps crashing constantly when I'm in Cyrodiil. It was running fine until i joined a group. As soon as the group interface came up the game crashed. Now whenever i try to re-log onto that character, the game crashes again.

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.1.0.0.956792
    char.account = Razor_Sharp
    char.alliance = 2
    char.name = The Milkman Cometh
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = inworld
    client.renderertype = OPENGL
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-04-01T19:36:44.036Z
    client.time_since_load = 21
    client.uptime = 223.5
    computer.name = vl136-245.vl136.georgiasouthern.edu
    computer.user = Cameron
    cpu.count = 4
    data.depotid = 4000
    data.dir = /Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/
    data.syncm = databuild
    data.version = 0.win.0.live.956792
    exe.buildnum = 956792
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    gfx.description = NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine
    gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0
    gfx.driver = 2.1 NVIDIA-8.24.9 310.40.25f01
    gfx.vendorid = 0
    globby.address = 198.20.200.180
    globby.port = 24507
    loc.wloc = 43 837749 42164 115068 2.11
    loc.world = Cyrodiil
    loc.worldid = 43
    loc.zone = Cyrodiil
    login.address = 198.20.200.180
    mem.current = 1217
    mem.peak = 1217
    mem.physical = 8192
    os.platform = mac
    os.version = 13C64
    realm.depotid = 0
    realm.id = 4000
    realm.name = NA Megaserver
    reportfield.ver = 3
  • Dominion
    Dominion
    ✭✭
    Same here. 30 player group
  • rebelcoder
    This is out of control, they seriously need to get someone to fix this game. Broken quests, broken pvp. Crafting seems to be the only thing that actually works.
    Edited by rebelcoder on April 2, 2014 1:46AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this looks like a separate issue from the memory issue in the Mac client especially in Cyrodiil. Separate for the Group feature described here.

Is this only effecting Mac players of PC players also? Would be useful to find out from others in the group.

If you have a memory issue in Cyrodiil i.e. crashing frequently in play, then please post details with crash reports in this thread.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    ZERO crashes in PVE, Cyrodill on the other hand is a joke...

Run 5 minutes, arrive to combat zone. HARD CRASH. Reporter has nothing to report...blank. Log back in. CHARACTER IS ALREADY IN GAME or something similar. Log back in...get booted out of Cyrodill. Log back in game, enter Cyrodill after queue, use wayshrine, arrive at combat zone, fight for 10 seconds, HARD CRASH...nothing in the reporter

You guys have one month to fix this mess.

Mac pro 6Gigs of ram latest OS and not happy customer
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monsoon wrote: »
    ZERO crashes in PVE, Cyrodill on the other hand is a joke...

Run 5 minutes, arrive to combat zone. HARD CRASH. Reporter has nothing to report...blank. Log back in. CHARACTER IS ALREADY IN GAME or something similar. Log back in...get booted out of Cyrodill. Log back in game, enter Cyrodill after queue, use wayshrine, arrive at combat zone, fight for 10 seconds, HARD CRASH...nothing in the reporter

You guys have one month to fix this mess.

Mac pro 6Gigs of ram latest OS and not happy customer
    Please confirm you System details will help to comment;

Apple icon (top left of menu bar) > About This Mac > More info…

Do you have a dual CPU model?

Are you in a group when this happens? As there is no crash report it does not sound like the memory crash but it;s hard to tell.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    I am tired of reporting crashes...been doing this for months now

Zos has my specs already, I reported those crashes countless of times during the betas. I am sick and tired of this
    Edited by ZOS_AlexD on April 3, 2014 12:59AM
  • rebelcoder
    Monsoon wrote: »
    I am tired of reporting crashes...been doing this for months now

Zos has my specs already, I reported those crashes countless of times during the betas. I am sick and tired of this

What?! This isn't a new bug? How long have you been experiencing this?

Edit: Thought I saw somewhere that this was introduced in one of the last few betas? Only got to play the last 2 beta weekends myself and it's been there since. Interested to hear exactly how long they have known about the issue and done nothing.
    Edited by rebelcoder on April 3, 2014 8:19PM
  • SilentVigil
    SilentVigil
    ✭✭
    I think this is effecting both Mac and PC. All the people I asked in zone chat that crashed were PC clients so small sample size and all that but I seem to crash about the same PVE and PVP so not sure. I shutter to think what it will be like when there are a lot more people out in Cyrodiil
  • reapz69
    reapz69
    happening agian today
  • Gingerninja
    Still having huge issues (crashing) on my mac book pro (2.4 GHz i7, 8GB Ram and GT 650m 1024 MB Graphics card).

This game is unplayable. Not happy. I'll be telling everyone not to play this game if this keeps up.
    Edited by Gingerninja on April 13, 2014 6:24PM
  • tylerhalversonb16_ESO
    I'm still crashing every 2-3 minutes in Cyrodil. At first I thought it was because my computer was too weak for the intense battles, but after doing a benchmark and looking into it further, that is definitely not the case. I also crash randomly whenever I'm just in town heading to a bank or something. What is up with this?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still crashing every 2-3 minutes in Cyrodil. At first I thought it was because my computer was too weak for the intense battles, but after doing a benchmark and looking into it further, that is definitely not the case. I also crash randomly whenever I'm just in town heading to a bank or something. What is up with this?
    See this thread which has a lot more reports and details for these issues.
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    I run other MMo's on my Upgraded Mac at full or high Graphics. Not this game though, its on low and guess what Every 5 minutes in cyrodill it Still Crashes!!!

All i want to do is pvp. with all the Crashing and lack of pvp ui, Perhaps You Devs are making it clear that this isnt the PvP game I was looking for. .