Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp Nightcapping idea

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People playing when they have time to play is one thing. People who set their alarm clocks to wake back up and play, when the people who kill them are off are NIGHTCAPPERS.

No.

All they are doing is adjusting their offence to maximise the impact of your defensive weaknesses.

Every faction has equal access to the server, 24/7.

Recognising a weakness in an opponent and adjusting your strategy to exploit that weakness is not a bad thing - it is how every successful military campaign EVER has been won.

So side A has players setting alarm clocks to capture stuff when side B is under represented.
    So what?

Seems like the smart move to me - as long as it within the rules of the game as defined by ZoS, and it is.

Asking for the rules to be changed to cover a weakness in your side sounds... ...well entitled to me.

All The Best

Yeah I reckon it’s a weakness when NPC’s are the only ones really defending the map. I suppose that’s why some Zerglings approach PvP (sorry PVDOOR) like a trial lmao. To each his own lol.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on July 30, 2019 2:19PM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    Its 5 o clock somewhere. ...

Oh, my ale is dear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpUrZ2J6tkA
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only solution to night capping and population imbalance is dynamic population caps.

Would be wildly unpopular and people will hate it but it is the only way to ensure even numbers and a fair fight 24/7.

The only way.

Beta tester November 2013
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    I have an idea for night-capping.

Accept that roughly half the planet (geographically) has a different day/night cycle to you, and therefore what you call "night capping" some people call "normal day time".

Accept that during your day, you are the <insert emotional expletive> night-capper for the people you accuse of night-capping.

Accept that it makes perfect strategic and tactical sense to assault you enemy's bases when he is at his weakest.

Finally, accept that if you can't accept the three points above its time to quit PvP.

All The Best

People playing when they have time to play is one thing. People who set their alarm clocks to wake back up and play, when the people who kill them are off are NIGHTCAPPERS.

Deny it all you want. Defend it all you can; but, nightcapping happens. Oddly enough, none of the people doing it come to the forums and defend it.

People nightcap to go emp, similar to how people go emp on empty campaigns. People nightcap to actually KILL people. Even the most glorified ball Zergs ultimately end up dead in a field in primetime. Dead to a bunch of pugs no less. That’s why there’s these frenzied 24v1’s in the middle of the night lol.

Aside from the no-life marathon that is Emperorship (by design), who the heck wakes themself up from a perfectly good night sleep to play PVP?

Seriously?

The vast majority of so called nightcappers are people living in different timezones or play at night due to work schedules. And you know it.

I don't think I'm unusual when I say that I like winning the campaign, but I'm not going to set my alarm clock to wake me up at 2 in the morning in order to do so...

Jumpman’s AD friend told him that some guilds set alarms to nightcap, so it must be true.

First, I didn’t ask. She just mentioned it in passing. Second, in a huff with someone else, she rattled off who did and who didn’t, and ALL the guilds them fools are in and whether such nightcapping was an official guild outing or not.

Me personally? I didn’t care. Are those fools ACTUALLY setting alarms to play when the campaign is empty of human competition? That’s beside the point.

The POINT is quite a lot of people who play primetime in NA, log into empty campaigns KNOWINGLY, to get emp, trade it, run up the scores, score kills, actually KILL somebody. I unno wtf they are doing it for lol.

Nightcapping exists. Beyond a certain point to deny it is being disingenuous. (Ya lying hehehehe). At least you sort of kinda try to defend it; but, your defensiveness about defending the practice is a little telling...
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Accept that roughly half the planet (geographically) has a different day/night cycle to you, and therefore what you call "night capping" some people call "normal day time".

Accept that during your day, you are the <insert emotional expletive> night-capper for the people you accuse of night-capping.

Accept that it makes perfect strategic and tactical sense to assault you enemy's bases when he is at his weakest.

Finally, accept that if you can't accept the three points above its time to quit PvP.

All The Best

Deny it all you want. Defend it all you can; but, nightcapping happens. Oddly enough, none of the people doing it come to the forums and defend it.

People nightcap to go emp, similar to how people go emp on empty campaigns. People nightcap to actually KILL people. Even the most glorified ball Zergs ultimately end up dead in a field in primetime. Dead to a bunch of pugs no less. That’s why there’s these frenzied 24v1’s in the middle of the night lol.

Nah.. its timezones.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

All The Best

Aside from the no-life marathon that is Emperorship (by design), who the heck wakes themself up from a perfectly good night sleep to play PVP?

Seriously?

The vast majority of so called nightcappers are people living in different timezones or play at night due to work schedules. And you know it.

I don't think I'm unusual when I say that I like winning the campaign, but I'm not going to set my alarm clock to wake me up at 2 in the morning in order to do so...

Jumpman’s AD friend told him that some guilds set alarms to nightcap, so it must be true.

First, I didn’t ask. She just mentioned it in passing. Second, in a huff with someone else, she rattled off who did and who didn’t, and ALL the guilds them fools are in and whether such nightcapping was an official guild outing or not.

