Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to Catch Cheaters in PVP

• Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a player is under ground textures and able to damage you but you can't damage them.

sometimes, I see players underground, but it is just the graphics messed up for me. I've only seen it with players in my group, though. their chevron is above ground, but their health bar is sitting on the ground. It fixes itself when we port eventually.

is that what you mean by land sharking? Or is there some kind of hack that allows that? I'm pretty sure it's just a glitch in the cases I've seen.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Just because you think someone is cheating doesn't mean they are. I get accused of cheating all the time. Does not bother me in the slightest. Baddies will always look externally to factors and variables that do not confirm their pre conceived notions of fairness or performance. Potatoes will always be potatoes until they have the self awareness and self discipline to be better.

you forgot to say "L2P"

;)
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    When a player is under ground textures and able to damage you but you can't damage them.

sometimes, I see players underground, but it is just the graphics messed up for me. I've only seen it with players in my group, though. their chevron is above ground, but their health bar is sitting on the ground. It fixes itself when we port eventually.

is that what you mean by land sharking? Or is there some kind of hack that allows that? I'm pretty sure it's just a glitch in the cases I've seen.

I saw an Ep landsharking outside chal last week. I messaged him and said if you're not exploiting then just release. He claimed he couldn't until the battle was over. He was neck deep on King of the Hill, it was actually comical. But is it true? Are you unable to release? I've never been stuck in the ground.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

I saw an Ep landsharking outside chal last week. I messaged him and said if you're not exploiting then just release. He claimed he couldn't until the battle was over. He was neck deep on King of the Hill, it was actually comical. But is it true? Are you unable to release? I've never been stuck in the ground.

I've been stuck, can't get unstuck until you're out of combat. I usually just log out and it fixes it. Getting stuck isn't a problem, trying to kill everything you can while you're stuck is.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great info and all but well................ Does it matter ? Really cause as we can see ZoS clearly isn't doing anything about it and only thing ZoS actually does that involes cheaters is punish the player who submitted the evidence cause of that stupid naming and shaming rule. I get it don't call other players names but when that player is cheating and a know cheater they deserve to be branded as one so every one knows to avoid that player and should be banned.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

I've been stuck, can't get unstuck until you're out of combat. I usually just log out and it fixes it. Getting stuck isn't a problem, trying to kill everything you can while you're stuck is.

This particular player was spamming some sort of skill. Because only his head and shoulders were visible I couldn't discern what skill. I confronted him, screenshot and sent a report to zos. I guess let them sort it out.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm done worrying about this . It's time for ZOS to stand up and police their own game . We all know what happens when they keep their heads in the sand . The cheating keeps growing until players start leaving again , then ZOS wipes a bunch and brings them back later . I won't be bothered anymore . Some other games with better rules if this gets out of hand anymore . Camelot Unchained director says he will perma ban every cheater first time . I like his stance . People will only tolerate things until something better comes along .
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think CU will be something to look at. I was talking to my niece about dark souls but it sounds creepy.The cheats need to stop. The dumb dummies who made a show out of it need to pay a fine to zenimax. like say 500 usd. Then they need to lick toilet bowls clean at the nearest stadium.

God flakes that same time frame some of us ran into an ep who was stuck in a wall. He couldn't get out. We finally used oil on him to get him out(killed him). He was happy and said so. another got knocked back into a rock outside sej and we couldn't get him out at all. Someone told me to leave him alone so i did. I don't think the stuck thingy works all the time. neither one were trying to kill anyone.

I am not a good enough player to tell what is legit or not unless it is something really bizarre like flying or the five meteor fist.I can make videos but to what end? I worked really hard the last cyro campaign and now i am on a break while i catch up on some real life stuff. Im kinda fried right now. I liked the 19.5K gold and the 20 rocks. I might hop on tonite and say hi for a bit.

ya'll take care.
  • Daggerfall_Bones
    Daggerfall_Bones
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a few on the fence that I reported and don't see them anymore. Many others are still here. After the Memorial Day cheat fest if I suspect it I just stop and report it and let ZoS decide.

