Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Closest build to an elementalist/elemental master?

electric_emu
Hi there. So I want to build a character that resembles an elementalist or elemental master (even if only loosely). The role he falls into isn't too important and I'm comfortable with anything. DK gets Ardent Flame and Earthen Heart, which works for fire and earth. I have no idea what I should do for air and water. Sorcerer gets a lot of lightning, which is nice if you wanna count that as air (or fire). Scratching my head... ideas? Also I apologize if this is the wrong forum o.o
  • twnakita
    twnakita
    ✭✭✭
    I believe they're adding Spellcrafting soon. So maybe you'll be able to look forward to that. :)
    Katessa
    Ebonheart Pact
    NA Server
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now I think DK is probably the best for that, simply because they cover two elements pretty well. You could couple that with a restoration staff (healing for "water").

And it's an MMO. Keep zone chat on and you'll get all the air you'd ever want. ;-)
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    DK with Ice and Lightning staves as weapons? Seems the best option at this stage.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Rofaka
    Rofaka
    ✭✭✭
    A DK with lighting enchanted weapons or even dual wielding lighting and frost enchanted weapons may be something you are interested in?
  • electric_emu
    I hadn't thought of a dual wielding DK. That works well enough, thanks :smile:
  • joester7223b14a_ESO
    i had the same idea to build an elementalist.. although after a while of thinking i came up with this... Sorcerer is the class you pick because u gain access to storm call and use a finisher like mages fury which in my opinion is air. then dark magic offers up the crystal shot which is almost like ur gathering up rocks and shooting or using the 4.5 sec snare which looks like the earth came up and grabbed them. now u use an ice staff to get access to the water elements and i preferably use impulse because its one of the best destro staff skills. and for your fire element u use the maages guild fire rune which i morphed into volcanic rune. 5th slot skill i usually run magelight for crit chance or u can run the sorc teleport so u can escape. ultimate u can choose whatever. but this basically uses all the elements and ive fallen in love with how i use it. ill give u an idea for pvp how i use my skills.

first i start with encase( dark magic looks like earth) immobilizes enemies. then ill throw my volcanic run on them and either teleport in with bolt escape or just run up. then i use impulse a few times good chance to snare and the 10% reduce health is nice. then if the get low enough health ill spam mages fury or ill repeat my skill use. these skills all have great crowd control which is how many fights are won in teso. the only problem u have with this build is healing which i run destro resto staff and i cover healing with resto staff. if u are in need of a heal immobalize stun or knock up ur opponent and switch.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there. So I want to build a character that resembles an elementalist or elemental master (even if only loosely). The role he falls into isn't too important and I'm comfortable with anything. DK gets Ardent Flame and Earthen Heart, which works for fire and earth. I have no idea what I should do for air and water. Sorcerer gets a lot of lightning, which is nice if you wanna count that as air (or fire). Scratching my head... ideas? Also I apologize if this is the wrong forum o.o

I had a very similar idea about a year ago, but never pursued it to completion. I have now more or less finished it, just this week. Please take a look and let me know what you guys think.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/487728/elemental-my-dear-fellow-fantasy-build/p1?new=1

Yes I am aware that this is a very old thread... but you never know, these folks may still be around and interested!
    Edited by Grianasteri on August 2, 2019 11:31AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elemental Succession 5-piece is getting buffed this coming Update 23, @Grianasteri. Something to consider if you or @electric_emu are still looking for a back bar set.

Another fun option is running a Winterborn Inferno Staff with Frost Enchant. Occasionally, you’ll get the Winterborn snare at the end of the Flame Reach (Clench) knockback. More fun in PvP than PvE maybe ... since it’s single target. Winterborn weapons are difficult to farm, however, so be prepared for that (if you decide on it).
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elemental Succession 5-piece is getting buffed this coming Update 23, @Grianasteri. Something to consider if you or @electric_emu are still looking for a back bar set.

Another fun option is running a Winterborn Inferno Staff with Frost Enchant. Occasionally, you’ll get the Winterborn snare at the end of the Flame Reach (Clench) knockback. More fun in PvP than PvE maybe ... since it’s single target. Winterborn weapons are difficult to farm, however, so be prepared for that (if you decide on it).

Thanks for commenting!

I did consider the elemental succession set, it sounds interesting. I was however concerned with how short the proc is, 4 or 5 seconds? And I felt that as its not controllable so the wrong buff may proc at the wrong time... because I am shifting through my skills as a execute my rotation its likely I would not actually benefit fully from the proc half the time. I wonder if there are details of how it is being buffed somewhere?

Id love to try Winterborn along with Caluurion, I have a few pieces now, but its a work in progress! As you say, a difficult farm! It would be interesting to compare results of Winterborn vs Icy Conjuror. At any rate, Icy Conjuror seems thematically on the money as you can see a lovely icy wraith attack your enemies!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if there are details of how it is being buffed somewhere?

You can read the PTS patch notes. Here’s the main PTS discussion thread for Elemental Succession testing. Looks like one player was getting a 60%+ uptime on all three elements ... on a Magicka Necromancer of all classes. And, the cooldown is still bugged. It’ll be improved to 4 seconds when the changes go Live.

I did some testing myself on my Warden Ice Mage with good results. But, that’s primarily a PvP character ... so we’d be comparing apples to oranges.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/487292/elemental-succession-changes/p1
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 2, 2019 5:21PM