The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Rams stop doing ram stuff

Sandman929
Sandman929
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm just bringing this up because I've yet to see any official comment on the strange behavior of rams. I thought maybe there would be some mention of it in the upcoming patch, but there isn't (unless I skimmed past).
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom someone should be made aware that the rams in Cyrodiil are showing signs of sentience and a grasp of teleportation magic. They will occasionally choose to roll away from the door they are meant to siege before reluctantly performing their designated task, they will occasionally spin wildly in an attempt to prevent packing them up, and when they're very agitated they will simply teleport to the top of the gatehouse or to the other side of the door to get away from their owners.

It's not the worst thing in the world, even when it happens at very bad times, purely for the entertainment value. Still, it should probably get a look from the devs before rams start learning how to use tools and band together to overthrow us all.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I myself have not seen this, I did see some Rams up on Clarisa Mountain near Skyreach and they seemed to be able to scale the cliffs just fine.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I myself have not seen this, I did see some Rams up on Clarisa Mountain near Skyreach and they seemed to be able to scale the cliffs just fine.

Yes, but I don't mean rams, I mean rams. If the rams start working with the rams, then it's anarchy.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the Rams chances are this season. :)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You son of a bee... :/
    This is a very serious thread about some very silly behavior.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Yeah but since Uncle Sheo introduced the hammer the rams have gained a sense of humor. ;)
    Blame it all on the mad god!
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but since Uncle Sheo introduced the hammer the rams have gained a sense of humor. ;)
    Blame it all on the mad god!

It's a smooth transition from bug to feature. Everyone wins.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5LnW6Cz.png

Apparently the bretons of the Daggerfall Covenant are experimenting with new magical techniques to enhance the effectiveness of the rams, but it appears to be backfiring. :p
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes don't get off topic, very rude.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    5LnW6Cz.png

Apparently the bretons of the Daggerfall Covenant are experimenting with new magical techniques to enhance the effectiveness of the rams, but it appears to be backfiring. :p

That looks like fun. Now I want to see it in game myself. :D
    Halcyon Black
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikazaru wrote: »
    5LnW6Cz.png

That looks like fun. Now I want to see it in game myself. :D

It’s annoying AF. If the ram bugs out on the front door, it not only delays entering the keep (you need to range the door down with ballistas, as the ram stops dealing damage), it also delays taking down the main door, as the owner of the ram has to make their way up to the outer wall to pack it up. Depending on the keep, that’s an extra fifteen seconds or so that gives the enemy more time to bolster their defenses.

It was funny the first three times, but got old very fast.
    Edited by Aurielle on August 6, 2019 6:29PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indirect nerf to PvDoor zerglings. It can stay for all I care. Quit sieging empty keeps.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Indirect nerf to PvDoor zerglings. It can stay for all I care. Quit sieging empty keeps.

They aren't always empty. Sometimes there's angry folks inside with too many oils. I've never been on the other side of it when suddenly a ram pops up there though.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They aren't always empty. Sometimes there's angry folks inside with too many oils. I've never been on the other side of it when suddenly a ram pops up there though.

vWsBij3.png
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vWsBij3.png

Well that's just freaky. You should always kill the ones that do that before they breed.
  • Travestynox
    Travestynox
    ✭✭✭
    All Rams are Dodgey. Heyyo.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have and it's hilarious. Just pouring some oils down on you guys then *poof* there's a ram in front of me and sometimes it keeps going up or just spins wildly
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is comedy gold! I haven't stepped foot in anything PvP related since Elsweyr dropped but I may have to force myself back into Cyro just to witness this. How often does it happen?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »
    This is comedy gold! I haven't stepped foot in anything PvP related since Elsweyr dropped but I may have to force myself back into Cyro just to witness this. How often does it happen?

Rams retreating from keeps, or spinning in place are pretty common. Jumping levels seems less frequent.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »

I have and it's hilarious. Just pouring some oils down on you guys then *poof* there's a ram in front of me and sometimes it keeps going up or just spins wildly
    Yeah the first time I was just, ummmm, what do I do? Destroy it? Though now I feel bad for destroying it if the owner could have retrieved it (yes, I know, I’m the carebeariest of Care Bears when I PVP).

• method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_PT wrote: »

Rams retreating from keeps, or spinning in place are pretty common. Jumping levels seems less frequent.

it happens and you can set them on fire too

PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just bringing this up because I've yet to see any official comment on the strange behavior of rams. I thought maybe there would be some mention of it in the upcoming patch, but there isn't (unless I skimmed past).
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom someone should be made aware that the rams in Cyrodiil are showing signs of sentience and a grasp of teleportation magic. They will occasionally choose to roll away from the door they are meant to siege before reluctantly performing their designated task, they will occasionally spin wildly in an attempt to prevent packing them up, and when they're very agitated they will simply teleport to the top of the gatehouse or to the other side of the door to get away from their owners.

It's not the worst thing in the world, even when it happens at very bad times, purely for the entertainment value. Still, it should probably get a look from the devs before rams start learning how to use tools and band together to overthrow us all.

I have seen this and reported it. It is better than when they were jumping to oil platforms but still not working as intended.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »

Yeah the first time I was just, ummmm, what do I do? Destroy it? Though now I feel bad for destroying it if the owner could have retrieved it (yes, I know, I’m the carebeariest of Care Bears when I PVP).

If you don't destroy it, they can't put up another. Which might work out well for you.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems even the rams are bored of everyone sieging the front door now. B)
    doomette wrote: »

Don't destroy it. You can't have two rams up, so it keeps them from dropping another.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So keeping it both helps thwart a current attack and isn’t needlessly spiteful if they succeed. Win-win! ;)
    Thanks guys!
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've watched one turn around and take off around an outpost, with half of the invading forces following along behind it hesitantly. It finally stopped just shy of making the entire trip back around to the door and disappeared into thin air. We still talk about the day our siege bailed on us...
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The floating rams are the best. You drop a ram and watch it levitate up, up, onto the roof and it’s gone. And the “one ram per keep” restriction prevents you from dropping another one. Even though it’s annoying, it never stops being funny.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno the last time you guys mentioned this was back in June, any update on it?
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they fix this? I haven't noticed any rams going rogue lately
    Edited by valeriiya on September 16, 2019 11:56PM