The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any list of recipes and their value?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I am starting to have max recipes on my main crafter. I have been passing them down my characters and will likely continue to do a fair bit of that, but I am wanting to know if anyone has built a list of which ones (especially the blue and green ones) are rare drops and are worth selling? Knowing approximate prices would be great too, but I would at least like to know which ones have significant value.

I am almost to the point of dumping some greens when all 7 or 9 characters on a server know it, but I don't want to discard any that really have value.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn’t an online version of that, @FlopsyPrince ... but you can view sales prices with Master Merchant in-game.

Purple recipes are where you’ll start to get a good re-sale value (especially the CP150 recipes used in master writs).
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Provisioning recipes or furniture recipes? This is all only really relevant to PC, but you can extrapolate.
    I won't comment too much on furniture, but the only greens that I've seen selling for anything are elsweyr plans and they've dropped a lot (i.e. its just novelty). Blues are quite varied, depending on availability.
    Provisioning: Greens aren't generally worth much. The ones that can be used for writs are sellable, at prices < you can buy them from the NPC vendor.
    Blues: Blues that correspond to provisioning level 1 and level 6 are not very sellable. Level 6 blues are I think useful for practical value but there's far more supply than demand out there.
    Blues that correspond to provisioning levels 2-5 (level 20-CP10 or 50 recipes) are definitely sellable, pricing ranges from under 1k to maybe a bit over 3k?
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be for Provisioning recipes on the PS4. No way to know for certain what a fair price is. (That is an ongoing frustration for me.) I was hoping some way existed. Knowing it on the PC does not really help in general.

The green ones I am thinking of are things like Bog Iron Ale, which only drop sometimes. I don't have enough to sell yet, but it is quite possible I have others and I would stop just passing them down if I knew they were worth a bit more.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I check the TTC via discord (for a minimum value reference, since prices on PS4 are higher than PC) and I check traders at major cities.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can sort of do this at https://esosales.uesp.net/viewSales.php , just select "Recipe" from the item type list and hit search. However, you can only view about half of the listed items (1000 of 2200). You can use the Quality list to further filter recipes. You can't currently filter by recipe type.

Edit: You can indirectly filter by recipe type by searching for "Recipe:" or "Blueprint:", etc... in the text field.
    Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on August 7, 2019 12:53PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Reorx_Holybeard Thanks for sharing but that's related to PC. Prices on consoles tend to be higher, higher on EU server than NA server. That's why I check traders at major cities.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be for Provisioning recipes on the PS4. No way to know for certain what a fair price is. (That is an ongoing frustration for me.) I was hoping some way existed. Knowing it on the PC does not really help in general.

The green ones I am thinking of are things like Bog Iron Ale, which only drop sometimes. I don't have enough to sell yet, but it is quite possible I have others and I would stop just passing them down if I knew they were worth a bit more.

For crying out loud. No, your green Bog Iron Ale recipe is not really worth anything. For educational reasons, let's break it down. Intrinsic value, by which I mean how useful it is in game play : none. It boosts only health recovery, which isn't useful in most situations, and it's scaled for very low level players. It does have a use in writs for level 1 provisioning for EP characters. Availability: it can be bought at the brewer vendor by any of those EP characters, which means that anyone who needs it probably can get it much more easily than searching a guild trader. People do still try to sell them, but listing prices are low and I have no idea if theres much actual sales going on.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

For crying out loud. No, your green Bog Iron Ale recipe is not really worth anything. For educational reasons, let's break it down. Intrinsic value, by which I mean how useful it is in game play : none. It boosts only health recovery, which isn't useful in most situations, and it's scaled for very low level players. It does have a use in writs for level 1 provisioning for EP characters. Availability: it can be bought at the brewer vendor by any of those EP characters, which means that anyone who needs it probably can get it much more easily than searching a guild trader. People do still try to sell them, but listing prices are low and I have no idea if theres much actual sales going on.

Sorry that I am not as perfect as you want. I was just picking an example of something I had a hard time finding. It may not have been the best, which is why I asked.

Some green recipes are much harder to find. Not all of them, but a few. I am getting close to just deleting them/dumping them on merchants, though I do dump them in my EU guilds since they allow bank access.

Hard to get information in this game, at least in the game. I don't want a lot of outside game work when I still have so many things in the game to do!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@FlopsyPrince I'll give you my rule of thumb on pricing recipes for XB-NA, which I assume will translate fairly well to PS4.

Green 0-19 and CP100-160 = <50 gold. You might sell some at 100, but I think the default price when you list them is 27 gold. I will list the 0-20 recipes at this price, but the CP150/160 I simply sell to an NPC for 9g as it's not worth taking up a trader spot for those.

Green 20-39 = 527 gold. The default price is 27, so I just add 500. They sell pretty regularly at this price.

Green 40-CP90 = 927 gold. Again, just add 900.

Blue 10-19, CP100-160 = 100 gold.

