Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should sell crafting bag in crown store

DusdrarlunThunder
DusdrarlunThunder
✭✭✭
If you own all of the DLC nearly the only reason to sub is for a crafting bag.

Some find that worth it, some don't.

So there's people out there (like me) who own all the dlc but don't want to sub for a crafting bag. So now the question is, how do you get more money out of us?

SELL A CRAFTING BAG ON THE CROWN STORE!

Obviously it shouldn't be an unlimited bag like the one for subs. But maybe something like 50-100 different crafting mats shared across all characters. Or maybe you have to pay per character to access it depending on the cost?

Something smaller not quite as good, but still better than nothing.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do sell the Crafting Bag.

The price is a Subscription.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna happen.

The Inventory mamagement issues that come with not having the Crafting Bag are probably a huge reason players subscribe.

ZOS isnt going to devalue one of their biggest "sellers" by selling a lesser version sans subscription.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. If would be nice. But alot of people would drop the subscription, me included and they probably know this.
  • DusdrarlunThunder
    DusdrarlunThunder
    ✭✭✭
    If the only reason to subscribe is a crafting bag... that's a really sad reason to subscribe.

I think if you own all of the DLC there should be a crown store option for a small version of a crafting bag.

You're not getting $15/mo out of me for a silly little bag lol.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Yep. If would be nice. But alot of people would drop the subscription, me included and they probably know this.
    If the only reason to subscribe is a crafting bag... that's a really sad reason to subscribe.

I think if you own all of the DLC there should be a crown store option for a small version of a crafting bag.

The bag SHOULD be for sell. But they can't. Their subscription is getting carried by it.
  • What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I think it's more like rental.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this. Besides, Zos knows the math. It is cheaper to by the DLCs offered during the year than subscribing.

So it aint gonna happen.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I subscribe for both the crafting bag and access to the DLCs. I was about to drop my sub and start buying DLCs since that is a cheaper way to go. Then Zos announced the crafting bag and I knew that would be good to have.

So in the end, both you and I made a choice. Only one of us seems to be having remorse over that choice.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the 1650 Crowns you get for each month. It is not just DLC's and the Crafting Bag.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is not the only reason...
    Crowns, % increases in gold, etc, free statues, and more.
    I have subbed since PC launch when it was required. Never stopped.
    Hate the monopolization of Crown Store and stuff, so this is how I support ESO.
    Craft Bag is just another perk of it.
    My 2 drakes... Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

um....no. It involves more than that.
    ESO+
    1650 Crowns per 30-day membership, given at time of payment
    Access to all DLC game packs available in the Crown Store for the duration of membership
    The following exclusive character progression bonuses for the duration of membership
    10% bonus to experience point gain
    10% bonus to crafting research
    10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain
    10% bonus to gold acquisition
    Access to the Craft Bag - Unlimited storage for crafting materials
    2x Bonus to allowable Furnishings and Collectibles in Homestead Player Housing
    2x Bonus to Bank Space
    2x Bonus to Transmute Crystal capacity
    Costume Dyeing at Outfit Stations

True, there aren't a lot of things for someone with maxed out characters, but even for those people there are advantages like the extra housing, and bank space. I do a lot of crafting and farm my mats as much as possible, so the crafting bag is a nice perk to subscribing to the game.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Pretty much this. Besides, Zos knows the math. It is cheaper to by the DLCs offered during the year than subscribing.

So it aint gonna happen.

Or, when there isn't anything in the crown store you're interested in buying, use the crowns you get to buy the dlc. I used the crowns to buy all the dlc, so if I ever drop the sub for any reason, I still have all the dlc. :shrug: Personal preference. I looked at it as ZOS actually paying for the dlc. They didn't have to give me crowns for subbing.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had proposed various options for a "lesser" crafting bag when they announced it as an ESO+ perk, since I had unsubbed not long before due to the issues on XB with getting monthly crowns and occasionally losing ESO+ perks even though I was subbed.

I remained unsubbed for a while after the crafting bag was introduced until Homestead launched. With the extra mats introduced and furnishings taking up valuable inventory/bank space, I knew I'd need the crafting bag, since I'm an avid crafter. So, I started subbing, even though I had already purchased all available story DLC (sans IC) for full price (before G&G pack was introduced). I actually own all story DLC outright except for CWC. But, it doesn't matter, because the crafting bag is worth it to me, as is the double bank space and double housing slots.

