The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to buy ESO Plus or Morrowind with PayPal without Credit Card

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to buy it from ZOS website now when it's on sale.
I want to buy with Paypal, I have more than enough money on Paypal.
When I try to finalise transaction Paypal demands from me to add a credit card to PP account.
I don't have and won't have a credit card any time, so pls. don't even write such advice if you wish to help.

I'm a bit upset with this, so the question is, how can I buy Morrowind easily without credit card?
Is the requirement from Paypal some their new feature, that is unfriendly for the customers? Last time I ordered ESO PLUS on Paypal there was no such stupid demand, I paid without cc.
I'm not going to register any credit card on Paypal, it's a pure nonsense to register it on Paypal. If I had to pay with credit card I wouldn't need Paypal.
Any wise solution? From you ZOS maybe? Money is waiting and the willingness to pay is decreasing with each problem.

Edit: updated thread title.
Edited by Gargath on July 14, 2018 2:42PM
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't buy direct from the zos website? Check out green man gaming (they are legit) maybe. Just be careful to make sure you get a normal zos code and not a steam code
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not directly from the zos website? I don't know/trust green man gaming. So far I trusted ZOS, should I not trust anymore? The question is if the cc requirement comes from ZOS or Paypal and ZOS has nothing to do and cannot do anything.

Also, my 6 month ESO PLUS ends in next 2 weeks and I'm ready to elongate it more but - also if it's available to pay with Paypal without Credit Card. If there is no way for this I won't buy the next period which is sad.

I hope it's something that ZOS treats with appropriate care and works on this.
    Edited by Gargath on November 24, 2017 11:56PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE ?
    The solutions from mod would mean you do care and want to help.

Edit:
    To let you know I already cancelled my ESO Plus recurring membership now and it ends in 18 days.
    If I have no chance to pay for next months without Credit Card...
    Edited by Gargath on November 25, 2017 5:46PM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the same today and the same BS, can someone from ZOS look at their own info given on Support, stating that when using PayPal there is no need for credit card. And then verify with PayPal whether it is true or not?
    Because they still force to verify credit card, screenshots below to confirm.

ErGkFHV.jpg
    gZNRRMt.jpg
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Gargath

We have sent you a PM regarding the support ticket you've opened about this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • lzwseus
    lzwseus
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, czech rep.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried to buy crown from paypal.
    I have enough funds on paypal, and the purchase still wants a credit card.
    From Austria here.

steam purchases work fine, so it shouldnt be a problem from paypals side

Any way to fix this before th crown sale ends?
    @ZOS_BillE
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt there will be any fix to this. ZOS Support claims they do not know why PayPal demands credit card's verification, while the PayPal claims that the requirement for verification was set up by ZOS on their PayPal account. ZOS has no reply for that statement. Either way you can't be sure where is the truth, but PayPal is no longer an payment method.

You can try contact Mykael from ZOS Support, he could help you to solve this issue, just like he took care of my issue.
    Happy New Year!
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news?

My PayPal has the required balance, but it won't accept it until I link a credit card in there. What gives? I bought many things online just fine, but why is this one requires credit card to proceed while I have enough balance in my Paypal to cover it
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you had to ask, it seems there was no change :(. I won't even dare to check my PayPal (which in fact I totally gave up with after last issues with ESO+). Few months passed and my subscription also ended yersterday.

I would buy few months but when I think I'd have to buy again via the PaySafeCard (https://www.wkv.com/) and loose some of my money just because they charge fees for every coupon and the coupons have fixed amounts, not equal to the subscription fee, it turns me against the whole process :| .
  • imbotier
    imbotier
    ✭✭
    Same here.
    Spotify has the same problem, but it will pay if you have more than 100 bucks on your paypal.
    So maybe its the same with TESO, they request if you have enough money on your account for "safety" reasons.
    i.d.k.

Blood and glory for Malacath!