Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Costumes?

Artemiisia
Artemiisia
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey

I notice we have a slot for costumes in the game, so far I have only been able to use it for the varies disguise in the game for quest.

I'm some what missing the vanity option, so I can make my char look like what I want, and not just have like a random look with 8 different gears on.

Will we in the future be able to craft our costumes, out of the gear we collect during our exploring and questing in the game?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was amazed there was no 'cosmetic' outfit feature in this game, considering how such features are hugely successful in all MMOs that have something like it.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea I don't know what their stance on this is. It's not something they've done in prior Elder Scrolls games to my knowledge. With the exception of a disguise you wear what you wear.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can totally see them building out the "costume" feature, IF they wanted to put the resources into it.

Basically, players (guilds) could be given a tool to make up their own armor/color appearance complete with styles and guild icons (come on Zenimax and Bethesda, we need this already) so that guild members can represent in Cyrodiil. And of course make it non tradeable guild specific, etc.

By them doing this, I can see a lot of options for guilds out there in Cyrodiil.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great addition for sure Hawke, that would make guilds have something to work together on, like an guild event.

My hope for the costume part is also, that with so many different gears out there, it would be great, being able to use it, so we wont see clones running around in the best gear possible down the road.

This will also make the creators work on gear design more appreciated, im example holding on to a lvl 10ish robe, I would love to use for vanity, and its a real shame I cant.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    You all make it sound like some Korean F2P game now. Costumes always cheapen a game.