Blue 20-24 = 500 gold. Not sure why, but I see a lot of the 20-24 recipes drop on characters with no points in provisioning so they may default into the lowest tier. Anyway, the market is subsequently flooded with these and the value is diminished.

Blue 25-CP90 = 5,000 gold. These sell all day long at this price for me.

Purple 25-CP90 = 10,000 gold. Prices on these tanked after the last anniversary event. Before that I could easily get 19,500-28k. 10k seems to be a pretty solid price to get quick sales.

Purple CP100-140 = 1,000 gold. Probably the least desirable range of purple recipes. I don't think they drop anymore from max-tier provisioning writs like they used to, but I see very little demand for this subset of recipes.

Purple CP150/160 = 30k (drinks) and 45k (foods) with the exception of Lusty Argonian Maid Mazte (2-5k).

Psijic ambrosia fragments = 3-5k, Psijic ambrosia recipe = 35-40k

I haven't seen much variation in the pricing of one recipe over the others (such as your Bog Iron Ale). I know there are some that drop far more rarely than others, but I've never put much emphasis on tracking that.

Anyway, hope that helps a little.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

@FlopsyPrince I'll give you my rule of thumb on pricing recipes for XB-NA, which I assume will translate fairly well to PS4.

Green 0-19 and CP100-160 = <50 gold. You might sell some at 100, but I think the default price when you list them is 27 gold. I will list the 0-20 recipes at this price, but the CP150/160 I simply sell to an NPC for 9g as it's not worth taking up a trader spot for those.

Green 20-39 = 527 gold. The default price is 27, so I just add 500. They sell pretty regularly at this price.

Green 40-CP90 = 927 gold. Again, just add 900.

Blue 10-19, CP100-160 = 100 gold.

Blue 20-24 = 500 gold. Not sure why, but I see a lot of the 20-24 recipes drop on characters with no points in provisioning so they may default into the lowest tier. Anyway, the market is subsequently flooded with these and the value is diminished.

Blue 25-CP90 = 5,000 gold. These sell all day long at this price for me.

Purple 25-CP90 = 10,000 gold. Prices on these tanked after the last anniversary event. Before that I could easily get 19,500-28k. 10k seems to be a pretty solid price to get quick sales.

Purple CP100-140 = 1,000 gold. Probably the least desirable range of purple recipes. I don't think they drop anymore from max-tier provisioning writs like they used to, but I see very little demand for this subset of recipes.

Purple CP150/160 = 30k (drinks) and 45k (foods) with the exception of Lusty Argonian Maid Mazte (2-5k).

Psijic ambrosia fragments = 3-5k, Psijic ambrosia recipe = 35-40k

I haven't seen much variation in the pricing of one recipe over the others (such as your Bog Iron Ale). I know there are some that drop far more rarely than others, but I've never put much emphasis on tracking that.

Anyway, hope that helps a little.

Useful details, but it seems they are not really worth dealing with. I already run out of guild vendor space, so I don't need to list anything that cheaply. I have sold 1 or 2 purples for 10K and that may be my go to price, ignoring the others once I learn them all across my characters. That could lose me a bit on the rare ones, though those are rare enough that it is not a huge deal.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Having a central AH would allow me to price and find if any of these are worthwhile with much less game interruption, but that is not to be, unfortunately. Only having 30 selling spots per guild vendor can be quite limiting as well, making the market for cheap stuff soft and making them unavailable.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, you want to get max gold, then ask for an GAH which will drive prices into the basement?

People need to get over the GAH. It will never happen in this game. Ever. Never. This has been stated definitvely by the Lead Devs.

And, also, realize that part of this game is to learn the economy, including the prices things sell for.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’re right, @Nestor.

Auction House supporters generally don’t want to spend the time to find a good deal.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 8, 2019 12:21AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Wait, you want to get max gold, then ask for an GAH which will drive prices into the basement?

People need to get over the GAH. It will never happen in this game. Ever. Never. This has been stated definitvely by the Lead Devs.

And, also, realize that part of this game is to learn the economy, including the prices things sell for.

I want to know which ones are worthwhile. Hiding them behind a "spend all your time searching vendors all over the place" is not a good alternative.

I am fine with any or all of them being worthless, I just don't want to discard one and find out it had value.
    You’re right, @Nestor.

Auction House supporters generally don’t want to spend the time to find a good deal.

Yes, I would rather quest, run dungeons, level, etc. than to run around checking out guild vendors in many remote locations just to find out if something has value or if I can find something. I didn't sign up to play "Find the Guild Vendor Online" I signed up to play "Elder Scrolls Online" and none of that requires this system. Yet I still ask for a way to do what would make the game better for me and all some have are insults. I guess that is all you have if you love the current system.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not hidden. The pricing is all there if you take the time to look. The economy of this game is a game in itself. The more you want out of it, the more you get out of it. Do you want your RAID rewards handed to you because you pop into dungeon? Probably not. You probably want the challenge as the win feels better. Same with the economy, the thrill of finding that Tier 2 Blue Rabbit Stew Recipe is eliminated with an auction house. Which, by the way is the rarest Food recipe in the game.

