The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vma Help UPDATE

HelixUnited
HelixUnited
✭✭✭
Okies so its my first time getting to last boss in vma but im after some help, i get him down to 68% health he goes up top, i get the first 2 crystals dead the 3rd half health ish then knocked down but i keep getting killed by the crematorial guard, any tips on this can i stop that from being there? can i drop down kill it and then will it be gone for when i get knocked down? iv had all crystals killed once and boss ported back down but again killed by the guard.
im a maplar 723cp
its took me so long to get this far that id love to get a complete on it as i was stuck on the ice round on a different toon but set up my templar as dps and got all the way to last boss, not after scores as lost all my lives on the vaults due to the mushrooms just want advice for completion.
Edited by HelixUnited on August 8, 2019 3:01PM
  • Aerithone
    Aerithone
    ✭✭✭
    if you properly hide behind the wall upstairs - you won`t be pushed down to the daedroth. It will die after you kill third crystal there.

If you got pushed down - i suggest you to just burn it on the place, as he doesn`t breath fire straight away. Or you can just run far away of it and try to kill him from afar.
    I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    ah i didnt know it died after you kill the 3rd crystal as the only time i did kill all 3 i died so quick i thought it was still the guard, thank you guess i gotta work on killing that last crystal, im getting it almost down just silly mistakes getting my knocked back down thank you
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never stand in front of the guard, circle around him, he wont hit you that way - or at least not that hard.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    iv been circling it while trying to kill it but it gets me on the last percent of its health, but im gonna try and work on getting all 3 crystals down as that seems to be the easier option since i can get 2 down and 3rd almost i just gotta stop making silly mistakes when i get to the last one and be a bit more observant
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever you are up top you have a DoT on you, the damage can really add up over time so you don't have to destroy all three crystals in one trip. You can roll off the top into the lava after the second crystal is down, you'll have to kill the Crematorial Guard (Ulti if you must) but you will be more prepared and in control. This is very important, being calm and in control.

When you go back upstairs the DoT resets, you can light attack the last crystal down to build up one more Ulti without taking much damage. When the last crystal explodes and you go back down, get the shield sigil first, it will reflect the Boss's skull attack (don't interrupt it). If you are a lower DPS build you will have to face one last Crematorial Guard and a summoner will appear, use your Ulti on them and you're home free. Keep an eye out for golden ghosts and you should get a Spectral Explosion which will seal the fate of Voriak Solkyn. Keep calm, you'll get it.

BTW the Crematorial Guard is vulnerable to lightning damage.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever you are up top you have a DoT on you, the damage can really add up over time so you don't have to destroy all three crystals in one trip. You can roll off the top into the lava after the second crystal is down, you'll have to kill the Crematorial Guard (Ulti if you must) but you will be more prepared and in control. This is very important, being calm and in control.

When you go back upstairs the DoT resets, you can light attack the last crystal down to build up one more Ulti without taking much damage. When the last crystal explodes and you go back down, get the shield sigil first, it will reflect the Boss's skull attack (don't interrupt it). If you are a lower DPS build you will have to face one last Crematorial Guard and a summoner will appear, use your Ulti on them and you're home free. Keep an eye out for golden ghosts and you should get a Spectral Explosion which will seal the fate of Voriak Solkyn. Keep calm, you'll get it.

BTW the Crematorial Guard is vulnerable to lightning damage.

awesome thank you, i was trying to not use my ult to save if for last phase but if the guard is vulnerable to lightning damage i might just try as im using a lightning staff and the ulti.
    i wasnt aware the dot you get on you could be reset by dropping down i thought it was always there while up the top and till all crystals was killed

its so much easier on normal as you dont have to be so aware of every little attack coming at you, well at least now my cp is 700+ iv noticed you dont have to as blocking is enough to prevent huge damage and its over so fast

thank you for the help will try either burning the crystals down as my dps aint bad not like 50k but about 35/38k on av but depending on how things are going i might just end up dropping down to kill the guard to reset the dot as it might be that thats causing the issue when i get knocked down
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    You got this, you will soon be Stormproof!
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ya if you cant get all 3 crystals killed, its sometimes best to control the fight and jump down yourself rather than getting knocked down into lava and CG will kill u on spot. If u have to jump down in the middle and fight the CR there, u get lava attacks on the edges. Drop ulti on him, and other aoe also (spears,wall), keep shield on yourself and just rotate around him. He's fire barely hits you then and he will die in aoe and ult itself.
    Also make sure you are not vamp stage 4.
  • eso_lytw8
    eso_lytw8
    ✭✭✭
    You've gotten some really great advice. Know that if you made it this far you can surely beat him, it took most of us many, many, many hours, days, and weeks to do it. But when you complete it, it will feel amazing. All your practicing will pay off. Your second run will probably be under three hours and as a templar would likely get you on the leaderboards just for a completion (at least for xbox).

Step 1 - burn the boss, if fast you can go up without spawning a CR guard, if not kill guard, healer then go up
    Step 2 - Burn first crystal, try learning how many skills you can apply before he throws a skull, its something like 4 light attacks + skills then dodge roll, then keep attacking, moving constantly to avoid the lava bombs. If good dps this crystal will be destroyed
    Step 3 - Look for the wall, if it is far away head to the right crystal, lay dots, attack, then wait for crystal to meet you and then follow it. If the wall is near you follow it to the crystal on your left. Lay dots...wait for boss to send out AEO and breaks wall
    Step 4 - DOTs on crystal + attack and watch boss for skull attack..dodge roll.
    Step 5 - Now is decision point....you can intentionally drop down and take on the CG, reason for this is it is controlled and it will restart the high damage dot. Or finish off 2nf crystal and then head to 3rd crystal
    Step 6 - Look for next wall and get dots on 3rd crystal, keep healing as the dot will be getting strong. Burn this crystal then drop down. If there was a CG up it will be destroyed.
    Step 7 - GET THE SHIELD SIGIL (as greenmachine points out). It is so helpful it should be your priority as you fall...just keep looking for it and run to it, don't worry about anything else. Do not interrupt boss his attacks will be reflected back to him. Put DOTS on boss and look for GOLD ghost. Grab power sigil, drop ulti ...look for 2nd ghost... keep attacking if you get all three ghosts this should happen right as CG spawns.
    Step 8 pop the synergy and burn the boss. If you have good DPS you can grab first gold ghost and just burn the boss down. But I would not try that for your first time....think if I get all 3 ghosts I should win.

One other piece of advice is consider using tri-stat food, since this phase is really helped by blocking, dodge rolling, and sprinting. The extra stam can really help. Also consider using tri-stat potions, or health+magica+crit potions.

Good luck you can do it.

LytW8

< Xbox NA PVE >
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to ult dump on the Crematorial Guards ... because I get personal pleasure out of doing it.
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Ya if you cant get all 3 crystals killed, its sometimes best to control the fight and jump down yourself rather than getting knocked down into lava and CG will kill u on spot. If u have to jump down in the middle and fight the CR there, u get lava attacks on the edges. Drop ulti on him, and other aoe also (spears,wall), keep shield on yourself and just rotate around him. He's fire barely hits you then and he will die in aoe and ult itself.
    Also make sure you are not vamp stage 4.

luckly i took vamp of that toon as i didnt like how it looked on her, i know im losing regen but iv been able to manage without it and iv still over 1k magic regen
    eso_lytw8 wrote: »
    You've gotten some really great advice. Know that if you made it this far you can surely beat him, it took most of us many, many, many hours, days, and weeks to do it. But when you complete it, it will feel amazing. All your practicing will pay off. Your second run will probably be under three hours and as a templar would likely get you on the leaderboards just for a completion (at least for xbox).

Step 1 - burn the boss, if fast you can go up without spawning a CR guard, if not kill guard, healer then go up
    Step 2 - Burn first crystal, try learning how many skills you can apply before he throws a skull, its something like 4 light attacks + skills then dodge roll, then keep attacking, moving constantly to avoid the lava bombs. If good dps this crystal will be destroyed
    Step 3 - Look for the wall, if it is far away head to the right crystal, lay dots, attack, then wait for crystal to meet you and then follow it. If the wall is near you follow it to the crystal on your left. Lay dots...wait for boss to send out AEO and breaks wall
    Step 4 - DOTs on crystal + attack and watch boss for skull attack..dodge roll.
    Step 5 - Now is decision point....you can intentionally drop down and take on the CG, reason for this is it is controlled and it will restart the high damage dot. Or finish off 2nf crystal and then head to 3rd crystal
    Step 6 - Look for next wall and get dots on 3rd crystal, keep healing as the dot will be getting strong. Burn this crystal then drop down. If there was a CG up it will be destroyed.
    Step 7 - GET THE SHIELD SIGIL (as greenmachine points out). It is so helpful it should be your priority as you fall...just keep looking for it and run to it, don't worry about anything else. Do not interrupt boss his attacks will be reflected back to him. Put DOTS on boss and look for GOLD ghost. Grab power sigil, drop ulti ...look for 2nd ghost... keep attacking if you get all three ghosts this should happen right as CG spawns.
    Step 8 pop the synergy and burn the boss. If you have good DPS you can grab first gold ghost and just burn the boss down. But I would not try that for your first time....think if I get all 3 ghosts I should win.

One other piece of advice is consider using tri-stat food, since this phase is really helped by blocking, dodge rolling, and sprinting. The extra stam can really help. Also consider using tri-stat potions, or health+magica+crit potions.

Good luck you can do it.

LytW8

thank you for the advice there, i did swap to tri stat food as i noticed i didnt have enough stamina so added it as soon as i got to last boss phase, will be trying to complete it on sunday (everyones home from work today and tomorrow and dont want to be distracted)
    il definitely post on here when i get it done lol
    but thank you all some great advice
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually just take the easy, safer method. XD Burn 2 crystals, jump down into middle, kill guard. If you feel like you can't burn him down fast enough, put all of your dots on him and stay shielded. Run tight circles around him. Like, literally run, and let your dots do their job. Spam sweeps if you need to heal through the damage and stay shielded. Go back up, and burn the crystal to like 5%. Reapply your dots and jump down again. This avoids the knock back into the lava. He immediately starts his channeled skull attack.

You can either pop the shield power up when you land to negate it, or bash/crushing shock him. Dps him, start building your ulti, and grab those gold ghosts. When you grab the third ghost, shield up and pop the stun synergy. Nuke his face off.

Grab all of the power ups if you feel you need to. Haste powerup is nice for speed and resource recovery, if you're running tri stat. It gets easier after the first clear as well.
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    @HelixUnited - Don't forget to give us an update!
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:

HAIL DAEDRA
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    almost done it then got dc,ed but im getting there thanks to all the help :)
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    I said I would update...
    I left vma alone for a while as I knew the event was coming BUT I did iot I completed my first ever vma run I also got the bow that I was wanting and a dagger and axe drop woop but nope not coming back EVER lol
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iv been circling it while trying to kill it but it gets me on the last percent of its health, but im gonna try and work on getting all 3 crystals down as that seems to be the easier option since i can get 2 down and 3rd almost i just gotta stop making silly mistakes when i get to the last one and be a bit more observant

Just circle and don't worry about killing him. Kill him when he stops breathing fire.