The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magplar pvp build

Destyran
Destyran
✭✭✭✭✭
Looking for meta sauce build.
Just came back after a while
Sets I have ran or have available
Overwhelming
Cyrodills light
Desert rose
Spinners
BTB
Just bought craft alfiq
Impregnable
Swift
Shackle breaker heavy and light
Master lightning/fire
Asylum Ice/fire
Black rose resto
Bloodspawn
Skoria
Grothdarr
Pirate
Thurvo

What’s a good build I can make out of these?
I’m feeling jabs is buggy again and I’m a vampire. Breton
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m using bloodspawn crafty alfiq lightning ice jewels and BTB body with spring loaded infusion
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nirn lightning
    Donno what trailer for ice
    Mage mundus
    Stats are 52.1k mag 23.1k health 15.1k Stam
    2057 sd
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bright throat, shackle and skoria is a pretty solid combo on magplar.

I personally run a more damage focused build with War Maiden and Innate Axiom. Does a ton of damage but suffers in survival a bit.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bars are
    Toppling.degen.mages light.vamps bane.jabs-crescent

Extended ritual.ele drain.channeled.RAT.HtD-temporal guard
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    meta is up in the air till next patch.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What’s meta next patch then?
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

We won't know until after the patch is out...:O
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

We won't know until after the patch is out...:O

And some of us have been testing builds but the challenges will be completely different when patch drops.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using different stuff at min but trying using skoria, BTB, willpower lightning staff, and steadfast hero back bar, seems ok at min
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    The more I play during prime time the more I am willing to drop sweeps and toppling.
    As ranged I'm confident to drop defense for stacking spell damage as being Altmer with infused jewelry nets already 1k SD unbuffed.
    Sets Kena, Scathing Mage, Spinners front
    Front Fire Destro: Javelin, Force Pulse, PL, Ele, Reflective, Comet
    Back BRPResto: ER, Focus, Entro, Ward, Soul Trap, Flex ult
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I play during prime time the more I am willing to drop sweeps and toppling.
    As ranged I'm confident to drop defense for stacking spell damage as being Altmer with infused jewelry nets already 1k SD unbuffed.

Yea buts it's much more fun on magplar getting thin the mix of things , on their toes rather than playing a false sorc in the back ground
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I've been doing ok with sweeps and toppling charge but they do go MIA every now and then in lag. Also will miss solar barrage as its getting nerfed, and sweeps might just be too far gone with the reverting the camera change.

I have a build that goes range and plays on those single target DOTs but I think I'm going to flip that to a magsorc and run burst and have streak. Used to playing without shields as is. Just will have to rely on efficient purge rather than ER.
    Edited by technohic on August 6, 2019 10:45AM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the healing ward and Mutegen/Rapid Regen changes, I feel alot of magplars are gonna move back to resto staff backbar. If so, then BRP resto is gonna find its way on alotta builds. Combine that with something like spinners or warmaiden or any frontbar dmg set.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    With the healing ward and Mutegen/Rapid Regen changes, I feel alot of magplars are gonna move back to resto staff backbar. If so, then BRP resto is gonna find its way on alotta builds. Combine that with something like spinners or warmaiden or any frontbar dmg set.

I already did. Definitely went spinners too. Went old school Divine Cross build coming up lol
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »

Yea buts it's much more fun on magplar getting thin the mix of things , on their toes rather than playing a false sorc in the back ground

Yes.
    Swap Kena to Slime, Destro to 2h and Jav+FP back to Sweeps+Toppling and still hitting frigging hard. 5k+ SD in combination with Spinners drops ppl besides perma blockers pretty quick. The changes to Entro and Soultrap (plus Reflective) will charge PL very fast.

However both options are good for small scale but during prime time I'd like to melt from a safe distance. And with only few small adjustments you can turn into a gankplar ;)
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Soul trap? New meta? Is this good on Xbox rn?
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    This is a setup for Scalebreaker. RN BS, Alfiq, BTB with protective jewelry.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously depends on what you're planning on doing with the Templar as always.
    If you're still on Xbox, just go for a safe build for now - Like Shackle, BTB, MS and you'll be sound.

I stay away from Cyro now so no idea how it fairs there but I'm Shackle BTB Valkyn for duels/bgs/IC and it's sound - Blitz people quickly as long as you are alright on Magplar and play aggressively.

If you're just going to duel you can run necro, shadowrend and whatever set you want, OS, Crafty, spinner etc or a backbar set with masters lightning front bar (If you want to use clench as a spammable that is)

IMO, if you're not in Cyro spare yourself the defensive sets, they're not even close to being needed.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a setup for Scalebreaker. RN BS, Alfiq, BTB with protective jewelry.

This is what I’m wearing? But I’m just using harness instead of protective? Also ice back and lightning
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

If you're still on Xbox, just go for a safe build for now - Like Shackle, BTB, MS and you'll be sound.

I stay away from Cyro now so no idea how it fairs there but I'm Shackle BTB Valkyn for duels/bgs/IC and it's sound - Blitz people quickly as long as you are alright on Magplar and play aggressively.

If you're just going to duel you can run necro, shadowrend and whatever set you want, OS, Crafty, spinner etc or a backbar set with masters lightning front bar (If you want to use clench as a spammable that is)

IMO, if you're not in Cyro spare yourself the defensive sets, they're not even close to being needed.

What weapons lightning sword and shield?
    Also what drink for BTB with shackle breaker?
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

What weapons lightning sword and shield?
    Also what drink for BTB with shackle breaker?

Both answers are up to you; I run double destro so I'm always weaving (lightning, ice) but you can run any combo that you're comfortable with.
    Food is in the air too - I'm 3 Spell Damage enchants on jewellery so tend to run WMPB in No-CP - If I go IC and drop shackle for imperial physique, I drop WMPB and run ghastly ghoul eye or whatever the max mag mag rec is.

Your main choices depending on how you've built and what you feel you need are:
    Spring Loaded (tri stat drink)
    WMPB (mag, health, mag regen)
    Ghastly Ghoul (blue max regen and mag)
    Can't remember off the top what else there is.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Search for the Phalanx build on YouTube. An older build, but using Cyrodiil's Light in a nifty way to gain free casts of Mist Form.

Pirate Skeleton and Protective jewelry was probably meta for 1vX builds, but both are being heavily nerfed next patch. I am partial to Overwhelming Surge for the NB detection. The set is also being changed, but should still be good. I was pairing it with Amber Plasm and Pirate. With the effective loss of Pirate, I may go for something like Buffer of the Swift and Skoria instead. Swift should still mitigate damage, even if you are hit with the revised 2H ult.

BTB + Alfiq is always good for magicka stacking / shielding, if you are into that.

A Breton templar is quite sustainy with Ele Drain and, in my case, vMA resto. Consider using the stamina rune morph to cover your stam sustain instead of wearing something like Amber. It will give you stamina even while blocking or sprinting.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB