The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can you at least pause our ESO+ during free trial?

Loves_guars
Loves_guars
✭✭✭✭✭
First, I think is great you do eso+ free event for people that can't afford it. But I'm one of those or almost. 15$ here is a lot and I subscribed from time to time. And that's what I did yesterday. This is the second or third time it happens to me, I subscribe, boom, ESO+ free trial.
It's ok if you don't want to give us crates anymore, but pleeease can you pause the subscription so we don't feel like idiots for giving you money?
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1500 crowns, and 3 additional weeks of the membership.u lost maybe 3$
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why?
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

As I said, another country, a dollar here is a lot. I totally understand if its nothing for first worlders though, I wouldn't care either.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this?

Idiot Hour?
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And that's what I did yesterday. This is the second or third time it happens to me, I subscribe, boom, ESO+ free trial.

Next time you're thinking about subscribing ask here first.
    The free trials can be predicted pretty accurately and the current one comes as no surprise to anyone who paid even a little attention in the past.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First, I think is great you do eso+ free event for people that can't afford it. But I'm one of those or almost. 15$ here is a lot and I subscribed from time to time. And that's what I did yesterday. This is the second or third time it happens to me, I subscribe, boom, ESO+ free trial.
    It's ok if you don't want to give us crates anymore, but pleeease can you pause the subscription so we don't feel like idiots for giving you money?

Do you want to put those 1500 crowns on pause as well? Its just not realistic.
    How do you compensate someone who pays for a year up front?

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    can you pause the subscription so we don't feel like idiots for giving you money?
    Um... that ship has sailed bruh
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    No it's only purpose is to serve as bait for those who dont have it to help convince them to buy it.
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    And that's what I did yesterday. This is the second or third time it happens to me, I subscribe, boom, ESO+ free trial.

The free trials can be predicted pretty accurately and the current one comes as no surprise to anyone who paid even a little attention in the past.

Can i get to orsinium for the vent with my free trial?
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a reasonable request by any metric. You got what you paid for, what someone else receives promotionally does not affect the availability of the product you paid for. If money is an issue then your priority should be addressing that, not playing a video game.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Can i get to orsinium for the vent with my free trial?

Yes.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there official post about free trial?
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kmcaj wrote: »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56747
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    This is not a reasonable request by any metric. You got what you paid for, what someone else receives promotionally does not affect the availability of the product you paid for. If money is an issue then your priority should be addressing that, not playing a video game.

Does when servers crash due to over population that comes with it.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kmcaj wrote: »

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56747

Thanks for the link.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having ESO + already has bonus beside being ESO +. Every month the daily rewards have ESO + rewards only and there are sales on the crown store for having it. You're not missing out when ZOS has a free trial.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can appreciate your frustration at the timing if you only sub once in a while, but it really isn’t a reasonable request. No other service operates that way. If the timing of these events is predictable, perhaps you could time your subscription periods around that in the future as has been suggested. And you do get three weeks more of ESO+ for your payment as well as the crowns, which would cost nearly the same as the month’s sub if purchased separately. :)

[Edit to remove quoted content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 9, 2019 6:44PM
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get your frustration, but unfortunately if they did that then it would open up a whole different set of issues, specifically Crowns. So if I bought Crowns at full price, and then they went on sale the next day, should I get refunded the difference? Of course not. The same goes here. You made the purchase on that specific day, regardless of what might happen in the future.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with what people are saying. I don't think OP is salty that people are getting what he bought for free, I think he is just feeling a bit tricked since had he bought the subscription after enjoying the free trial he would have had 5 weeks instead of 4. Any reasonable person can understand how this and be a little but upsetting no? Especially if money doesn't come easy.

