Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Revert Faction Locks. We've Been Through This Already

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was opposed to faction locks at the start, but now I'm not so opposed. I will give it more time for final judgement though.

I also have characters in all factions that no longer can go into to 30 day campaigns but I am fine with that. I had already decided to be loyal to one faction months before faction locks happened and found a guild that plays that faction.

I also now believe and agree that the 30 day campaigns were the correct ones to lock. However since most seem to want to play in the 30 day ones, they should make the 7 day into a 30 dayor just add a 30 day unlocked and see what happens then. It would be a fairer comparison.

If unlocked is the most popular then that campaign will take off and the locked ones will die. If locked is most desired then things will stay the same.
    Edited by Katahdin on August 6, 2019 1:09PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I was opposed to faction locks at the start, but now I'm not so opposed. I will give it more time for final judgement though.

I also have characters in all factions that no longer can go into to 30 day campaigns but I am fine with that. I had already decided to be loyal to one faction months before faction locks happened and found a guild that plays that faction.

I also now believe and agree that the 30 day campaigns were the correct ones to lock. However since most seem to want to play in the 30 day ones, they should make the 7 day into a 30 dayor just add a 30 day unlocked and see what happens then. It would be a fairer comparison.

If unlocked is the most popular then that campaign will take off and the locked ones will die. If locked is most desired then things will stay the same.

Theres not enough population to sustain three 30-day camps lol. No-CP is usually dead outside of primetime/early afternoon and the 7 day is dead 22 hours a day.

Tell me, where's the fun in logging in with your buddies and seeing the map completely run over by your faction and not being able to do anything about it because you can't help the factions being gated/run over?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »

Tell me, where's the fun in logging in with your buddies and seeing the map completely run over by your faction and not being able to do anything about it because you can't help the factions being gated/run over?

Dont know what campaign/server you play in but I love seeing lots of my color on the map. It means we are doing well. It also know it's temporary, because in a few hours my faction will be double teamed and pushed one side by one faction while being pushed on the other side by the other faction and it will be all we can do to keep our tri-keeps and our gates closed.

Also I never switched factions once I chose and decided to be loyal to one.
    The only reason I played other factions was to unlock alliance skills on my alts.
    Once that was done, I chose a faction and have played there ever since.

Edited by Katahdin on August 6, 2019 2:09PM
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason I played other factions was to unlock alliance skills on my alts.

There's your problem right there. You incorrectly assume that people don't pvp for the sake of pvp itself. I actually go into cyrodiil because I want to engage in pvp. Faction locks limit that by disallowing people to swap to an underdog faction to get the fights they want.

If you want to be loyal to a single faction then go ahead, go nuts, but don't impose your ideals on others who simply want to enjoy good fights and playing with their friends, regardless of faction choice.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's your problem right there. You incorrectly assume that people don't pvp for the sake of pvp itself. I actually go into cyrodiil because I want to engage in pvp. Faction locks limit that by disallowing people to swap to an underdog faction to get the fights they want.

If you want to be loyal to a single faction then go ahead, go nuts, but don't impose your ideals on others who simply want to enjoy good fights and playing with their friends, regardless of faction choice.

I think the problem is that you think that a game mode that was designed to be AvAvA should cater to people who care nothing for it and just care about pvp for its own sake. There is a game mode for those people as well called battle grounds. If you are looking for good fights with friends and just want straight up pvp try that. AvAvA Cyrodiil is more than just pvp for its own sake. So don't impose those ideals on a game mode that was not designed to feature them.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't impose anything on you.
    ZoS made a decision. Some people disagree with it but a lot of people also wanted and asked for it. By the way faction lock was a thing in all factions when the game started. There was no switching, period. If you wanted to switch you had to go to anothe campaign.

I disagreed at first but have since changed my mind. Right now I am thinking faction lock was a good thing.

Sorry you don't like the fact that I'm here saying it but that is what the forums are for, not just for you and your opinion.

And for the record, I DO go to Cyrodiil for PvP and even occasionally lead groups for PvP. I also go there to play the map and fight for my faction and with my PvP guild who are also my friends.

In the campaign I play, I never have a problem finding good fights no matter what the map looks like.

