Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is this true?!

Bullseye1914
I've heard from several people now that one can request an item from ZOS' crown store / crown crates and if the requester has the appropriate currency, then ZOS will trade the item for the crowns. All you have to do is ask.
  1. Is this true?
  2. If so, how do you go about this process?
  3. What is exactly OK to ask for? Mounts, costumes?
  4. Where can you find a list of said items from all previous seasons?
PS4 NA-Bullseye1914

Skin Collector | Professional Dungeon Explorer | Healer Extraordinaire | Trash Tank
  • Corngobbler
    Corngobbler
    ✭✭
    No there just rumors its unproven.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far, all we have is anecdotal evidence. I would assume it would be untrue for any crate items and probably untrue for non-current crown store items.

I think it might be true for reports I've read of players being able to purchase a currently available limited-time item if the player had the crowns but was not going to be able to purchase it while it was in the store. In that case, I could see ZOS fulfilling that request if the player asked before or during the time it was available and had the crowns. It would essentially be the same as them buying the item during the window of availability but ZOS would be purchasing it on their behalf. Don't know if it's true, but I've read reports of this scenario and it seems to be the only likely instance of being true.

In any event, there was a similar thread to this that was closed pretty quickly by ZOS, stating something to the effect that they didn't want to give players false expectations, so presumably the cases you mention above are not true.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like in real life, if you whine and complain to customer service enough and you catch the right rep on the right day, they will do what you want. This may come at a cost of looking like a complete **** and treating someone like garbage so that you can get something that you missed the first time instead of waiting like everyone else. But if that works for you, might as well give it a shot.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was denied such ordeal when I tried
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like in real life, if you whine and complain to customer service enough and you catch the right rep on the right day, they will do what you want. This may come at a cost of looking like a complete **** and treating someone like garbage so that you can get something that you missed the first time instead of waiting like everyone else. But if that works for you, might as well give it a shot.

No matter where you are, there's always that one guy/gal in line that will yell at the clerk until they get what they want no matter how ridiculous the request.
    dry.gif

• Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or you know, you can ask nicely. I had ESO support help me on many occasions and I never insulted them or was angry with them. It doesn't hurt to ask, sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don't but temper tantrums aren't really needed to resolve anything.

I smell projection, if you ask me.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There was way more than anecdotal evidence. There was a direct reply from ZOS to a ticket, detailing the things they're allowed to sell to you. This then gained traction on Reddit and when it got back to ZOS that more and more players know about this and would love to use this service, they quickly shut it down.

Afterwards people only talked about it in hushed whispers, that some people were able to buy discontinued items from Customer Support. However, these reports were numerous enough and verified enough that it didn't seem like ZOS was obsessed about keeping it a secret. Plenty of people here on the forum reported success with politely worded support tickets, and since it was openly talked about I didn't feel like I was giving much away when I told another thread my experiences (my guild master succeeded in getting a limited time house, and so I tried it too and got successful with an old furniture pack, but not with a costume).

Some time ago ZOS also started circulating an email about a sort of 'concierge service' allowing players to purchase and gift Crown Store items through Support, rather than ingame. They later amended this and added that offering unavailable items was a mistake in the wording of the email and it should only apply to currently available items. It was legit though, we got a ZOS response on the Forum thread confirming it; though I'm not sure if they still do it now.

Apparently, ZOS doesn't like the idea of players being able to purchase retired items (even though it could be obviously profitable since many items were removed and never returned before many players joined the game). Perhaps they also don't like threads about this because it gives hope to others that they can do it too, and they don't want Support flooded with purchase requests. However the concierge service obviously has a lot of potential for people who will be away from the game for some time. I'm not sure what ZOS's official stance is, and I'm not sure if I said anything that warrants closing this thread (I don't think so since all of this information is available on the forums, I'm just reporting what's already here). But when in doubt, ask ZOS, they'll be able to give you the correct answer, I'm sure.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a guy, who knows a guy, who has a cousin who kiss-cursed a ZoS Dev and got a sweet mount from the store that wasn’t even up for sale.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

Or you know, you can ask nicely. I had ESO support help me on many occasions and I never insulted them or was angry with them. It doesn't hurt to ask, sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don't but temper tantrums aren't really needed to resolve anything.

I smell projection, if you ask me.

I was thinking same thing.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've closed this thread as it has derailed and is no longer constructive. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.