Maintenance for the week of December 2:
• [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – December 4,  4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – December 4,  4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – December 4,  4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

Meridian Crown motif doesn't unlock Dawnbreaker outfit

TiaFrye
TiaFrye
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I need to know before I'll buy it. Dawnbreaker artifact as outfit in Collections according to it's description must be a part of said motif. Description is identical to the regular parts of the motif.
If you will be buying it regardless, please let me know does crown book unlocked this collectible for you or not.

UPD: Not included, with a price 2k higher that the other motif. Why is that?

UPD2: According to customer support it is a bug and it's being investigated.
Edited by TiaFrye on August 8, 2019 4:56AM
  • Mothershed52
    Mothershed52
    ✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    Description is identical to the regular parts of the motif.

I noticed the same thing the other day going through the swords styles.

Edited by Mothershed52 on August 7, 2019 1:41PM
    PSN Mothershed-52 NA PS4
    Officer of New Scrolls Order
    Main: DC Imperial Stamplar
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is not included, no.
  • Kimberlin
    Kimberlin
    ✭✭
    it does not, which it was implied to have. 2k crowns more than Cold Snap its most certainly should have the extra page considering they are the same dlc pack so I have submitted a ticket as its very misleading.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kimberlin wrote: »
    it does not, which it was implied to have. 2k crowns more than Cold Snap its most certainly should have the extra page considering they are the same dlc pack so I have submitted a ticket as its very misleading.

Agree, very misleading. Considering the price even more misleading, usually 2k crowns is a price for TES artifact outfit.
    Well, I needed motif anyway, but it's quite sad to hear.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of it having Dawnbreaker or not, why is it 2k crowns more than Coldsnap?

Especially coming from a easy dungeon, doesn't make much sense. Though crown prices usually dont.

It would've make sense with artifact included since 2k crown is the usual price and artifact in collections is tied to crafting motif according to description. But it obv don't.
    Yes, it looks better than Coldsnap for some, yes, but without artifact the price isn't fair at all. That's I can agree with.
  • Kimberlin
    Kimberlin
    ✭✭
    as of 1:45pm Central time there has been no mention of Meridian being available on any social media outlet so I think they are aware of an issue with the Dawnbreaker
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kimberlin wrote: »
    as of 1:45pm Central time there has been no mention of Meridian being available on any social media outlet so I think they are aware of an issue with the Dawnbreaker

I really hope so. My friend gave it to me as a present to cheer me up after all that and if corrections will be made I hope it will affect presented books as well.
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom apologies but an answer to the missing Dawnbreaker page from this motif book (whilst paying 2k more extra crowns) is needed please
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it? This is some kinda of new joke? so if you want to have dawnbreaker, you need to buy entire motif???
    Restart your router ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it? This is some kinda of new joke? so if you want to have dawnbreaker, you need to buy entire motif???

It has the chance, like all the other pages, to drop in DoM. The description states though it's part of the Meridian Crafting style
    Edited by AlboMalefica on August 7, 2019 7:18PM
  • Hellmasker
    Hellmasker
    ✭✭✭
    There's clearly something wrong there, I've even submitted a ticket because of that. The style in itself is nice and all, but Dawnbreaker should've been part of it, according to the outfit station. The only thing that's weird with that is... if it's an artifact, why can you dye it? So it might end up being unintended... oh well...
    Asgar Hellmasker, Silencer of the Dark Brotherhood
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hellmasker wrote: »
    There's clearly something wrong there, I've even submitted a ticket because of that. The style in itself is nice and all, but Dawnbreaker should've been part of it, according to the outfit station. The only thing that's weird with that is... if it's an artifact, why can you dye it? So it might end up being unintended... oh well...

Yeah I've posted a ticket too, the outfit page being included would make sense why Meridian costs 2k crowns more than Coldsnap but I've yet to get an official response from the forums, my ticket or twitter
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    My ticket is being looked into, will update asap

Small Update; Bethesha Support on Twitter have reached out & took details

Update 2: My Ticket has a respons!

"I am sorry that you have been having issues with your recent Meridian Motif purchase not unlocking the Dawnbreaker artifact style.  The issue you are describing is currently under investigation and we will reach out to you once we have an update."

More waiting but at least it's being looked into 😁

Edited by AlboMalefica on August 8, 2019 7:56AM
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've submitted a ticket as well, hopefully we'll get some progress.
  • Coldforge
    Coldforge
    ✭✭
    Same issue, have also submitted a ticket.
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn’t realize they even had a Dawnbreaker artifact.

Owner of a few artifacts already.

Edit . So it was a part of this motif per another thread.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/472629/unlockable-dawnbreaker-artifact-motif-pts-feedback-thread

Patiently waiting to see if you guys get the artifact.