If all you want is fights and care nothing for the map or faction, battlegrounds has this mode called death match that should be perfect for you.

Edited by Katahdin on August 6, 2019 5:46PM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS made a decision. Some people disagree with it but a lot of people also wanted and asked for it. By the way faction lock was a thing in all factions when the game started. There was no switching, period. If you wanted to switch you had to go to anothe campaign.

I disagreed at first but have since changed my mind. Right now I am thinking faction lock was a good thing.

Sorry you don't like the fact that I'm here saying it but that is what the forums are for, not just for you and your opinion.

And for the record, I DO go to Cyrodiil for PvP and even occasionally lead groups for PvP. I also go there to play the map and fight for my faction and with my PvP guild who are also my friends.

In the campaign I play, I never have a problem finding good fights no matter what the map looks like.

If all you want is fights and care nothing for the map or faction, battlegrounds has this mode called death match that should be perfect for you.

Group queue bypassed faction lock initially.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent played cyrodil since faction lock was put in and neither has my guild.
    worst change ever for this game
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    I think the problem is that you think that a game mode that was designed to be AvAvA should cater to people who care nothing for it and just care about pvp for its own sake. There is a game mode for those people as well called battle grounds. If you are looking for good fights with friends and just want straight up pvp try that. AvAvA Cyrodiil is more than just pvp for its own sake. So don't impose those ideals on a game mode that was not designed to feature them.

Thinking that BGs and Open-World Cyrodiil are perfectly identical and interchangeable sequences, quite the big brain assumption lmao.

It's clear that you guys just want to be able to pretend that you make any meaningful contribution to your factions and campaign scores, which is why you're hanging on to faction locks.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking that BGs and Open-World Cyrodiil are perfectly identical and interchangeable sequences, quite the big brain assumption lmao.

Reading is FUNdamental. That’s not at all what they said and you know it.

PvP for the sake of PvP, without regard for the Alliance War, is exactly what BGs were created for. If that’s what you want, go do that. Or go to an unlocked campaign. Or take your characters of one alliance into a locked campaign. So many options.,,
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »

thats like saying i've not eaten pop-tarts since they changed the packaging worst thing ever..........if you not gone into PvP since then you have in all fairness have Zero validity to your statement
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

thats like saying i've not eaten pop-tarts since they changed the packaging worst thing ever..........if you not gone into PvP since then you have in all fairness have Zero validity to your statement

The two key elements of PvP are P and P.

Less P bad.

• Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Less P bad.

And the 3 key elements of AvAvA are A and A and A
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Less P bad.

But without the second P in PvP there is no AvAvA. There's just.... A.

Your argument kinda contradicts itself right there.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any update on this from ZOS? They really keeping this crap? xD
    EU | PC
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Less P bad.

Having no lock doesn't get rid of the AvAvA. It just means I have freedom between As.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Less P bad.

Having no lock doesn't get rid of the AvAvA. It just means I have freedom between As.

Having it locked doesn't get rid of the AvAvA or PvP either. Still plenty of both on the campaign I play. Nothing has really changed except the bandwagoners cant bandwagon to the winning side mid campaign any more, the trans stone farmers don't flip flop all over the place either and we get a lot less trolls in zone chat.

The other campaigns on PC don't seem to have changed much either. No CP was dominated by DC most of the time and the 7 day was dead before faction locks.
    Edited by Katahdin on August 7, 2019 1:01PM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Less P bad.

Having it locked doesn't get rid of the AvAvA or PvP either. Still plenty of both on the campaign I play. Nothing has really changed except the bandwagoners cant bandwagon to the winning side mid campaign any more, the trans stone farmers don't flip flop all over the place either and we get a lot less trolls in zone chat.

The other campaigns on PC don't seem to have changed much either. No CP was dominated by DC most of the time and the 7 day was dead before faction locks.

It's getting rid of PvP.
    Used to have 50+ queues every night for No-CP, sometimes 100+

Biggest queue I've had since is 8
  • Janoy
    Janoy
    ✭✭
    At this point, let me deem my characters as mercenaries, so I can play for whichever faction I want for a period of time. Maybe only enable mercenary status for the faction with the lowest pop at any given time. At the end of the day, this is about having fun which for most means finding fights and playing with friends.