Regardless, I believe giving out crates was a great solution to this, a week of ESO+ has more valuable than 3 crates or whatever but it's good to at least get something out of it (plus it serves as promotion for us to buy more crates just like it does for others to buy ESO+). I wasn't aware they didn't do this anymore and, as a regular ESO+ subscriber, it does make me very slightly upset but it's nothing to be outraged about, crates are nice to get for free, period.
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Over 15 in crowns alone for 15 bucks. Ppl need to stop with the entitled attitude about the free eso+ we lose nothing from it. We get 1.6k crowns (over 15 bucks) and all the perks for 4 weeks. The free ppl dont get the crowns or the discounts, and its usually only 2 days.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »

Over 15 in crowns alone for 15 bucks. Ppl need to stop with the entitled attitude about the free eso+ we lose nothing from it. We get 1.6k crowns (over 15 bucks) and all the perks for 4 weeks. The free ppl dont get the crowns or the discounts, and its usually only 2 days.

Right. It's usually a free weekend for people to explore different zones or DLC dungeons (avoid PUG'ing them this weekend lol) with hopes from ZoS that you'll either buy the content or fully subscribe to ESO+.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you bought it yesterday you can request a refund. No guarantees but it’s only been 1 day.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think ESO+ free trials are a nice favour for people who can't afford it you're kidding yourself. People who can't afford it or are stubborn enough to not buy it are not the target audience here.

How many times have you seen someone on this forum say some variant of "I tried cancelling my subscription but without the crat bag/double bank space the game is unplayable"? Those are the target audience - or rather the people who could be in that situation if they get a little taste of playing with the ESO+ benefits and then realise they really miss not having it later on.

I almost never subscribe and I do think it would be nice if they gave subscribers something during the trials (not necessarily crown crates, which incidentally were also aimed at getting people to buy them) but something, maybe another free item like the statues. But to suggest ZOS are doing any of this to be nice is entirely the wrong approach.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, obviously. That’s why any company gives out free samples of anything.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know someone bought DLC's and chapters at discounted rate at some point. I should get discounted too because I didn't get the discount back then when they did because I purchased at a different time....
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

As I said, another country, a dollar here is a lot. I totally understand if its nothing for first worlders though, I wouldn't care either.

If a dollar is alot for you you might wanna reconsider paying 15$ a month for video games.
    You should only spend money on unnessecary stuff if you can afford it without any second thoughts.
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so we don't feel like idiots for giving you money?

Speak for yourself, i don't feel like an idiot because the other players have a few days of ESO+

What happens to these people? it must be something in the air, or lack of love when they were children.
    Edited by Chicharron on August 8, 2019 11:13PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And for this reason there's very little reason to subscribe at all IF people only want the crafting bag. It just makes everyone who subbed for the crafting bag look like fools.
    Thanks ZOS. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 9, 2019 7:14AM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    If you bought it yesterday you can request a refund. No guarantees but it’s only been 1 day.

This.

If I was in OP's place that'd be my first course of action. Wouldn't hurt to try.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    They also replaced it with discounts on some crown store items and the free mini statues for ESO+. I know those may not excite some people but it's still a discount.

I highly suspect the free crates were not having the desired effect of incentivizing purchases of more crates and instead they sold less crates because people stockpiled gems.

It's the same problem as Event Tickets. Many people just don't care about anything in the event store -- indriks, style pages, furnishings... none of these might appeal. Or just one.

With ESO+, a lot of people don't care about crown store discounts or free furnishings they never use or access to DLCs they have already bought or unlocked. They just want the crafting bag and they are overpaying for other features when that's all they want.

A better way to do ESO+ trial is to give new accounts a 1-time 7-day pass.
    And reformat ESO+ such that there is a separate subscription product for the Crafting Bag. Otherwise people who just want the Crafting Bag are just going to survive from one free trial to the next because over time all the other features will be essentially meaningless.
    For people who like the crown discounts, DLC access, etcetera, that can be the "deluxe ESO+".

As for crown crates for subs, which used to be a thing -- really poor marketing on ZOS's part. Not only did they take it away, but now subs and non-subs can get their chance of a jackpot of up to 10 crates for turning on their twitch stream in the background with audio off while they do something else.
    This is what's called "a slap in the face". Thanks ZOS.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 9, 2019 7:30AM