The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

unable to fish

Hbajir
Hbajir
Soul Shriven
after the elsweyr download all my addons were screwed. I had to re-download a bunch of them to make any work. Did so. Seemed to be working then I realized that I could no longer fish. I know how to fish. Now when I push E on a fishing spot, it just says, you have no bait. BUT, I have a ton of bait in my magic bag. The mechanic in the game for "fishing" must be different than all the other "E's" because they work (resources, nodes, etc.) only fishing. So what do you think went wrong? zos won't help (do they help anybody?)
  • Laz
    Laz
    ✭✭✭
    They won't help you because one of your addons is the problem. Just start disabling (or enabling) one at a time until you figure out which one is the culprit. Which ever one that is, delete it and move on. Enable the rest. If it keeps up even after that, well then you have probably another addon causing the issue.

Also make sure you HOLD E to select your bait.
    Edited by Laz on May 31, 2019 10:57PM
    Been around watchin'. Time to start talkin'. - Twitch: twitch.tv/lazisonline
    Prior host of TESO Elite game-play twitch streams
  • Shaie
    Shaie
    ✭✭✭
    Are you holding E? You have to hold E until the fishing options ring appears, then choose the one that matches your location (river = insect parts, foul water = guts, etc.). Same for when you want to choose a potion to live in your "Q" button.

It's also quite normal to have to redownload updated versions of your addons when new content drops. If there are no updated versions, you can choose to activate outdated addons in your settings after you launch the game. Esc > Addons > check "Load Outdated Addons" box.
  • shalalaA7X
    shalalaA7X
    ✭✭✭
    I had this same issue on Xbox NA just now.