Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Meridian Crown motif doesn't unlock Dawnbreaker outfit

• Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Why is it 6K crowns then? Surely even the corporate suits must understand that this is a ridiculous price for a motif...

Motifs that are obtainable in game have always been substantially higher than those that are Crown Store exclusive. Welkynar is also 6k crowns. In my opinion, this is the right way to approach it because it doesn't completely devalue the in-game chapters for people who want to farm/sell.

The question for me is really why is Coldsnap 4k and Meridian 6k if they are including the same content (no Dawnbreaker) and are from the same dungeon pack? 5k is usually where dungeon content motifs sit so what's going on with these 2?

I honestly think the amount of people who fork out 4-6k for a motif in this game is extremely negligible on the impact of devaluing in game farmed motifs... It's a natural progression that the market floods, particularly with the annual event dropping them like it's hot.

I do think 6k is entirely unreasonable - besides we already had the Aurelian costume which looks almost identical. The Motifs are just pure greed the way they are priced. Rather just buy them in game for gold.
  • GaianSpirit
    GaianSpirit
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get a confirmation that the Merida Style is still dropping from the veteran Depths of Malatar or is it removed entierly from the game?
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    From Crown Store Showcase thread:

"ZOS_SarahHecker
    admin
    Due to a UI issue with the Meridian Motif, we have temporarily removed it from the Crown Store and from in-game drops. The motif will return at a later date."
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is it 6K crowns then? Surely even the corporate suits must understand that this is a ridiculous price for a motif...

Motifs that are obtainable in game have always been substantially higher than those that are Crown Store exclusive. Welkynar is also 6k crowns. In my opinion, this is the right way to approach it because it doesn't completely devalue the in-game chapters for people who want to farm/sell.

The question for me is really why is Coldsnap 4k and Meridian 6k if they are including the same content (no Dawnbreaker) and are from the same dungeon pack? 5k is usually where dungeon content motifs sit so what's going on with these 2?

I'm sorry but I don't think charging 6k crowns for a motif is the right way to approach things at all. If they didn't want to devalue these motifs they wouldn't have them on the Crown store at all but there's no point arguing about that since obviously greed sets in and they want to make money but the issue here is that they made a conscious choice to have it priced so ridiculously without even giving anything extra to justify the extra cost for the motif. It also doesn't help that it says in game that the Dawnbreaker style is part of this motif but actually this isn't the case at all. If they gave the Dawnbreaker style to those who bought this motif then maybe that would be a good gesture at least.
  • Kimberlin
    Kimberlin
    ✭✭

I'm sorry but I don't think charging 6k crowns for a motif is the right way to approach things at all. If they didn't want to devalue these motifs they wouldn't have them on the Crown store at all but there's no point arguing about that since obviously greed sets in and they want to make money but the issue here is that they made a conscious choice to have it priced so ridiculously without even giving anything extra to justify the extra cost for the motif. It also doesn't help that it says in game that the Dawnbreaker style is part of this motif but actually this isn't the case at all. If they gave the Dawnbreaker style to those who bought this motif then maybe that would be a good gesture at least.

would be best to give early adopters of the Motif from crown store the Dawnbreaker or refund 1200 crowns as thats the price of the artifact weapons in the crown store as it was an error on ZoS for misleading the people that purchased it
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious if someone submitted a ticket and did receive a refund, did they also lose the ability to use the Meridian motif style?
    Master Craftsman!
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious if someone submitted a ticket and did receive a refund, did they also lose the ability to use the Meridian motif style?

Style will be removed from collections according to the ticket response, yes. Won't be asking for a refund tho.
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »

Style will be removed from collections according to the ticket response, yes. Won't be asking for a refund tho.

I appreciate the response! I received this the motif book as a gift and was looking forward to using both Meridian and Dawnbreaker styles but if they are going to take away Meridian, I'd prefer to not ask for a refund. I believe I had already learned one or two of the Meridian parts, I wonder if those would disappear too if I were to seek a refund?
    Master Craftsman!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depths of Malatar Pledge is coming up in a couple days ... and no motif drops anymore.

Sad face. :(
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »

I appreciate the response! I received this the motif book as a gift and was looking forward to using both Meridian and Dawnbreaker styles but if they are going to take away Meridian, I'd prefer to not ask for a refund. I believe I had already learned one or two of the Meridian parts, I wonder if those would disappear too if I were to seek a refund?

I believe these should stay, but if you decide to ask for a refund anyway I would've mention that to the agent.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I mean, it used to be that the chapters would drop in content prior to the motif being released in the crown store. Then they changed it so that the release happened at the same time. And to have the chapters removed from in-game drops because the Crown store version isn't working is pretty much confirmation of greed so I can't argue with that.