That said there are some great players in this game. It is unfortunate it is hard to tell the difference sometimes.
    Bones - Dunmer DK
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread and all of the report happy people make me not even want to PvP. It is an account risk to even go into Cyrodiil. I have experienced plenty of bugs over the years that some people would call exploiting. When lagging sometimes you teleport, have a bunch of lagged attacks that land instantly, teleporting through doors on mistake, invincibility because the game didn't register your death, perma speed, ect.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Camelot Unchained director says he will perma ban every cheater first time . I like his stance . People will only tolerate things until something better comes along .
    Assuming they never make mistakes with their trigger happy banhammer...
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread and all of the report happy people make me not even want to PvP. It is an account risk to even go into Cyrodiil. I have experienced plenty of bugs over the years that some people would call exploiting. When lagging sometimes you teleport, have a bunch of lagged attacks that land instantly, teleporting through doors on mistake, invincibility because the game didn't register your death, perma speed, ect.

Pretty simple to avoid. If you do something unintentional, don't try to capitalize on it and then you're not exploiting. Jumping into keeps accidentally isn't exploiting, trying to kill everything after the "accident" is exploiting.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea if you think somethings up but don't know what it is to asking the players in the area you're fighting . Just the other night , none of my stuns or roots were working on a group of players farming AP . So I asked if there was a set that makes people immune in case I am missing something . The player was nice enough to reply back that purge had been fixed and they were running it . Also Rapids gave immunity if player just kept running and did not use abilities . I did not know purge had been fixed as there more then 6 in this group and old purge would be getting stuck on same people .

So I just left the area because they were doing nothing wrong and I couldn't stop them being low cp and solo . But I was being grateful for the nice reply back and information . Someone said in the area they were cheating but they were not just using abilities and LoS .
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh geez. We didn't become report happy overnight. I never used to report. Since CEGate and the resulting information that came out (both to me personally and to the community) I am more suspicious than ever. Clean players are just tired of the nonsense.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guild was recording last night in X1 Haderus and got some good footage of a handful of EP. We'll see what comes of it.

I spent the night leveling up my alchemy, so I'm totally in the clear.
    Lol and I avoid Lagerus like the plague so that's two safe EP ;)
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty simple to avoid. If you do something unintentional, don't try to capitalize on it and then you're not exploiting. Jumping into keeps accidentally isn't exploiting, trying to kill everything after the "accident" is exploiting.

It is almost not worth the risk. A well developed ESO account contains a massive amount of time and effort.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh geez. We didn't become report happy overnight. I never used to report. Since CEGate and the resulting information that came out (both to me personally and to the community) I am more suspicious than ever. Clean players are just tired of the nonsense.

The fact that some of these miscreants were willing to run something like CE and likely continue to do so is more than enough reason to be suspicious and report happy in game.

The retort of "I was banned and I did nothing wrong" is the least believable of retorts. The sheer amount of caution displayed by ZOS over naming and shaming and detailing "actions" versus account and even and up to the reversing of perma-bans on people that really deserved them flies counter in the face of it.

I guess the thing to remember is that liars tell lies. It's really that simple.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more players who submit video of those caught in the act the more likely of action happening.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a well-known alcohol-themed streamer long jump from a resource flag into the tower to avoid a bunch of incoming enemy players today. I've fought and lost to this guy many times in the past and admired his skill, but seeing that just destroyed any respect I have for him. His skill level at pvp can't be denied, but now I wonder what other exploits/cheats he uses. Everyone wants to win at pvp, but I guess streamers have a financial incentive on top of that, which kind of taints the whole thing. This is the first time in many months that I've seen someone cheat this obviously. Guess I need to start recording my pvp so I can help ZOS police their game, since they seem to be unwilling or unable to do it themselves.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely a minority of players who abuse the code and exploit/bugs. Most of the players on are like the rest of us. They dig the game and just want to relax and play. But. The few who do are a plague. I’m not talking about a player who kills you because they are awesome and skilled. There are soooo many players out there who are way better than I. But when you unload on a player and they take almost no damage and have god like heals as well as damage then you know. Because no one is unkillable in the game. Pre 1.5 days are long gone.
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are barely any cheaters, but on the other hand there are alot of insecure sub-par PvPers which are trying to find excuses for their lack of skill.
    In my 4 years of playing I've seen maybe 3 cheaters, of which I've seen 2 again recently, so no, reporting doesnt really work.
    Also I've been "reported with video evidence" about 20 times by now from salty people after they got 1vXd, guess what, still playing the game.
    Edited by ATomiX69 on August 11, 2019 5:51PM
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time I’ve seen players underground were an exploit during IC a long time ago where you could go beneath bases and now days where you occasionally get feared through a stair case in keeps.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 year necro....