OP, you said you aren't going to sub for a "silly little bag." If you feel it's silly and little, then why are you even worried about having it? Oh...because it's actually not silly or little. You realize that the crafting bag, even a limited one, would be of value to you, but you don't want to actually pay monthly for it. It's a perk that you want for a lot less money.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind if they did offer a lesser crafting bag in the CS, and I've posted some of my ideas in the past (which I won't repeat here). However, I really think that the bag should have been a base game QoL improvement for all players. But, they made it an ESO+ perk and presumably many sub for that reason. So, I can't see them making it available in the CS, and even "lesser" bags probably would lose them subs.
  • DusdrarlunThunder
    DusdrarlunThunder
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I had proposed various options for a "lesser" crafting bag when they announced it as an ESO+ perk, since I had unsubbed not long before due to the issues on XB with getting monthly crowns and occasionally losing ESO+ perks even though I was subbed.

I remained unsubbed for a while after the crafting bag was introduced until Homestead launched. With the extra mats introduced and furnishings taking up valuable inventory/bank space, I knew I'd need the crafting bag, since I'm an avid crafter. So, I started subbing, even though I had already purchased all available story DLC (sans IC) for full price (before G&G pack was introduced). I actually own all story DLC outright except for CWC. But, it doesn't matter, because the crafting bag is worth it to me, as is the double bank space and double housing slots.

OP, you said you aren't going to sub for a "silly little bag." If you feel it's silly and little, then why are you even worried about having it? Oh...because it's actually not silly or little. You realize that the crafting bag, even a limited one, would be of value to you, but you don't want to actually pay monthly for it. It's a perk that you want for a lot less money.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind if they did offer a lesser crafting bag in the CS, and I've posted some of my ideas in the past (which I won't repeat here). However, I really think that the bag should have been a base game QoL improvement for all players. But, they made it an ESO+ perk and presumably many sub for that reason. So, I can't see them making it available in the CS, and even "lesser" bags probably would lose them subs.

It's silly and little enough I won't sub for it.

But they are a company, and companies like to make money.

So the question in my mind from a company perspective would be.... how do we get more money out of people we aren't getting any money out of currently?

And the answer to that question is... sell a lesser craftbag on the crown market ONLY to players who own all of the DLC.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's probably realistic to say that a lot of people DO NOT sub ESO+ if they ONLY want the Crafting Bag.
    They just do their surveys maybe twice a year during the free ESO+ trial period while the rest of us pay money like suckers.
    One week is plenty of time to get literally hundreds done especially if you have a stack of 20+ in the exact same spot.

And ZOS won't even let ESO+ people participate in the free trial.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 16, 2019 5:40AM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

It's probably realistic to say that a lot of people DO NOT sub ESO+ if they ONLY want the Crafting Bag.
    They just do their surveys maybe twice a year during the free ESO+ trial period while the rest of us pay money like suckers.
    One week is plenty of time to get literally hundreds done especially if you have a stack of 20+ in the exact same spot.

Yes, totally and completely unfair. Just like my internet company won't give me, a current subscriber, the X number of days special rate that are only for new never had an account before customers. Or the cable company won't change the prices for channel packages to match the ones for new customers..../sarcasm :sigh:

How could ZOS manage to let people currently subbed participate in the free trial for unsubbed players? Besides the fact you must have considered the cost of subbing worth it, and you currently have all the benefits of your sub, would you really trust that CS people unsubbing you so you can get the benefits of a free trial sub for a week would be able to get your current sub reinstated without any issues? Or glitches? For only a week? Not to mention docking a week's worth of the crowns you get when you sub. People would be ranting the amount of crowns was wrong, they didn't want a "time out" for their sub, WHY ZOS DID YOU SCREW ME OVER!?!?!?!?! I believe someone figured the cost of the sub for the month, if you only play an hour a day, to be $0.50. Fifty cents. If you play more than an hour a day, obviously, less. Still the cheapest hobby/pastime I've ever picked up, so if that means I'm a sucker for paying for an activity that I enjoy and have fun doing, then so be it. I'm a sucker. [and yes, I own all the dlc, and pre-order the chapters. Bought the dlc with the crowns I got from the sub, and for the chapters, I enjoy playing them a year before they turn into dlc, and even with buying them its still cheap entertainment. Works for me; ymmv.]
  • DusdrarlunThunder
    DusdrarlunThunder
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

I'm so confused by this statement LOL.

Free trials are to get new customers, not to supplement current ones. You as a customer should be happy about those free trials because the more players there are the better gaming experience you 'should' have.

But that wasn't what my original post was about. It was about for everyone out there like me who owns all the DLC yet finds it not worth the money to pay $15/mo just for a craft bag.

It's essentially income they are missing out on I would think because I'd happily pay another $50 or whatever for a 'smaller' version of a craftbag I didn't have to pay monthly to get.

I won't cry if they don't add it but would be nice if they did.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There should be a basic crafting bag as standard.

Other games, like GW2, have one.

The unlimited one should remain part of the sub and other, more exciting, items should be made available to players who choose to sub.

