The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

transferring addons from one computer to another

Llidoryc
Llidoryc
✭✭✭
so i play eso on two separate computers. on my desktop (preferred, better control, better graphics , etc), and on my wife's laptop (not preferred, less control, minimal graphics). my desktop has all of the addons i like in the configuration i like. if i copied the Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns folder and transferred to the laptop via thumb drive, would A: the addons work properly and B: the configuration settings apply properly to the laptop?
Edited by Llidoryc on July 30, 2019 5:50PM

Best Answer

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also need to copy the contents of the "SavedVariables" folder since that's where the AddOns (and the game itself) save their data.
    smile.gif

Answer ✓
  • Llidoryc
    Llidoryc
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    You also need to copy the contents of the "SavedVariables" folder since that's where the AddOns (and the game itself) save their data.
    smile.gif
    so im guessing that i would need to do the same thing if did a clean install on my system?
    Edited by Llidoryc on July 30, 2019 5:54PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Llidoryc wrote: »
    so im guessing that i would need to do the same thing if did a clean install on my system?

Yes, if you wanted to keep your AddOns and do a clean install, you would need to backup the AddOns folder as well as the SavedVariables folder.

Also might be a good idea to not overwrite any files that are already in the SavedVariables folder on the target computer since the game itself has a few files in there as well.
    type.gif

• jsarthur_ESO
    jsarthur_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What I have done in the past, I used One Drive for this.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Can I transfer copy/paste my addons & saved variables from a pc to a Mac?
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can, they should work just fine.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a new PC several months ago, and transferring my ESO addons was easy: I just had to copy the 'Addons' and 'SavedVariables' directories between the PCs.
    Edited by vsrs_au on November 4, 2022 1:56AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390