The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master Writs Need to be Easier to Track

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    I don't know if there's an API for the ESO console account to allow such access, although they usually come with security concerns. Destiny had some 3rd party apps that allowed access to your account and character info, like managing armor, weapons, and moving items to and from the vault. It was a gamble since you were allowing a 3rd party app access to your account, including item deletion.

Still, I don't find it difficult using the ESO app and ESO Writ Master app; in the time it takes me to open/learn a motif, I can mark it off in the ESO app UI. I then have a list of all the known/unknown motifs. The only other step is pushing the motif list to the Writ Master app. It's not perfect as the Writ Master tracking app only works with a single crafter.

Sure, I'd like ZOS to make certain add-on like features available on consoles too but, until they do, I'd rather use an app vs. making more mistakes when opening a MW for something I don't know how to craft. Which reminds me, I need to find and buy the the Pyandonean Boot motif before I can do that lucrative 9 voucher MW.

Any feature that requires a widely used addon on the PC should be part of the game. Any company that wants to release a console game has an obligation to make that game as playable as possible. They may not, but the obligation remains.

They added the map functionality so we can find out "what's next" and see skyshards, etc. on the map screen. They can add other features too.

Using the external apps is time consuming with multiple characters since all the data must be kept in sync manually. Entering it one time is not enough, things diverge over time as you change the game state of a given character.

Remove the risk of deleting items by just allowing the current state to be read and at least we would have a possible workaround to this.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    I don't know if there's an API for the ESO console account to allow such access, although they usually come with security concerns. Destiny had some 3rd party apps that allowed access to your account and character info, like managing armor, weapons, and moving items to and from the vault. It was a gamble since you were allowing a 3rd party app access to your account, including item deletion.

Still, I don't find it difficult using the ESO app and ESO Writ Master app; in the time it takes me to open/learn a motif, I can mark it off in the ESO app UI. I then have a list of all the known/unknown motifs. The only other step is pushing the motif list to the Writ Master app. It's not perfect as the Writ Master tracking app only works with a single crafter.

Sure, I'd like ZOS to make certain add-on like features available on consoles too but, until they do, I'd rather use an app vs. making more mistakes when opening a MW for something I don't know how to craft. Which reminds me, I need to find and buy the the Pyandonean Boot motif before I can do that lucrative 9 voucher MW.

Any feature that requires a widely used addon on the PC should be part of the game. Any company that wants to release a console game has an obligation to make that game as playable as possible. They may not, but the obligation remains.

They added the map functionality so we can find out "what's next" and see skyshards, etc. on the map screen. They can add other features too.

Using the external apps is time consuming with multiple characters since all the data must be kept in sync manually. Entering it one time is not enough, things diverge over time as you change the game state of a given character.

Remove the risk of deleting items by just allowing the current state to be read and at least we would have a possible workaround to this.

Well, I'm not arguing with you but ZOS is under no obligations, they make the game the way they want. I really hope they add some ability to know if a player can complete a MW before accepting the contract, I really do, it would be nice. But they are under no obligation to provide that functionality, it doesn't exist on the PC, they just have add-ons to assist such things. If ZOS adds that warning to the PC, console will get it. I doubt ZOS will ever allow add-ons, but you can wish for that as well.

As to the external apps being time consuming, I don't find that to be the case, and I find accepting a MW contract I can't fulfill to be more time consuming. I've suggested the external apps because they are easy to use, not time consuming and they do a lot more than just keep track of your motifs and known crafting traits. The main app helps me keep track of research, motifs, lorebooks, skyshards, fishing and fishing locations, collectibles (relics, tablets, etc.), dolmen completed, delves & public dungeons, notable locations, horse training and recipes. It also contains maps for each zone with survey and treasure map locations, it has an alchemy lab and leveling guide, dropped sets locations, skill lists, and a way to enter character builds.

It's your choice to waste your time by opening MWs and accepting them without being sure what you can make. I don't make those mistakes any more and as an added bonus the app lets me make all my MWs at once without opening them first, then I can open them in front of Rolis. You can only open and accept one type of MW at a time, the app gets around that. Example: I have 3 blacksmithing master writs, once I enter them in the app, I can go to each station and make them according to the writ information. I can accept them in front of Rolis, one at a time, rather than opening one, make it, turn it in, open the 2nd, go make it, return to Rolis, open the 3rd, go make it, return to Rolis.

It also helps that I'm in a Guild with every crafting station, it's about being as efficient as possible. The app will still be more efficient even if ZOS adds the ability to get a warning that you are about to accept a MW you can't craft. But it's your choice.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know it is my choice to do Maser Writs, but I just got really frustrated trying to clear out a bunch this weekend when I made mistakes after many efforts to avoid doing that. A few in-game helps would make those much easier to track and do correctly.

I also realize they may not roll things like Lazy Crafter into the game, but I still will argue they should, even if it never happens. An addon wouldn't be so popular if it wasn't really needed in the game itself.

They made 2 console versons (XBOX, PS4) so they should support both well.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We've closed this thread given its age and that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.