The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maelstrom Style

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I felt the same way when they introduced those style pages that look like Undaunted helms and shoulders. Why should anyone who doesn’t earn that content be able to visit the outfit station and imitate it? I guess this is the next logical step for them to extend it to even more difficult achievements, sadly.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is precedent the other way though, too, @Jayne_Doe.

Most notably the Skyforge Smith Hammer style ... only available to players who have achieved Gramd Master Crafter.

Also there are the Gladiator styles in PvP ... only available through turning in Gladiator proofs.

So, there is prior precedent for gating styles behind achievements or content.

The Event won’t be for a few more weeks. ZOS still has time to make this available for vMA clears only.

I don't disagree and I don't really care one way or the other. My point is that these are drops and if they are drops, the only way to keep them out of the hands of "unworthy" players (gating the content) is to make the pages bound so they can't be traded to other players. Or, they could just put them behind an achievement or do something similar to the Gladiator styles as you suggest.

I was just trying to say that the way it is now, it won't really work the way players want it to unless ZOS makes the pages bound and thus untradable and removes them from the Impresario completely - or rework the way they are awarded into something akin to the Gladiator style, which I doubt would happen.

But it's irrelevant now since they've already announced the event. They could still change it, but it doesn't seem likely.

Again, I have no problem with these being bound and being exclusively for those who can complete the content. Frankly, I'm not going to bother getting this unless pages are stupid cheap, as I don't care enough about this style to spend vouchers or any significant amount of gold on it. I don't even care to complete nMA for a chance to get it, as I did to get the Dremora pages.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 6, 2019 10:05PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    There is precedent the other way though, too, @Jayne_Doe.

Most notably the Skyforge Smith Hammer style ... only available to players who have achieved Gramd Master Crafter.

Also there are the Gladiator styles in PvP ... only available through turning in Gladiator proofs.

So, there is prior precedent for gating styles behind achievements or content.

The Event won’t be for a few more weeks. ZOS still has time to make this available for vMA clears only.

I don't disagree and I don't really care one way or the other. My point is that these are drops and if they are drops, the only way to keep them out of the hands of "unworthy" players (gating the content) is to make the pages bound so they can't be traded to other players. Or, they could just put them behind an achievement or do something similar to the Gladiator styles as you suggest.

I was just trying to say that the way it is now, it won't really work the way players want it to unless ZOS makes the pages bound and thus untradable and removes them from the Impresario completely - or rework the way they are awarded into something akin to the Gladiator style, which I doubt would happen.

But it's irrelevant now since they've already announced the event. They could still change it, but it doesn't seem likely.

Again, I have no problem with these being bound and being exclusively for those who can complete the content. Frankly, I'm not going to bother getting this unless pages are stupid cheap, as I don't care enough about this style to spend vouchers or any significant amount of gold on it. I don't even care to complete nMA for a chance to get it, as I did to get the Dremora pages.

I just wish they would include "killing the final boss in n/vMA" as one of the ways to get the event tickets for this event. I would much rather spend 25 minutes blowing through nMA than fighting 20 other players for some of the slow-spawning world boss quests. At least then I could be farming for Elemental Succession or something.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IonicKai wrote: »
    I would much rather spend 25 minutes blowing through nMA than fighting 20 other players for some of the slow-spawning world boss quests.

Exaggerating the time to make yourself look better?

With constant world boss groups going in Wrothgar, you should be able to complete a Daily in 15 minutes tops.

nMA is at least 30 minutes in my experience ... which is double the time of the above.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 8, 2019 12:56AM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IonicKai wrote: »
    I would much rather spend 25 minutes blowing through nMA than fighting 20 other players for some of the slow-spawning world boss quests.

Exaggerating the time to make yourself look better?

With constant world boss groups going in Wrothgar, you should be able to complete a Daily in 15 minutes tops.

nMA is at least 30 minutes in my experience ... which is double the time of the above.

I’ll be honest it wasn’t an intentional exaggeration. I haven’t ran through nMA since last year’s Witches Festival and couldn’t remember the exact time frame.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)