Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

My opinion, PvP deployment is working just fine

mandrakethebard_ESO
Okay. I've seem numerous people whining, yes *whining*, since Beta about how long it takes to get from place to place in Cyrodiil and how that ruins the PvP experience, etc, etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. I've also seen a *few* people who registered polite and reasoned opinions on the same theme, and I've withheld any comment because I'm not a person who particularly loves PvP, and it was awhile before I got around to trying it.

Having now had a chance to participate in a full-scale war, I'm now ready to weigh in... it's working just fine as it is. This is, of course, just my opinion but lemme explain myself anyway.

(1) I went into the experience solo, no guild, and with no equipment. I was just planning to help out wherever I could and earn a few Alliance points... so I had none of the advantages of a group who could help me out.

(2) I was learning everything as I went, so I didn't even have a good handle on how to use the transitus shrines at first.

(3) I got killed a lot, because I tended to get singled out by the enemy by doiing a lot of damage in a short time, but not having coordinated backup.

(4) I had absolutely no Grand Soul Gems available.

Despite these lacks on my part, I experienced none of the endless running back and forth that some people have complained about. Whenever I fell, I revived at our rear base, went straight to the transitus shrine, then teleported forward to the nearest base still connected to our network. It then took only a few minutes to find myself back in the thick of things, often accompanied by a small horde of people doing the same thing.

Great fun, no problem. In fact, it's quite immersive and creates a lot of tactical involvement as disconnected groups try to reconnect with the rest of the army. It also creates a massive strategic importance in how one group expands and either tries to cut off the enemy or avoid being cut off themselves.

I acknowledge that not everyone may be willing to accept even a moment of respite in their bloodlust, but it consistently took this completely unsupported and unprepared flea only a few minutes at a time to get back to the front. I just don't see a problem here, and I'm looking forward to maybe getting some enjoyment from PvP for the very first time in all my years of playing MMOs. Kudos to the devs.
  • Captainkrunch96
    Captainkrunch96
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it is fine. but forward camps could use a few more respawns(I was thinking it should be 40 rather than 20). also, people realize there is the transitus shrine network right?
    Options
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing pvp for most of the weekend, and I agree having to run back into the fight is not a problem.
    Options