I think you'd be surprised how many people buy motifs with crowns (or at least gold for crowns now that gifting is out), especially for the content that is harder to complete. Welkynar has one of the most convoluted and confusing loot tables I have ever seen, split back into fragments instead of actual chapters, etc. I can only imagine the marketing execs wringing their hands over the money they'll lose if people can only obtain the content in-game rather than being able to purchase it with crowns/gold (so long as someone bought those crowns, they don't care if you spend gold).

I absolutely agree 6k crowns is too much. There's no consistency. Most DLC dungeon motifs are 5k. I'd originally wondered if it was due to the difficulty since Cloudrest (at least nCR+3 which gives one fragment and then the amount of varying fragments from vCR) is one of the harder trials to get chapters from. But Depths of Malatar is, imo, the easier of the two Wrathstone dungeons. Hopefully the price is fixed once they fix the misleading text.

Hey ZoS, while you're at it, can you fix the misleading text on outfit slots?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Coldforge
    Coldforge
    ✭✭✭
    CS finally gave me a refund for the crown purchase, but they also removed all the styles from my account, including the ones I'd already unlocked through in game drops.

Kindly fix this @ZOS_SarahHecker ?
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've updated my ticket with one last request, but getting the Dawnbreaker according to support agent is not possible by any means at this point. Sadface.
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what are they doing with dawnbreaker why was it even added to the list ?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what are they doing with dawnbreaker why was it even added to the list ?

Including Dawnbreaker with the rest of the Meridian motif makes sense from a lore standpoint, as it is an artifact of Meridia. (The Aurorans in Depths of Malatar even use the Dawnbreaker ultimate ability.) It would presumably have driven sales of Wrathstone and sales of the motif in the Crown Store, where it was priced 2k higher than Coldsnap - possibly to account for the inclusion of the Dawnbreaker style.

As for what they're doing with it: as mentioned above (though we can only speculate at this point), Dawnbreaker seems a very likely candidate for a future Elder Scrolls Artifact outfit style release. Since the artwork exists and is already in game, if only through the preview, it would be a waste not to release it somehow. Offering it on its own as a Crown Store exclusive would mean more revenue than including it as part of a farmable motif. A future Crown Store release would also explain why support agents are not currently permitted to speak to its availability, other than to say "not available at this time." They may very well not know themselves when it will be released or, if paid, for how much.

Regardless, frustrating as it is, we won't know for sure what they've decided to do with Dawnbreaker until they announce it. All we know at this point is that they don't plan to include it as part of the Meridian motif, and they now need to fix the motif and Dawnbreaker's description to reflect that decision. Hopefully, as others have said, they reconsider the price point in light of all this as well. And hopefully we get some news about Dawnbreaker's availability sooner rather than later, although that will likely come in a future Crown Store Showcase.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suspect the price difference between Coldsnap and Meridian has to do with the fact that ZOS believe that the Meridian motif would be more desirable, and thus they could charge more for it. As mentioned previously, all artifact weapons that have been in the CS to date have been 1200 crowns, and not 2k crowns, so the 2k difference between the motifs doesn't seem likely to stem from that. And, as also mentioned previously, most dungeon motifs are 5k crowns. So, if someone were to buy both dungeon motifs for a DLC, they'd spend 10k crowns. Thus, if someone were to buy the 2 new dungeon motifs, they'd still spend 10k crowns. But, again, I suspect they believed that the Meridian motif would be the more desirable of the two, so they wanted to charge more for the one they believed they'd sell more of.

Just a theory, of course. Also, this case is different from the 1 crown Coldharbour bug in that you didn't actually get Dawnbreaker with your purchase. If the bug had been that you got Dawnbreaker when you shouldn't have, I suspect you would have gotten to keep it, since it was their error. However, the error here is that the UI text description was wrong, but you still got what was intended - the Meridian motif only. Thus, ZOS can offer a refund for the motif, but will not give the outfit style to those who thought they were going to get it with the purchase - since it was never intended. When errors have resulted in players getting something they shouldn't, ZOS have allowed them to keep it. If the error is that they didn't get something they SHOULD have gotten, then ZOS will work to fix it so that they get it. But if the error is that players bought something thinking they'd get something that wasn't intended, they can get a refund, but won't suddenly get something that was never intended.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 15, 2019 4:42PM
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    [quote="GallantGuardian;c-6267643"...Since the artwork exists and is already in game, if only through the preview...

Actually, there are more examples of Dawnbreaker model in the game.

Warning, the images below could contain Summerset main questline spoilers for some.
    Darien Gautier wields the Dawnbreaker during a certain part of the Summerset main questline, allowing for nice screenshots to be taken:
    CkZbcJW.png
    Wbrzaku.png
    Even your character gets to use it in the last boss fight of the Summerset main questline (mine is wearing a matching costume on this image):
    mvch8m4.png
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • GWINDHA1R
    GWINDHA1R
    ✭✭
    It is the same price as the Welkynar style. But the text was indeed a bit misleading. I am happy I bought it right in time ‘cause I Love it!