Console master race has recording built in, doesn't stop boosters, cheats, abuse in chat actually get actioned though zos are pretty lax on xbox.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Saw a well-known alcohol-themed streamer long jump from a resource flag into the tower to avoid a bunch of incoming enemy players today. I've fought and lost to this guy many times in the past and admired his skill, but seeing that just destroyed any respect I have for him. His skill level at pvp can't be denied, but now I wonder what other exploits/cheats he uses. Everyone wants to win at pvp, but I guess streamers have a financial incentive on top of that, which kind of taints the whole thing. This is the first time in many months that I've seen someone cheat this obviously. Guess I need to start recording my pvp so I can help ZOS police their game, since they seem to be unwilling or unable to do it themselves.

Sounds like they used shadow image, not cheats
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »

It was a stamplar.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psijic ultimate would do the same this
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    Psijic ultimate would do the same this

I've watched the videos and know what a long jump looks like, and have used Undo and also know what that looks like.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outer_Rim wrote: »
    Lord-Stien wrote: »
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I highly recommend shadow play.... I've gotten 14 confirmed cheaters banned by using it ..

Not to doubt you when you have exact numbers, but how do you know? ZOS is pretty clear that they don't confirm action taken (or not taken) in response to tickets.

to confirm ban... try and send some random mail to said person.... is account is banned mail will fail.

That's not how it works, that person probably has you on ignore or is offline. A zerg player reporting people they find hard to kill... ok....

Wrong. There is a way to long jump pressing two keys at once. An ep streamer kid does it every night. Submitted numerous videos and nothing has happened to him
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Outer_Rim wrote: »
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I highly recommend shadow play.... I've gotten 14 confirmed cheaters banned by using it ..

Not to doubt you when you have exact numbers, but how do you know? ZOS is pretty clear that they don't confirm action taken (or not taken) in response to tickets.

to confirm ban... try and send some random mail to said person.... is account is banned mail will fail.

That's not how it works, that person probably has you on ignore or is offline. A zerg player reporting people they find hard to kill... ok....

Wrong. There is a way to long jump pressing two keys at once. An ep streamer kid does it every night. Submitted numerous videos and nothing has happened to him

Sorry for our disbelief, but 99% of people say “he cheats” when they just got outplayed or their enemies used some mechanics, which they are unaware of

Yesterday I was reported for using speed hacks on my magnecro, cause people don’t know that steed and swift exists, since “tHeY dOnT bUfF yOuR DiPS, AlCaSt dId NoT ShOw Me ThAt BuIlD”

I constantly getting accused of using macros when play stamclasses, cause pressing 3 buttons at one “iS iMpOsSiBle”

Many of these people also record for some reason (idk why), and send those reports to ZOS, which have to dig real videos of cheating/exploiting from this garbage pit

No wonder ZoS almost never bans anyone, can’t blame them
    Edited by Neloth on August 19, 2019 1:44AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always notice a performance dip in PvP when I have that enabled. Especially if the FPS is under strain. Thats with a 1070, 16gb Ram, i7.

Also unless you caught someone flying around or rapid firing ultimates I dont think many people have ever seen cheating. "Their health isn't going down enough" won't ever fly as evidence. And there are separate rules against over reporting. Whenever people say they've caught me cheating and will report I happily say "go for it."
    Edited by Vapirko on August 19, 2019 2:20AM