The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Can this StamBlade build do vMA?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
em7FGtL.png

Hundings, Leviathan, Sellistrix
Weapon Power pot active.

Blood Craze, Killers Blade, Surprise Attack, Relentless Focus, Rearming Trap : Incap
Caltrops, Hail, Venom Arrow, Leeching Strikes, Vigor : Ballista

I've managed Stormproof on a StamSorc, and with the event i got too hopeful. Took my PvE main in and tried. Chaos. Had to abuse the healing and shield sigils, then continuous wiped on the Frozen Rink final. Is it possible? Or do i have to make drastic changes. If i do then i just won't bother again. No time or resources to do a build change just for an arena run.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing vMA without Vicious Ophidian is just torture, don't do that to yourself. Sellistrix is also unoptimal as a damage set.

Try Night Mother's Gaze + VO + Velidreth
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try Vicious Ophidian instead of Leviathan it helps a lot.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Try Vicious Ophidian instead of Leviathan it helps a lot.

I do actually have a VO set, i just need a ring. Swear i had two though but could only find one.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can 100 percent do it with what you have. vMA is 99 percent knowing what you are doing.

edit: it really will just take practice until you know where the spawns are and your week points to grab sigil before you need it and such. but your build is MORE than capable. you can do it with no CPS and blue gear sets no one has ever heard of.. once you memorized it enough
    Edited by magictucktuck on August 8, 2019 7:17PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doing vMA without Vicious Ophidian is just torture, don't do that to yourself. Sellistrix is also unoptimal as a damage set.

Try Night Mother's Gaze + VO + Velidreth

Totally agree. I also like running the "old meta" of VO + TFS, or even VO + Hundlings.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can 100 percent do it with what you have. vMA is 99 percent knowing what you are doing.

edit: it really will just take practice until you know where the spawns are and your week points to grab sigil before you need it and such. but your build is MORE than capable. you can do it with no CPS and blue gear sets no one has ever heard of.. once you memorized it enough

This

VMA is more about target priority, surviving, awareness and learning the spawns than it is about DPS in most stages. It takes patience and perseverance for most of us. Only those with really high DPS can bull their way through it.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • jlb1705
    jlb1705
    ✭✭✭
    I got my first ever clear on my stamblade a couple months ago. It was much harder for me to stay alive compared to running it on my magplar after that.

For gear my vote is NMG - VO - Iceheart. The shield from Iceheart is nice and with your high crit chance it will proc all the time. If you don't need the shield, go Slimecraw. With Major Fracture no longer granted on Surprise Attack and Minor Berserk no longer granted on Relentless Focus, getting those buffs from gear can make a huge difference. For me, Velidreth is too unreliable because you're always moving and the spores won't necessarily hit the targets you need it to.

My front bar had Dark Cloak in place of Relentless Focus and Power Extraction in place of Surprise Attack. Using PE as my spammable gave me cheap Major Brutality and freed me up to run the Crown Tri-Pots from daily rewards for extra survivability. Dark Cloak then gave me more healing on top of that and gave me back the Shadow passives that I lost by getting rid of Surprise Attack. Playing the bow proc minigame that comes with Relentless Focus just doesn't make sense to me if you're not able to sleepwalk through the arena. My life became easier when I wasn't trying to concentrate on mechanics and keep track of when RF would be ready to fire at the same time.