Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Severe problems with game / quality

onlinegamer1
onlinegamer1
✭✭✭✭✭
This is how my play sessions typically go.

1. Talk to NPC to get a quest
2. Go to location of quest
3. Quest is bugged
4a. Log out/Log in
4b. Log out/Log in
4c. Log out/Log in
4d. Log out/Log in
5. Quest finally unbugs - complete objective
6. Get next objective
7. Go to location of next objective
8. Objective is bugged
9. Repeat steps 4a-4d
10. etc

I have officially logged in and out of the game MORE than I have actually played the game.

Buggiest. Game. Ever.

I've seen Free-to-play's with less bugs, much less something we're all paying for.
Please fix it.
  • Bweefk
    Bweefk
    ✭✭
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say its your rig causing the problems. I've only come across 1 bugged quest, and that's clearing every quest and solo dungeon in a zone before moving on. I'm in coldharbour now.

i think you should try to update your drivers and see if that fixes your problem.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've leveled through each starting zone and experienced one bug on one character where the NPC went missing, caused quite possibly by my doing something the script writer probably didn't expect. I've yet to find a missing/bugged objective.

I'm not disputing that there are many bugs in the quests however your post is clearly an exaggeration.
    Edited by KerinKor on April 14, 2014 12:27PM
  • mechasauce
    mechasauce
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately "onlinegamer1" its been 2 weeks since launch...there will be issues. Report the quest/bug and hope that it gets fixed in the next update.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it looks time to check if your PC is giving you problems because the rest of the world is fine
  • omimace
    omimace
    Soul Shriven
    I come across very few bugs these days and i also strive to complete all quests.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only ran into a bug that required relogging during the first week of play (maybe not even after early access). Are you sure you aren't just running into quests where the enemies have long respawn timers? That's much more common now, especially in higher level areas.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i almost 100% cleared my 3rd zone and only saw 1 bug lol
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    99% of questsworked for me.

The f2p you have seen had less content...
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upgrade your Pentium 3 powered PC.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your experience has not been mine. Losing my bank upgrades is the only major bug I've encountered. Well, that and not being able to loot rare fish when I catch them on my line. :(

Still, I've not had a single quest bug out on live. I know others have, and I expect to have that experience eventually, but if it's happening all the time to you, I'd give thought to why that's happening to you and not others.
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    99% of all quests are working fine for me and I have all eight character slots filled. I've heard people are getting a bank bug that deletes their paid-for extra spaces and items though, and guild chat was laggy and wonky last night, but that's all I can even think of.
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    I know others have, and I expect to have that experience eventually, but if it's happening all the time to you, I'd give thought to why that's happening to you and not others.

Its happening to 1000s of players. I go to a quest, any quest, and find at least 3-5 other players having to relog to fix it just as I am. Every quest. So, its not just me, or my PC (top end PC + gfx card). Its clearly the game.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I ran across poor design features that adversely affect quests (a 5 minute spawn timer on boxes everyone needs for a quest?? ouch!), but I've come across only one or two bugs from a quest.

I've definitely seen far more design impedances than bug blockings.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    I know others have, and I expect to have that experience eventually, but if it's happening all the time to you, I'd give thought to why that's happening to you and not others.

Its happening to 1000s of players. I go to a quest, any quest, and find at least 3-5 other players having to relog to fix it just as I am. Every quest. So, its not just me, or my PC (top end PC + gfx card). Its clearly the game.

Either you're exaggerating horribly, or it really is your problem. No one is experiencing bugs on every quest, and the phasing bugs (which require a relog) are pretty much entirely gone.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    I had a quest bug on me yesterday in Eastmarch. I tried the relog thing several times but it still would not spawn the guy I was supposed to chase/confront. There was about 20 other players waiting around as well, everyone reloggin and doing the "where is he" dance....oh those F'n lutes....
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zakua wrote: »
    I had a quest bug on me yesterday in Eastmarch. I tried the relog thing several times but it still would not spawn the guy I was supposed to chase/confront. There was about 20 other players waiting around as well, everyone reloggin and doing the "where is he" dance....oh those F'n lutes....

Guarantee you that it was a long respawn timer, which is not fixed by a relog. You just have to wait for those.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only found one quest in Glenumbra like that. Didn't see any in Stonefalls that required that (though there were a couple that were bugged in need of dev intervention).

Really this 'every quest' thing and '1000s of players' makes me think...you're full of it.
    Edited by Shimond on April 14, 2014 2:18PM
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've run into a number of bugs; I've never had the level of issues you describe though by YMMV. I am running a decent gaming rig: i7, GTX 780, SSD boot & game install, 16 GB RAM, et al.. I mention my rig as some have suggested yours may be a problem; and I can safely say that there are genuine bugs in the game, so I would be less inclined to think its your system so long as it meets the minimum system requirements: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/storefaq
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Level 21 here...no bugged quests so far.
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Glenumbra I have 2 quests that still need fixed.
    While in Glenumbra, I did log in/out a great number of times for anchors and events/dungeons.

Stormhaven... Can't remember any bugged quests. All of them were completed and I have the achievement for questing/skyshards.

Rivenspire... Worked through that area too, and the one bugged quest I found I managed to fix by logging out and in once... and having players nearby who backed off the NPC to force him to re-spawn.

I've played buggier MMORPGs. Lost entire characters, and had to restart entire chains of quests because of a bug.

In ESO... I fall through the world, or get my camera stuck... Some puzzles/achievements don't work right... but I can always come back for those later. They don't halt my progression, just postpone my completionist agenda.

Which is usually more aggravating than getting blocked on progression. My NEED and ADDICTION remain unfulfilled, so I start to rage, whine, and rant.

But that is hardly the game's issue, eh? It is my problem, and I take it out on the game and these forums.
    Edited by liquid_wolf on April 14, 2014 3:07PM