Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should they implement a faction change-token?

Coldus12
Coldus12
Soul Shriven
If they do not revert faction lock, then at least introduce a faction change token so that we can bring all our chars to the same allience to be able to pvp.
Why? Simply because the alliences/factions have no meaning outside of pvp.
For example had i known there would be a faction lock all my characters would belong to the same faction.

What do you think?

Should they implement a faction change-token? 50 votes

Yes, at least give us a faction change token!
74%
josh.lackey_ESODUTCH_REAPERrob.sfoub17_ESOtechnohicEnkilDurhamHidesFromSunakray21BergisMacBrideRin_Senyalinoge63KatahdinmagictucktuckO_LYKOSBlumenwiese599Sandman929Orjixmattiellosaamir412SilverPaws 37 votes
No
26%
belial5221_ESOKartalinXarcAsh_In_My_SujammaDutchessxHashtag_JierdanitSelfTherapyStarlight_KnightTuborgian1818SomniluxTrueblueHeatnix90 13 votes
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was a dev, I would allow a faction change token, then after about two months, remove faction lock.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. But they've already said they arent looking to do that, so we are SOL.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only needs to affect which faction you join in Cyrodil.

I think the Devs are expecting to do full campaign and story mode. When in reality anyone asking for this doesn't care about that.
  • rob.sfoub17_ESO
    I have 10 max CP characters, a Mag & Stam version of every class (except Necro), that I spread across all three factions when I created them, just for some variety. It has no real bearing on PvP besides a change of pace, playing with different people, and different scenery.

I don’t really care about the variety though, if I had known they’d faction lock I would definitely have made them all in the same campaign.

I would love to be able to move my characters to the same faction if faction lock is here to stay.

• Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. But they've already said they arent looking to do that, so we are SOL.

I still think folks should keep asking, at every public opportunity. And posting online, in multiple places.

Because I think that the change folks need is for the faction locked campaign only. No where else in the game does it really hurt you if you have multiple characters scattered across multiple factions. ZOS just needs to make one code change, that only affects the faction locked campaign, where you use the token to pick your faction for the faction locked campaign only. They could even make money in the crown store, selling you another token if you regret the choice you made with the first free token. I don't see why it is impossible for ZOS to make this change, and I think folks should keep asking.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just remove the dumb lock
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I think Zos should have offered faction change tokens when they brought back faction locks we know they will not. How do we know they will not, because they specifically said they were not interested in offering it during an ESO Live this year. So the poll is pointless as they acknowledged they were aware people have been asking for it when they said no.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    While I think Zos should have offered faction change tokens when they brought back faction locks we know they will not. How do we know they will not, because they specifically said they were not interested in offering it during an ESO Live this year. So the poll is pointless as they acknowledged they were aware people have been asking for it when they said no.

That would make sense if they only made the game for people at ZoS to play it. It's for the consumer.

And as consumers we are already suffering with poor performance issues. Had no mid year event due to it. Last thing they should be doing is forcing more hardships on us by locking out alts we invested in with no option to add them to the locked faction.

To think our money has no voice and ZoS doesn't need to abide by it is foolhardy. Mistreat enough customers and companies end up without any.
    Edited by Royalthought on August 11, 2019 5:23PM
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Stop with giving them ideas on how to rob us.... they cant take something away from us and then charge for it in the crown store lol... Crazy.

A proper Betrayal quest line in the base game would be a reasonable thing to ask for..
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, screw paying for something to be changed because they added faction locks. Literally just remove faction locks and none of this matters.
    Edited by Hashtag_ on August 11, 2019 6:07PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time per character faction change.
    Need Any Race Any Alliance to change a character to a non-native faction
    Edited by Katahdin on August 11, 2019 6:22PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    No, screw paying for something to be changed because they added faction locks. Literally just remove faction locks and none of this matters.

Erm, actually people have been asking for faction change tokens well before ZOS reinstituted faction locks.

Some of us would like to change the faction on certain characters without having to reroll the character, period, regardless of whether campaigns are locked or not.

For instance, I'm an EP loyalist in PVP, but I have an AD and a DC character I made way back before One Tamriel that I would make EP if I could.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, I don’t want to pay for something that was free and faction locks should just be removed.
    Edited by Dutchessx on August 17, 2019 1:27PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't at first. But now with the locks I'd rather have it available if I wanted it.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Just undo faction locks. I refuse to give Zenimax money to fix a dumb decision they made based on the crying of a bunch of forum babies who kept getting farmed/trolled by people who want AP/fights.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks or not, I typically pvp on one faction. I would love to get my EP mag dk, which is mostly complete as far as skill lines are concerned, over to AD.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others