Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ALT TAB from Full Screen

c363b
c363b
✭✭✭
Since the latest Windows 10 feature update, when I ALT TAB to another application from full screen ESO, the window for the other application opens in a small window in the left upper corner of the screen instead of to its previously set size. Is there some Windows setting that would restore the previous behavior of opening those windows at their normal sizes?
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on a laptop with Microsoft’s swipe capabilities by any chance?

Also inb4 ‘Alt F4 works really well’
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    Saelent wrote: »
    Are you on a laptop with Microsoft’s swipe capabilities by any chance?

Also inb4 ‘Alt F4 works really well’

The problem is on my desktop computer, running Windows 10 Pro. My laptop with Windows 10 Home doesn't have this problem.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    c363b wrote: »
    Since the latest Windows 10 feature update, when I ALT TAB to another application from full screen ESO, the window for the other application opens in a small window in the left upper corner of the screen instead of to its previously set size. Is there some Windows setting that would restore the previous behavior of opening those windows at their normal sizes?

You need to provide more information as there many different version of upgrades today depending on what you did update.

Use Windows Start (key with windows flag symbol), write winver and press return and you should see windows version you are running right now. It will only give an indication for what kind of updates that are running, for that you need to look up history in Windows Update. Winver is short for Windows version and is a command (execute) in windows that show you this.

Do you run game in fullscreen, windowed fullscreen or Borderless from settings in game?

In general you can change size by combining Windows Start and arrow keys for apps size on screen.

//RexyCat
    Edited by RexyCat on August 3, 2019 5:52PM
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    RexyCat wrote: »
    c363b wrote: »

You need to provide more information as there many different version of upgrades today depending on what you did update.

Use Windows Start (key with windows flag symbol), write winver and press return and you should see windows version you are running right now. It will only give an indication for what kind of updates that are running, for that you need to look up history in Windows Update. Winver is short for Windows version and is a command (execute) in windows that show you this.

Do you run game in fullscreen, windowed fullscreen or Borderless from settings in game?

In general you can change size by combining Windows Start and arrow keys for apps size on screen.

//RexyCat

Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362.267)

Fullscreen.