Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stuck in Glenumbra

remaustin
remaustin
✭✭
First, my apologies if this has been answered or it's in the wrong place. I did search before posting. I have two questions.
1. I'm level 11 playing PvE and I seem to be "stuck" in Glenumbra. Are there specific quests I need to complete in order to move to another zone? This brings me to my next question.
2. I may have messed up. I abandoned the Camlorn/Faolchu quest at the point where I was supposed to kill the werewolf and I fear this may have been a mistake. Is there a way to restart that quest? Is it worthwhile to just create a new character and start over?

Thanks.
  • pied_penguin
    pied_penguin
    Soul Shriven
    If you're stuck in the town itself, you need to talk to the boatswain at the docks, and they will transport you to the next locale no matter the starting city.

Speaking to quest givers again should restart the quest line for you if you have abandoned one.
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, docks, or go back to the original quest giver to start the quest again, or walk around and explore, there are plenty of NPCs to give you quests to move you on. Why did you abandon it? If anything is too tricky at the level you are on, better just leave it in the journal to return to a bit later
  • madtragg
    madtragg
    Soul Shriven
    The quest should be right outside camlorn. You dont have to go through the complete chain again. Just look for the npc quest marker. Also, when you go kill the werewolf, when he is stunned with the fire, make sure to smack him with your weapon. Took me awhile to figure that out. It's a pain and i died a lot but it can be done.
    Edited by madtragg on April 14, 2014 1:09PM
  • remaustin
    remaustin
    ✭✭
    Yes, I've learned my lesson about abandoning quests.. I'll try to restart that one. When I talk to the Boatswain he just offers to take me back to Betnikh or Stros M' Kai and I think I've completed all those quests.
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Boatswain won't help you; the first two posts are from people in other starting areas who thought Glenumbra was the starter island area.

You can restart that quest, and there are many, many more quests for you to do in the Glenumbra area. At some point just setting off into unmarked areas on your map is just as good as anything. You'll be 18+ before you're done in Glenumbra.
  • remaustin
    remaustin
    ✭✭
    Thanks, Darrett. That's helpful.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Look at the map and explore, if the little pictures are black then there is a quest linked there somewhere that you missed and if it is white then you completed all the quests in that area. If you think you are sufficiently levelled just move on to the next area also, sometimes you won't be able to finish everything on the map straight away anyway.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild