The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crafting and Skill resets

Silv
Silv
Hello folks. I've got a question regarding skill points and crafting, and what happens to all the crafting-grinding work when you reset your skill points.

I'd like to basically reset only my combat skills, but don't want to reset my crafting levels.

If I do a skill reset, I get that I'll probably lose the actual skill points I've put into my crafting trees. But will I lose the level / progression of the actual line? For instance, say my blacksmithing is at level 10. If I reset my skill points, does that level get reset to 1? Anywho... Thanks. :)

Best Answer

• Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    You will still have the progression just like other skills, you will just need to put points back into it to be able to craft the level items you did before.
    Phoebe Anderson
    Answer ✓
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope - you won't lost it.

When you started the game, you had 1 skill point already assigned to every crafting area giving you the 1/9 in every crafting field.

So... when you reset your skill points, you will maintain that single 1/9 skill point in every crafting profession in the game.

I don't know if the game resets the level/progress you have made in a skill when you reset for the points, BUT... even if it did, that wouldn't happen to crafting because you CAN NOT reset that 1/9 skill point you were given when you created the character.

TLDR;
    You can reset your skill points, but you can't completely remove all the skills from crafting. Which means you can't lose the progress in crafting.
    Edited by liquid_wolf on April 14, 2014 3:52PM
  • Silv
    Silv
    Shiny. Thanks.