Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why devs answers on furniture storage didnt address issue

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
You may all recall sometime back when Cullen Lee was on ESO Live and spoke about the ongoing community request to add a furniture storage bag. At the time he made the valid point that furniture has a lot more variables attached to it and also there are a lot more furniture items than crafting items.
OK, fair enough, but this doesn't address the issue and frankly is a poor answer. Its a bit like telling somebody that's asking for spare change that you cant afford to give them a $1000!
ZOS tend to use this logic a lot. "Because the problem is complex, we wont offer alternative solutions!". We have seen this approach now time and again.
On the issue of furniture storage specifically, I accept that it would be difficult to give us unlimited storage system like the craft bag but why does this always seem to justify not doing ANYTHING to ameliorate an issue??! Why does it not seem to occur to ZOS to say OK, we cant give you unlimited storage but we could introduce a new type of furniture container that stored, lets say, 1000 items that stack?!
If its feasible to give us a house that can store 700 items, 100 trophies and 10 or 20 collectibles, it must be way easier to create a furniture chest that could store 1000 items. This storage woudnt need to remember positions or have to calculate interactions so I see no reason why it couldn't be done.
Frankly, I'm suspicious that they don't do it because they want people to buy 700 item homes just to use as furniture storage.
I really feel we deserve a better response on this issue. I know for a lot of people I speak with, storage is now the major factor discouraging them from buying anymore items. They just don't have anywhere to put it!
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    You may all recall sometime back when Cullen Lee was on ESO Live and spoke about the ongoing community request to add a furniture storage bag. At the time he made the valid point that furniture has a lot more variables attached to it and also there are a lot more furniture items than crafting items.
    OK, fair enough, but this doesn't address the issue and frankly is a poor answer. Its a bit like telling somebody that's asking for spare change that you cant afford to give them a $1000!
    ZOS tend to use this logic a lot. "Because the problem is complex, we wont offer alternative solutions!". We have seen this approach now time and again.
    On the issue of furniture storage specifically, I accept that it would be difficult to give us unlimited storage system like the craft bag but why does this always seem to justify not doing ANYTHING to ameliorate an issue??! Why does it not seem to occur to ZOS to say OK, we cant give you unlimited storage but we could introduce a new type of furniture container that stored, lets say, 1000 items that stack?!
    If its feasible to give us a house that can store 700 items, 100 trophies and 10 or 20 collectibles, it must be way easier to create a furniture chest that could store 1000 items. This storage woudnt need to remember positions or have to calculate interactions so I see no reason why it couldn't be done.
    Frankly, I'm suspicious that they don't do it because they want people to buy 700 item homes just to use as furniture storage.
    I really feel we deserve a better response on this issue. I know for a lot of people I speak with, storage is now the major factor discouraging them from buying anymore items. They just don't have anywhere to put it!

Yes! 100% agree with this, if a home can potentially hold 700 unique items, not just a list like in a chest, but the physical thing, sometimes animated or creating light effects, a chest should easily be able to store the same amount or more!
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I'm pretty sure they can create a storage container that would hold furniture items. After all, we can store furniture in our own inventories, in the bank, and in storage chests, where like items stack.

We don't need an unlimited storage container for furniture, but providing some sort of furniture storage outside of buying a 700-slot home to dump extra furniture in would be greatly appreciated.

Heck, even if we just got more storage chests, that would help. But I feel that having a separate furniture storage would be ideal.

ETA: This special furniture storage could be available to purchase from the Master Writ Vendor, since most of his inventory and his assistant's are housing-related. It could be unlocked by obtaining certain housing achievements and cost, say, 1000 vouchers or something.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 5, 2019 7:18PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, Zos' reply did address the issue of furniture storage. They talked about it. they mentioned it and that is addressing it. They just did not address it as we would like.