Either that, or they should price things locally, so players from countries with a significantly lower average wage and cost of living aren't forced out of the game, due to a complete lack of storage space.

A basic crafting bag (and/or a sub set at a locally targeted price) is not a luxury; it's a necessity.

Edited by Tigerseye on August 22, 2019 6:42AM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

The unlimited one should remain part of the sub and other, more exciting, items should be made available to players who choose to sub.

Either that, or they should price things locally, so players from countries with a significantly lower average wag and cost of living aren't forced out of the game, due to a complete lack of storage space.

Go play that game then , just because something else has something doesn't mean this has too , zos would be dumb to offer this as I think a large amount of eso plus would drop their subscription
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Either that, or they should price things locally, so players from countries with a significantly lower average wag and cost of living aren't forced out of the game, due to a complete lack of storage space.

Go play that game then , just because something else has something doesn't mean this has too , zos would be dumb to offer this as I think a large amount of eso plus would drop their subscription

Um, OK.

I'm sticking with my original answer, Wabbit.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, I'm permanently subbed to ESO+, as ZoS are already aware, I'm sure.

As long as it has other advantages, I wouldn't drop it because some other people got a small craft bag for free.

I'm starting to think certain people have other, hidden, issues with this suggestion...

Think there will be more competition for selling (currently overpriced) housing mats, or something, if this happens? ;)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By the way, I'm permanently subbed to ESO+, as ZoS are already aware, I'm sure.

As long as it has other advantages, I wouldn't drop it because some other people got a small craft bag for free.

I'm starting to think certain people have other, hidden, issues with this suggestion...

Think there will be more competition for selling (currently overpriced) housing mats, or something, if this happens? ;)

Good for you want a cookie , 3 things this game doesn't need craft bag in crown store , class change and alliance change but just about every day its asked for , and as for the small craft bag it wouldn't be long before they were asking for its limit to be increased as they have maxed that
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stop trolling and get back to your hole, Wabbit.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, you write exactly like someone I know...
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop trolling and get back to your hole, Wabbit.

Not trolling but I'm wondering if you're trying to bait me by implying that
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Go play that game then " and "Good for you want a cookie" are trolling things to say.

You can disagree without trolling, but you chose not to.

Hence, you are a troll.

Bye, Wabbit.

Probably see you in game, if you are who I'm pretty sure you are and if you are, you're a fake.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 22, 2019 1:13PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Go play that game then " and "Good for you want a cookie" are trolling things to say.

You can disagree without trolling, but you chose not to.

Hence, you are a troll.

Bye, Wabbit.

Probably see you in game, if you are who I'm pretty sure you are and if you are, you're a fake.

Nope I'm real not a bot
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Either that, or they should price things locally, so players from countries with a significantly lower average wage and cost of living aren't forced out of the game, due to a complete lack of storage space.

A basic crafting bag (and/or a sub set at a locally targeted price) is not a luxury; it's a necessity.

I know that you're saying that the craft bag is a necessity for anyone who plays ESO due to storage issues, but playing the game itself is NOT a necessity. If someone cannot afford the prices, then they should find something else to play or accept the limitations their budget has on the game. This game is a hobby, not a necessity. Now, should they take local economy into consideration when pricing? Yes, I think that would be nice, but I'm not sure it's realistic as they'd have to take into account all the varying economies around the world and then determine appropriate pricing for those various economies and keep up to date with fluctuating economies. Ideal, but not very realistic, esp. for something that's a hobby/luxury and not a necessity.
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

It's silly and little enough I won't sub for it.

But they are a company, and companies like to make money.

So the question in my mind from a company perspective would be.... how do we get more money out of people we aren't getting any money out of currently?

And the answer to that question is... sell a lesser craftbag on the crown market ONLY to players who own all of the DLC.

That's a moving target, though. Suppose you get to buy it now because you own all current DLC. But a new player a year from now can't get it until they fork over more money than you did in order to get the same thing.

Again, I've made suggestions in the past for "lesser" craft bags as CS options, even separating them by craft and taking up a bank slot, in addition to them being limited in capacity. Even functioning just as storage, so mats don't automatically go into them and can't be used for completing writs (like providing 3 cornflower - you'd have to manually take them out of the bag to turn them in). They would, however, be accessible at crafting stations. But, I suspect all that would be a coding nightmare.

And again, I think this should have been a base game (and thus FREE) QoL improvement rather than an ESO+ perk. But, it's been part of ESO+ for quite some time now, and I suspect that it garners them more subs than it would without it.
  • stephrk398
    stephrk398
    Soul Shriven
    Sub2Win?
    Arrow to the whaaaaat?...
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭

that's not buying it renting.