I’d seriously wonder where the majority of the population would go if ZoS did create one unlocked 30 and leave the current locked 30 day camps. Arguments could be made for both as to where the “real pvp’ers“ and “AP farmers” would go.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janoy wrote: »

I’d seriously wonder where the majority of the population would go if ZoS did create one unlocked 30 and leave the current locked 30 day camps.

I also wonder this and think it should he tried at least.

I disagree with declaring yourself mercenary because it will just circumvent the faction lock. Unless there was no leaderboard or AP gain whatsoever and you couldn't get transmute stones.
    Edited by Katahdin on August 7, 2019 3:57PM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's time to get rid of the alliances all together and just make blue/red/yellow teams you can join, much like battlegrounds.

They abandoned the alliance idea with One Tamriel.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Janoy wrote: »

I’d seriously wonder where the majority of the population would go if ZoS did create one unlocked 30 and leave the current locked 30 day camps.

I also wonder this and think it should he tried at least.

I disagree with declaring yourself mercenary because it will just circumvent the faction lock. Unless there was no leaderboard or AP gain whatsoever and you couldn't get transmute stones.

No dailies, no gladiator proofs
    You can capture an objective, but it earns points for no one and you get no O-tick.
    You get AP as a form of currency, but it doesn't get you other rewards like leaderboards and RFTW or end of campaign rewards
    You can use any factions' siege equipment, or buy it from the imperial camps
    Imperial/Bandit faction does not show up on the scoreboard at all
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mercenary factionless option would be very nice, I would love it!

But it would also introduce a big change, while there are much easier ways (that could be introduced any time) to replace the current faction lock by rules (for example: play any faction, but be on the score board only one one side) that would accommodate different play styles and among other make it easier for people to play with their friends and guildies.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's time to get rid of the alliances all together and just make blue/red/yellow teams you can join, much like battlegrounds.

Been saying this forever and a day. It never tracks and I thinks its because faction hopping only works if not everyone does it. Much like being a criminal.
    Edited by tonemd on August 28, 2019 6:25PM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »

Been saying this forever and a day. It never tracks and I thinks its because faction hopping only works if not everyone does it. Much like being a criminal.

Get rid of factions and reorganize cyrodiil for guild based pvp. That would be idle in my mind.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I've been playing this game for five years now. In that time, I've developed a lot of relationships and friendships with many players.

Don't force me to abandon those friendships.

I have multiple guilds that I play with. My AD guild plays twice a week. My pals on DC play on two different nights. Both groups play the same server, because that's where the fights are.

Your re-introduction of faction locks will force me to choose one of those two groups to outright abandon and no longer play with. *** that. *** that so much.

Several years ago we had this debate. Your team elected to remove faction locks after recognizing that they didn't accomplish much beyond artificially preventing people from playing with their friends.

Since that time, many players have taken advantage of the freedom you chose to give back to us to make alts, play with new people, and join groups on different alliances.

Don't fragment your community even more than it already is. I can't believe you had to bring this back up, when the issue was settled years ago for the better.

Edit:

Lock rewards to the first faction you log in on, fine. I'll live with that. But don't outright block me from logging on and playing with my friends.

I disagree. Zos keep up the good work. Keep faction lock as it stands. If they want to play with their friends they can do it once a month. They don't have to switch daily/hourly/ every 20 minutes just to get AP. Do not listen to their crying.
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the circular arguments just keep going.
  • whiskidou
    whiskidou
    For the sake of population balance, faction lock is dumb and the worse case scenario. Plus theres the bugs that lock you in the same alliance after the campaign end, which is finally getting addressed. I think that its a waste of ressource from zos and that it ultimatly dont help the state of pvp
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @brookus @MipMip I would love to see a merc/factionless option. I haven't cared about end of camp rewards or leaderboards since we had a for the chance to get some cool weapons (so like 4 years ago). Alot of us that want faction locks removed have mentioned our willingness to make concessions for the freedom to play how we want.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is literally an unlocked campaign on its way - nothing left to argue about now, please just let this silly argument die.