Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gifting of houses - Zos Please? When? Or why not?

StabbityDoom
StabbityDoom
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Please tell me this is ever going to be a thing. I cannot imagine why ZOS would not include it given how it could make you folks such bank. I have lots of gold, and could buy and would buy every available crown home this way, and crown sellers would be happy to do it for me. More people would have these homes you all worked so hard on.

Can't imagine that making more money with this couldn't happen sooner rather than "maybe someday" - boom, you change it, all the moneys.

PC/NA
EHT zealot
streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the PTS, we could gift houses, but there was a problem where you couldnt gift houses you owned. That's obviously a problem, so unless ZOS has figured out how to fix that, its probably still the reason we can't gift houses.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    During the PTS, we could gift houses, but there was a problem where you couldnt gift houses you owned. That's obviously a problem, so unless ZOS has figured out how to fix that, its probably still the reason we can't gift houses.

But you would think something like that would be a priority given that they are turning away essentially $100 a house right now.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Surely, whether ZoS make any money out of it depends on whether the person selling the Crowns bought them, or just saved them up from 5 years of ESO+?

Honestly, I think they should implement an exchange system, like GW2 has.

Then they could just skim off a small (small being the operative word, here) percentage off every exchange.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But you would think something like that would be a priority given that they are turning away essentially $100 a house right now.

You would think, but ZOS has funny priorities when it comes to bug fixes.

We don't know exactly what the problem is or why it effects Houses in particular and not other items, or how many work hours it would take to fix it, so it's hard for us to judge on our end whether or not its actually worth the time, money, and effort for ZOS to fix it vs the hypothetical profit we think they can make.

I've long been interested in just how many of those big houses ZOS sells in the first place. The market for them might be substantial or it might be small and limited.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Surely, whether ZoS make any money out of it depends on whether the person selling the Crowns bought them, or just saved them up from 5 years of ESO+?

Honestly, I think they should implement an exchange system, like GW2 has.

Then they could just skim off a small (small being the operative word, here) percentage off every exchange.

Honestly I figured they'd do it like we do it now with regular crown items, you gift it at purchase.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hoarding gold planning for when homes can be gifted. I'm thinking homes will become available as gifts the day after I say to hell with it and spend the gold on something else.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would solve the limited time issue, the IRL money issue, and gripes about pay to play.

In other words, I agree!

Maybe a Dev will get back to is of enough people do.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.