The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My magdk and magblade compared

festher
festher
✭✭
Ive been struggeling with my magblade in pvp. Problems with Mitigation, problems with skills that should help with defense like cloak. All the while ive gone more and more defensive.

5 L 2H
5x Wizards riposte
5x impregnable
2x bloodspawn

Weak Damage and stil only 17/15k resist and Crit resist at 2500. Minor maim is good but hmm...

Then i tried my old magdk. Slapped on the 5 impreg set and 5 shacklebraeker (Destro/s&b) set with 2x swarm mother (for fun) and omg those sweet stats just SHOT up lol

24k/20k resist with 4400 crist resist buffet on backbar. Dmg abilities with mad healing, a ton of cc, range on front and when using swarm mother i switch to backbar and started slamming ppll around. 4 buffs to maintain but on 20+ sec timers. What a difference! Lol :)

No real point other than magblade isent in a good place pt

I think ill skip all defense set and get 2x Pirate Skeleton as the only defense. And then 2 of Spinners/mothers sorrow/strategist or Julianos... advices?
Edited by festher on August 4, 2019 2:00PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MagDK’s tankier then magblade for sure, are you playing in CP pvp?

You also have to adapt your sets to the class is one thing I’d add.

Magblade strengths:
    - cloak
    - mitigation
    - some decent debuffs/buffs
    Weaknesses:
    - self healing
    - burst

DK... you probably know better than me.

Since you get shade I wouldn’t wear wizard’s repost. You get minor maim from your class abilities.
    Impregnable armour isn’t a good set in no-CP, in CP it’s only decent if you use off traits for a gimmicky build.

Try Buffer of the Swift instead of Wizard’s repost, try Transmutation instead of impregnable armour.

You’ll get the crit resists from trans from using hots and can help team mates. You’ll get more mitigation from buffer of the swift then the sets you’re using. For damage use a damage monster like skoria.

Mitigation wise magblade if you build it to be tanky can be higher than a MagDK (with merciless stacks and shade), where the difference comes from is terrible self healing.

Magblade’s getting a nerf on PTS so there must be something strong about it from a dev perspective.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 4, 2019 1:53PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    Thanks for ur answer.I play bg and not always with shade. Riposte debuff all who hits me so it good mitigation. But lacking damage for sure
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    festher wrote: »
    Thanks for ur answer.I play bg and not always with shade. Riposte debuff all who hits me so it good mitigation. But lacking damage for sure

For sure, it’s a great set on a templar or DK for that reason. Lack of self healing makes it difficult to take a lot of hits as a magblade though unless you’re super tanky.

For buffer you can buy a whole set from cropsford for about 400k AP.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 4, 2019 2:06PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    I havent looked at what i can do with my AP. I should! Thx
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason why you had 4K plus crit resist on your DK was because you were still wearing impen....

If you want your stats to shoot up then wear sets that do that, try fortified brass
    Edited by kaithuzar on August 7, 2019 2:56AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    festher wrote: »
    Ive been struggeling with my magblade in pvp. Problems with Mitigation, problems with skills that should help with defense like cloak. All the while ive gone more and more defensive.

5 L 2H
    5x Wizards riposte
    5x impregnable
    2x bloodspawn

Weak Damage and stil only 17/15k resist and Crit resist at 2500. Minor maim is good but hmm...

Then i tried my old magdk. Slapped on the 5 impreg set and 5 shacklebraeker (Destro/s&b) set with 2x swarm mother (for fun) and omg those sweet stats just SHOT up lol

24k/20k resist with 4400 crist resist buffet on backbar. Dmg abilities with mad healing, a ton of cc, range on front and when using swarm mother i switch to backbar and started slamming ppll around. 4 buffs to maintain but on 20+ sec timers. What a difference! Lol :)

No real point other than magblade isent in a good place pt

I think ill skip all defense set and get 2x Pirate Skeleton as the only defense. And then 2 of Spinners/mothers sorrow/strategist or Julianos... advices?

I think you're building for too much defense and expecting it to keep you alive which is costing you damage. Magblade can't face damage head on like a magdk can so you need to adjust your playstyle to take advantage of the nightblade toolkit. Skills like cloak, fear and shade give you a lot of control over a fight and once you get used to them enemies will find it difficult to lock you down. Try and be as mobile as possible and take advantage of your environment when outnumbered.

I would keep at least 1 defensive set but I think you need a damage set to be able to reliably pressure enemies.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The way magblade plays post patch might change a lot and allow a tankier build, it’s hard to tell but one of magblade’s biggest weaknesses will change.

The mitigation on magblade has been nerfed with the merciless change but the mitigation level can still be decent with merciless + dark cloak minor protection.

What’s weak on magblade is lack of mending and vitality compared to a DK, plus lack of self healing.

With the restoration changes with rapid regen and Ward self healing will be a lot better.... but incoming dot damage will be up too so I’m not sure how it will balance out.

Tanky magblade might work but buffer of the swift plus transmutation is as tanky as I’d go or your damage will suck. Transmutation as a sustain set’s decent because the crit resists 5 piece is good, and the magicka regen set bonus’ mean you can use spell damage jewellery glyphs. Without CPs spell damage is preferable to magicka because you don’t get the % magicka buff from CPs.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 7, 2019 3:49AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade will be dumping on people next patch for sure, DoT protection and the kill combo being as strong as it is with little stat investment is going to be hard to beat.