The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Help a pve scrub improve his dps

Gatdangmayne
Gatdangmayne
✭✭✭✭
So i don't pve much anymore, but i have completed vet dlcs up to mazzatun/cos as a tank and most as a dps/heal magblade (RIP) but after dragon bones i kinda gave up.

Anyway, its been a long time since I've even done a dps test, but was surprised when i got 34k on a 51 mil dummy yesterday, without most bow passives, not great gear, unmorphed caltrops and a very imperfect rotation.

Getting to my point...

To keep it simple, how can i improve my dps without golding new weapons? Dw/bow sorc. Hurricane, surge, camo hunter for passive, rending/deadly cloak, flurry/whirlwind, dbreaker. Vigor, dark deal -(trap?), armaments, caltrops, hail, atro.

Using shackle bow infused dmg glyph, shackle sword nirn poison glyph, axe sharpened disease glyph.

Shackle jewelry infused dmg x3.

Heavy infused stormfist helm, infused chest+legs hundings, the rest divines.

Shadow mundus on an orc.

Not 100% on my cp, but mostly heavily specced into direct damage+melee (120 total) and same on the other side, i think its roughly 12% dot 15% crit 10% phys dmg, and the rest in pen (3kish).

I'm only trying to be good enough for 4 mans, specifically mos and scalecaller, possibly vdsa/brp once I'm more comfortable.

So, what do you guys think? Not trying to be uberelite, not trying to farm trials or really farm at all either. I can easily swap out hundings. Shackle not so much, i have that or bone pirate 2h+bow, or i could do a weird setup using my asylum 2h but i would need to gold a bow for backbar.

Halp :)
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shackle isn't much of a PvE a set, there's no need for extra magicka on your stamsorc in PvE.

Hundings is a much better set if you want something that you can craft. Then for jewelry/weapons get briarheart, you can farm briarheart daggers through a quest so it's very easy to get. Using these sets should give you a good increase in DPS compared to what you have now. Also, no need to retrait your jewelry to infused if it's not gold, you actually lose damage by doing that.

You can use Alcast guide as a baseline if you're lost: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-build-pve/
    For dungeons I personally prefer backbarring crit surge and leave bound armor on front bar only.

Rotation on stamsorc is very straightforward, you use endless hail / caltrops / poison injection / trap / rendering, spam flurry and reapply when needed, without forgetting hurricane ofc.

When you feel comfortable you can try farming either vDSA or vMA for the bow, since you will be proccing briarheart on front bar anyway. Later on you can farm Relequen on normal cloudrest to replace your hundings, and then vHRC for AY daggers/jewelry, or Sunspire for Lokkestiiz when you want to raid (dont use this set on dungeons, especially pugs)
    Edited by Nevasca on August 11, 2019 7:06PM
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey thanks for the reply! The reason i said shackle is i already have that w gold weapons and purple jewelry already infused, for my pvp builds. I know its not at all ideal, but i figured it'd be enough to get me through.

I do already have gold infused briarheart jewelry though, just no weapons, and i just started again so low on funds as well.

So for sets, would briar gold jewelry+shackle be better than hundings+shackle purple jewelry? Or possibly even purple briarheart weapons with hundings be better than gold shackle weapons with hundings?

I mean, i know its not ideal, but i figured with finishing passives and getting the rotation fine tuned, if i already had 34k i should easily be far better than any pug dps I've tanked for, especially since i didnt use trap, inject, or rending on the dummy, and my cp was still in pvp burst mode lol.

One last quick thing, im on console so i can't always get skills swapped, but if i can, for trash would it make sense to swap rending and flurry out for deadly cloak and whirlwind?

Sorry for the novel, its just most of the people im comfortable asking this stuff are mainly pvp players, and i trust my game knowledge over most peoples lol.

Thanks again!

• Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey thanks for the reply! The reason i said shackle is i already have that w gold weapons and purple jewelry already infused, for my pvp builds. I know its not at all ideal, but i figured it'd be enough to get me through.

I do already have gold infused briarheart jewelry though, just no weapons, and i just started again so low on funds as well.

So for sets, would briar gold jewelry+shackle be better than hundings+shackle purple jewelry? Or possibly even purple briarheart weapons with hundings be better than gold shackle weapons with hundings?

I mean, i know its not ideal, but i figured with finishing passives and getting the rotation fine tuned, if i already had 34k i should easily be far better than any pug dps I've tanked for, especially since i didnt use trap, inject, or rending on the dummy, and my cp was still in pvp burst mode lol.

One last quick thing, im on console so i can't always get skills swapped, but if i can, for trash would it make sense to swap rending and flurry out for deadly cloak and whirlwind?

Sorry for the novel, its just most of the people im comfortable asking this stuff are mainly pvp players, and i trust my game knowledge over most peoples lol.

Thanks again!

Gold weapons will almost always beat purple, if you really don't want to gold anything else then leave your setup as is, but your gear will be holding you back a little bit.

You should have space for both Flurry + Whirling, use Alcast build that I linked as a reference, it's similar to what I used on my stamsorc. If you want deadly cloak because you need the survival I'd take rendering slashes.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shackle isn't much of a PvE a set, there's no need for extra magicka on your stamsorc in PvE.

Hundings is a much better set if you want something that you can craft. Then for jewelry/weapons get briarheart, you can farm briarheart daggers through a quest so it's very easy to get. Using these sets should give you a good increase in DPS compared to what you have now. Also, no need to retrait your jewelry to infused if it's not gold, you actually lose damage by doing that.

You can use Alcast guide as a baseline if you're lost: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-build-pve/
    For dungeons I personally prefer backbarring crit surge and leave bound armor on front bar only.

Rotation on stamsorc is very straightforward, you use endless hail / caltrops / poison injection / trap / rendering, spam flurry and reapply when needed, without forgetting hurricane ofc.

When you feel comfortable you can try farming either vDSA or vMA for the bow, since you will be proccing briarheart on front bar anyway. Later on you can farm Relequen on normal cloudrest to replace your hundings, and then vHRC for AY daggers/jewelry, or Sunspire for Lokkestiiz when you want to raid (dont use this set on dungeons, especially pugs)

Isn't some of that rotation advice obsolete as of Update 23? I'd think Caltrops would be out and Soul Trap would be in, for starters.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't some of that rotation advice obsolete as of Update 23? I'd think Caltrops would be out and Soul Trap would be in, for starters.

Yup. Forgot the patch was so close lol. The rotation I said is purely based on live, I haven't touched PTS.