To me it seems like a no brainer that big spenders balk at buying new furnishing packs they would like because of furnishing storage. However, even a chest system that has a limited number of slots restricted to bound furnishings (and make them stack), working like our current chest system works, would seem like a great solution. The issue is, most of us maxed our storage out when we got the crafting bag and again when we gained double bank space. So in the end a limited storage solution does not even add a Band-Aid for the real issue. We will just max that out.
  • kwinter
    kwinter
    ✭✭✭
    Actually ZOS said that all storage has become an issue with game including crafting bags. It’s was mention during the talk about the performance changes they need to make. So my guess until the performance changes are made and shown to work. Then they may look at at housing side if things
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is probably the simple one, which applies to almost everything.

$$$$

What is the game's current primary method of storage?

Characters.

How do you increase their storage capacity?

Gold + spending either 6 months of logging in daily to feed the damned horse or by spending real $$$$.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    First, Zos' reply did address the issue of furniture storage. They talked about it. they mentioned it and that is addressing it. They just did not address it as we would like.

To me it seems like a no brainer that big spenders balk at buying new furnishing packs they would like because of furnishing storage. However, even a chest system that has a limited number of slots restricted to bound furnishings (and make them stack), working like our current chest system works, would seem like a great solution. The issue is, most of us maxed our storage out when we got the crafting bag and again when we gained double bank space. So in the end a limited storage solution does not even add a Band-Aid for the real issue. We will just max that out.

Respectfully, I disagree with your opening point. However, I must confess that I am a pedant and so struggle to let a challenge to my correct usage of words or phrases go un-answered :D. I stand over my statement that the response did not address the issue. I believe that O.E., Collins, McM, (and even Google) dictionaries, would support my use of wording in this context. Addressing something draws synonyms such as ;
    "attend to, tackle, see to, deal with, confront, grapple with, attack, buckle down to, get to grips with, embark on, settle down to, direct one's attention to, turn to, get down to, concentrate on, focus on, apply oneself to, devote oneself to".
    The literal distinction between the word address and mention or discuss is that the former conveys a sense of effort in resolving said issue.
    By all means, if your argument is that you believe ZOS have made a concerted effort to deal with the issue, then we simply agree to disagree, as it were. But I believe your point is that I am incorrect to suggest they have not addressed an issue because they have talked about it and mentioned it.
    Admittedly, CED could be interpreted to support the idea that merely giving something attention qualifies as addressing an issue but in general, most dictionaries relate the verb address (in this context) with effort to resolve and hence allow an assertion that something that has been discussed has not been addressed. Both the contextual and literal meaning of my statement is a suggestion that their discussion of the matter did not tackle the issue.
    And I'm really sorry to detract from your other valid points, I just... cant... when somebody tells me my use of a word is wrong :D
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this stage I'd be happy with a number of bags that cover the most diverse furniture items. For example: one bag for Conservatory, another for Structural Materials, and finally one for lighting fixtures.

I feel that they have closed their minds to a solution to this ever-increasing problem. Every week we purchase more unique items from the Lux Vendor, and new items are coming along frequently. I have 6 alts full of trees, lights, accessories, etc.,, a bank at capacity, and larger houses filled with furniture. At this time, I am selling a lot of my older furniture that has been sitting around, to make room for newer things.

I'm a part of a large housing guild that runs challenges. In order to take part in many of these challenges, I am forced to play a juggling game with alts, houses and bank, to empty a house I wish to furnish.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to create a topic for this but I’m not surprised that it has already been much requested! I agree with the OP — why not give everyone a furnishings-only bag with 1000 slots or something? Surely they would like to sell more furnishings! I know that is a major limiter on what new furnishings I will buy: Do I have a place to put it now? I would be far more inclined to buy furnishings that I like just to have on hand when I have a place for them if I had more storage space.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can store furnishing items currently. Up to 700 of them all in one place. If I can store 700 furnishings in a house, I can store 700 furnishings in a tab. The storing of the items at least on that scale is not a problem. If they are saying that they can't put hundreds of thousands of items all in one place, then perhaps they should have come out and said that. Yes, we would love a furnishing bag that can hold everything we have. However, if that is not possible, then an easier way to store and manage what is technically possible would be a great step.

• dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple answer, their server, and engine are running on fumes.