You have been given the information you need already in this thread, and you did not have to work all that hard for it.

Farming Recipes in this game is about the easiest way to make gold. I have made millions from Recipes.

Spend time on the economy, it is the most intricate game in this game. Getting to the top tier of a RAID takes time effort and knowledge. Mastering the economy? That takes effort and time and effort and knowledge too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hard to be sure what a fair price to buy or sell an item for is sometimes. With some items it's pretty straightforward, most prices in TTC are close and the suggested prices are roughly accurate, even on Xbox. Then there are items where a single (or a few) sellers are asking outrageous prices. I'm not sure if they are hoping someone would be dumb enough to pay 95k for Recipe: Pellitine Tomato Rice, or are hoping to push the average up, or if an item is just pretty rare, even for a green recipe, there are only 5 listings so maybe the latter. But that can make it difficult to know what you should ask in some cases.

I did see someone on PC NA asking 257k for Recipe: Dubious Camoran Throne where the suggested median is about 25k. There are 202 listings so it's not rare.

I play on the Xbox and my partner has been spending time auditing trader prices, manually no less. She's found that the asking prices on Xbox NA can vary wildly from PC NA, sometimes garnering either much higher or much lower prices. Apparently the big money is in furnishings and plans for furnishings.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    They are not hidden. The pricing is all there if you take the time to look. The economy of this game is a game in itself. The more you want out of it, the more you get out of it. Do you want your RAID rewards handed to you because you pop into dungeon? Probably not. You probably want the challenge as the win feels better. Same with the economy, the thrill of finding that Tier 2 Blue Rabbit Stew Recipe is eliminated with an auction house. Which, by the way is the rarest Food recipe in the game.

You have been given the information you need already in this thread, and you did not have to work all that hard for it.

Farming Recipes in this game is about the easiest way to make gold. I have made millions from Recipes.

Spend time on the economy, it is the most intricate game in this game. Getting to the top tier of a RAID takes time effort and knowledge. Mastering the economy? That takes effort and time and effort and knowledge too.

Sure the information is there if I want to play the "run from guild vendor to guild vendor and use the clunky PS4 guild vendor interface" game. That was not what got me to start playing ESO. And quit trivializing everything to just be "wanting your rewards handed to you". That is clearly not true though I am sure you think it sounds great to say.

I want a way to find out basic pricing information, just like you canon the PC, without having to spend my limited playing time running from vendor to vendor and doing nothing else. Get real.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do not need the add-ons or to spend hours searching guild vendors to have a sense of pricing, which is what I have been trying to convey apparently without any success at all. I will also tell you, for the rarer recipes, sometimes add-on pricing information is deceptive because there's only a few listings out there at unrealistically high/low prices.
    Do I use the add-ons? Yes, I jiggle my prices up and down a little in accord. But in general, with two exceptions, the prices I see on PC and Feric's general list of prices follow roughly the same pattern, except that the PC/NA prices I see are 2-3 times lower than Ferics list. The two exceptions are the blue level 20s, which for whatever reason follow an odd pattern on Xbox, and the Psijic Ambrosia where the price differential is more like 10 fold.
    Learn how to roughly figure out whats valuable, and then you can save time only checking vendors for the ultra rare items that you really want to price properly. Or don't learn, and just keep posting complaints and unlikely to be heard requests for an auction house. Your call.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    You do not need the add-ons or to spend hours searching guild vendors to have a sense of pricing, which is what I have been trying to convey apparently without any success at all. I will also tell you, for the rarer recipes, sometimes add-on pricing information is deceptive because there's only a few listings out there at unrealistically high/low prices.
    Do I use the add-ons? Yes, I jiggle my prices up and down a little in accord. But in general, with two exceptions, the prices I see on PC and Feric's general list of prices follow roughly the same pattern, except that the PC/NA prices I see are 2-3 times lower than Ferics list. The two exceptions are the blue level 20s, which for whatever reason follow an odd pattern on Xbox, and the Psijic Ambrosia where the price differential is more like 10 fold.
    Learn how to roughly figure out whats valuable, and then you can save time only checking vendors for the ultra rare items that you really want to price properly. Or don't learn, and just keep posting complaints and unlikely to be heard requests for an auction house. Your call.

I do not post much directly on the guild vendor system, though I don't keep it out of relevant issues.

I already had the idea that some recipes are rarer than others based on what I have read here, so just going with "just look for rarer" ones is not helpful in the slightest.

This is also why I started the thread in the first place. Pages on many topics exist, but unfortunately not this one. I was hoping I had missed one.

Also keep in mind that the current system could be improved without scrapping it entirely. Yet that doesn't happen either.
    PC
    PS4/PS5