Edited by Kalik_Gold on August 7, 2019 9:59PM
    Ras Kalik | Redguard - Templar
    Jux Blackheart | Redguard - Nightblade
    Aurik Siet'ka | Redguard - Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius | Redguard - Warden
    Goliath of Hammerfell | Redguard - Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon | Breton - Sorcerer [PvP Healer]
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Cinan Tharn | Imperial - Dragonknight [PvE Tank]
    Tyrus Septim | Imperial - Sorcerer [PvE Damage]
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis | Breton - Templar [PvE Healer]
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    Champion 810+ CP | PS4/NA | ESO+ Cancelled | DC PVP | †The Vestige, Ahkahtuz
    Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard Paladin and the wielder of Chrysamere (and Volendrung); He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. (not only Sai Sahan has a secret snowflake!)

Over years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r. Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from undead, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; asked to join the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting enemies on the battlefield if he so desired

Jux Blackheart a master thief that frequents the Sisters of the Sands inn for pilfering, was known to infiltrate any bank vault or Ayelid ruin without detection, but Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of this greed. He lost two fingertips as a lesson! In return, he gained a new friend.

Kaotik Von’Daemon is an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon to Wrothgar. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r to Wrothgar when the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer, a Breton and two Imperials. One of the Imperials was related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (Ras Kalik's mentor in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn is Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son, that was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder Imperial Tyrus Septim is a retired battle-mage soldier and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son more. The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperials. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be a manservant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a Breton and also a prominent member of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture. This artifact being an Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Ancestor Moth cult worshippers wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure. Ras Kalik did indeed notice the sword however, an sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Breton men have parted ways for now... While Ras Kalik is off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little does he know, a necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, in Alik'r and the one known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits. Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (Redguard God) and Ius (Animal God), after being burned severely by escaped dragons, is awaiting the arrival of Kalik to Senchal.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It has the chance, like all the other pages, to drop in DoM. The description states though it's part of the Meridian Crafting style

Thanks, great news!
    Restart your router ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue put in a ticket and just replied to the automated response.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, we have news! It is a bug!
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Brad and I am an Escalations Agent here with the Support Team.

I am sorry that you have been having issues with your recent Meridian Motif purchase not unlocking the Dawnbreaker artifact style. The issue you are describing is currently under investigation and we will reach out to you once we have an update.

Best Regards,

Brad

• BlissfulDelusions
    BlissfulDelusions
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same happened to me, not unlocking the Dawnbreaker motif, even though it is clearly stated it does.Screenshot_20190807_203833.png
    As a reminder to those unaware,
    the rules of the forum can be found right here.

WTB Class Change Token, 20k Crowns

I have like 32k+ achievement points, so I guess my opinions should mean something.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it seems they are aware of it then, so the only question is when and how they will fix it.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    Well it seems they are aware of it then, so the only question is when and how they will fix it.

In the worst case scenario they'll pull the motif from store, but since it doesn't happened and it was on sale for almost a day... I expect a patch. Or at least manually unlocked sword.
    Edited by TiaFrye on August 8, 2019 7:07AM
  • Mothershed52
    Mothershed52
    ✭✭✭
    "Due to a UI issue with the Meridian Motif, we have temporarily removed it from the Crown Store and from in-game drops. The motif will return at a later date."

Updated on the August Showcase...

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56715
    PSN Mothershed-52 NA PS4
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Due to a UI issue with the Meridian Motif, we have temporarily removed it from the Crown Store and from in-game drops. The motif will return at a later date."

Updated on the August Showcase...

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56715

I wonder if they ask us, who got it to wait until then or manually unlock the sword. Probably not the latter...
    Edited by TiaFrye on August 8, 2019 3:46PM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    Just to confirm, this is a display issue and the Dawnbreaker Artifact Style is not intended to be unlocked with the Meridian Motif. We are working on a fix for this.
    Staff Post
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, this is a display issue and the Dawnbreaker Artifact Style is not intended to be unlocked with the Meridian Motif. We are working on a fix for this.

I suspected that the artifact was a part of the bundle, not motif book. Basically we bough raw book and mimic gems without artifact page due to UI error.
    At least I hope that display issue is not about it not being included at all. We bought that item mostly because of the artifact.
    Edited by TiaFrye on August 8, 2019 3:50PM
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Might we get an explanation then as to why the motif is 2000 crowns more expensive than the Coldsnap motif? Seems a bit odd if there isnt anything additional or special about it.
  • Mothershed52
    Mothershed52
    ✭✭✭
    Especially since there is a thread from May on the PTS with this "UI error" and it has been assumed that Dawnbreaker came with the style.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/472629/unlockable-dawnbreaker-artifact-motif-pts-feedback-thread
    Edited by Mothershed52 on August 8, 2019 3:51PM
    PSN Mothershed-52 NA PS4