Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mount stops running when he's out of stamina

LeinadOrarogep
LeinadOrarogep
✭✭✭
It seems that after today's patch, the mount stops running after he runs out of stamina, while previously it would keep running as long as you kept the run key pressed.
I tried this on a new toon created today, post-patch.
Is it just me? Did I miss something in the patch notes, or is this unintended?
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the hits just keep on coming....

It would not be ESO if they did not have bugs after a patch.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they need to sell those mages/psijic upgrades somehow. This patch is just a big joke on us.
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they need to sell those mages/psijic upgrades somehow. This patch is just a big joke on us.

Tired comment is tired. Whether you approve of crown store stuff for sale, I can gar-un-tee you the guy who made mounts play red light greenlight post patch is not the one adding skill lines to the store.
  • LeinadOrarogep
    LeinadOrarogep
    ✭✭✭
    More on topic, is anyone else experiencing this? It seems weird no one noticed, especially in Cyrodiil where it is crippling. Maybe it’s just me!
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They want you to invest in the War Mount CP perk.

No joke.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought that your mount continuing to fun at full speed after the stam ran out was a bug...
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I always thought that your mount continuing to fun at full speed after the stam ran out was a bug...

So did I actually, because if you hit a little rock or your horse lost contact with the ground (any interruption basically) after it ran out of stamina, it used to slow down anyway.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you wear the tinfoil hat, your mount will keep sprinting!
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think horses keep running after they're out of stamina. All others just slow down or stop.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can purchase unlimited mount stamina in the crown store coming next patch
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on August 12, 2019 5:11PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before the game went buy to play the devs said that it was intentional and was supposed to be a perk specific to horses (at the time horses were the only mounts in the game), while upcoming mounts of other types (senches, guar, etc) would have different perks specific to them. After the game went buy to play and the crown store was introduced the entire way that mounts worked was changed (this was when "feeding your horse" to raise attributes for one specific mount changed into "mount training" that applied to the character rather than to a specific horse), and all mounts of all types ended up functionally identical.

The assumption at the time was that they abandoned the idea of each type of mount having a different special perk because with the crown store people would see it as being pay to win if one of those perks was somehow better/more useful than others.

On topic: yes, I've also been experiencing this undocumented change. Any word on whether this is an intentional change @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After all this time they decided to fix THAT? 😂
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭

I remember it being this way. When I came back to the game a few months ago after a 2 year hiatus I thought it was strange that my mount sprint was still active after stamina ran out. I guess if it was a bug that was helpful to players it wasn't a big deal to players.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember it being this way. When I came back to the game a few months ago after a 2 year hiatus I thought it was strange that my mount sprint was still active after stamina ran out. I guess if it was a bug that was helpful to players it wasn't a big deal to players.
    I've been playing since launch, and since day 1 mounts have always continued to sprint after running out of stamina. The devs always said it was intentional.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

Considering the atrocity that is the current patch, I wouldn't put it past them to have done this on purpose--AND for them to have stealthed it..
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you wear the tinfoil hat, your mount will keep sprinting!

I tried double layered one but it helps only 33% more, any tips?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, just confirming we've seen this and are investigating.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Before the game went buy to play the devs said that it was intentional and was supposed to be a perk specific to horses (at the time horses were the only mounts in the game), while upcoming mounts of other types (senches, guar, etc) would have different perks specific to them. After the game went buy to play and the crown store was introduced the entire way that mounts worked was changed (this was when "feeding your horse" to raise attributes for one specific mount changed into "mount training" that applied to the character rather than to a specific horse), and all mounts of all types ended up functionally identical.

The assumption at the time was that they abandoned the idea of each type of mount having a different special perk because with the crown store people would see it as being pay to win if one of those perks was somehow better/more useful than others.

On topic: yes, I've also been experiencing this undocumented change. Any word on whether this is an intentional change @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

I did not realize this, thanks for the information!
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really glad to hear this was unintended!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn, was hoping it was intentional, not so much for the logical immersion but more so to watch the flames rage.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering the atrocity that is the current patch, I wouldn't put it past them to have done this on purpose--AND for them to have stealthed it..

Overall it's a pretty solid patch. Far from an 'atrocity'
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »

People take a Mole hill and cast Eruption to make it a mountain.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »

How very dare you come on these forums and act in a reasonable manner?! Do you know nothing?!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Damn, was hoping it was intentional, not so much for the logical immersion but more so to watch the flames rage.
    Same, although I would have been satisfied with the logical reason :stuck_out_tongue:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bwahahahahaha no stam? Mount is like “NOPE!”
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really glad to hear this was unintended!

Don't celebrate just yet. They said they're investigating, not that they're going to reverse it.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I feel like they hired a crew to add bugs just to feel more like a bethesda brand game. ..
  • Hearsay_
    Hearsay_
    ✭✭
    The drawback was if you got hit while your mount is out of stamina, you are dismounted.
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    Mounts in this this game are like ornate mounts, you can go more fast if you run instead of mount, the only thing that helped this was getting Rapid Maneuver at level 10, now you are forced to play pvp if you want this skill