Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Max Settings: SET MaxCoresToUse.4 "-1"

Unknown_Redemption
Unknown_Redemption
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings,

I am trying to kick up the power draw that ESO pulls from my PC. I found a video in which the user moves the SET MaxCoresToUse: 8 to SET MaxCoresToUse: 11, but when I am in the Documents: ESO: Live: Settings, All I see is SET MaxCoresToUse.4 '-1'.

Because this looks so different, I wanted to ask, did something change since 01/2017 or am I able to move this to be higher?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me they revamped how ESO does multithreading back at the beginning of this year.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if I understand correctly, -1 is the same as max?
  • Aionari
    Aionari
    ✭✭
    So, if I understand correctly, -1 is the same as max?

To my knowledge the setting -1 equals to all available cores.
    Infernum aliud est populus!
  • oghannon_ESO
    oghannon_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I recently set mine to -12 (Intel I7 8700), and noticed an immediate uptick in FPS, especially in areas that seemed to lag consistently no matter what hardware I'm using. (Certain areas in Stros M'Kai come to mind.) Where before I sometimes was seeing FPS around 18-35 (where normally it would be 60-80), now those "trouble" spots consistently give me 60-80 FPS again. So for me, setting the MaxCores to the actual number of cores on your processor works wonders. YMMV.