Me personally? I didn’t care. Are those fools ACTUALLY setting alarms to play when the campaign is empty of human competition? That’s beside the point.

The POINT is quite a lot of people who play primetime in NA, log into empty campaigns KNOWINGLY, to get emp, trade it, run up the scores, score kills, actually KILL somebody. I unno wtf they are doing it for lol.

Nightcapping exists. Beyond a certain point to deny it is being disingenuous. (Ya lying hehehehe). At least you sort of kinda try to defend it; but, your defensiveness about defending the practice is a little telling...

I’m not “defending” nightcapping; I’m merely expressing doubt over the veracity of your friend’s claim that AD sets alarms to nightcap on empty maps.

In the extremely unlikely event that what your friend says is true, what’s stopping members of your alliance from setting alarms as well to defend these supposedly undefended keeps?
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's only one solution here.

Become nocturnal.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's only one solution here.

Become nocturnal.

I tried that once. She's still PO'ed at me because I ruined her plans in Summerset. :)
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    The only solution to night capping and population imbalance is

to accept is happens and adapt to it, or let it beat you.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭

How can you prove that is what people are doing?

If you think these people are so bad that they are dodging primetime and altering sleep schedules in order to play on an empty map and fight NPCs to turn the entire map one color in 30 minutes, then set an alarm clock too and go wipe them.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get a sense of motivation from ZOS.
    Obviously, ZOS has no intention of making the game fun.

Is PvDoor night camping group the key to victory of Cyrodiil?

Stupid! Cyrodiil is trash game.
    But, ZOS does not never change it.

Why?

Because it does not make money.
    ZOS is crazy about making crown items & DLC.

*sigh*
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shanehere wrote: »

How can you prove that is what people are doing?

If you think these people are so bad that they are dodging primetime and altering sleep schedules in order to play on an empty map and fight NPCs to turn the entire map one color in 30 minutes, then set an alarm clock too and go wipe them.

Nah, I’m not saying folks dodge primetime to nightcap. Personally, I just figured some people played all day everyday. Someone who plays WITH these people told me that the folks set alarms to play at certain times when the campaign was dead otherwise. That’s immaterial.

I go out and fight these dudes anyways. I’ll fight them at the skyshards if that’s all that’s left. Some folks log. I think it makes you better fighting outnumbered. I’m not complaining lol.
  • Heady
    Heady
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dirty night cappers
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop trying to mess with my easy AP seriously. Just stop.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Stop trying to mess with my easy AP seriously. Just stop.

You could always brawl for your AP...or fight NPcs for your AP. In the end AP is AP lol.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no such thing as night capping, when it's "your night" it someone else's prime time.....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All The Best

This is all simply false. Each server has a "home." So for the NA server, NA hours are the server's home hours. For the EU server, those time zones are its home hours. So each server has its peak (day/evening) hours and off-peak hours. Those are based on the server's home time zones. Making PvP pushes during off-peak hours is therefore accurately referred to as nightcapping. And a much smaller population being able to determine the campaign outcome is not okay, in any way. So off-peak hours should simply give heavily reduced alliance score (keep the AP the same). Those are the only points that need to be accepted, everything you brought up is pure and complete hogwash.
    Edited by MojaveHeld on August 1, 2019 10:01PM
  • Heady
    Heady
    ✭✭✭✭
    MojaveHeld wrote: »

All The Best

This is all simply false. Each server has a "home." So for the NA server, NA hours are the server's home hours. For the EU server, hose time zones are its home hours. So each server has its peak (day/evening) hours and off-peak hours. Those are based on the server's home time zones. Making PvP pushes during off-peak hours is therefore accurately referred to as nightcapping. And a much smaller population being able to determine the campaign outcome is not okay, in any way. So off-peak hours should simply give heavily reduced alliance score (keep the AP the same). Those are the only points that need to be accepted, everything you brought up is pure and complete hogwash.

What’s that it’s 5pm for me i am such a dirty night capper
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All The Best

This is all simply false. Each server has a "home." So for the NA server, NA hours are the server's home hours. For the EU server, those time zones are its home hours. So each server has its peak (day/evening) hours and off-peak hours. Those are based on the server's home time zones. Making PvP pushes during off-peak hours is therefore accurately referred to as nightcapping. And a much smaller population being able to determine the campaign outcome is not okay, in any way. So off-peak hours should simply give heavily reduced alliance score (keep the AP the same). Those are the only points that need to be accepted, everything you brought up is pure and complete hogwash.

You know what really grinds my gears? The campaign being decided by those who play during peak hours when I can't play. Peak hours PvP is usually full of ineffectual mindless zergs, it doesn't deserve to be the deciding factor.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Sir,

I accept that the bottom half of the planet is on a different time line.
    I live down under. This conversation is not for personal benefit.
    There are also a very small amount of people here vs the population sunnyside up. It is not overly fair that a few of us can change the outcome of a campaign due to where the sun is for us.
    When all 3 sides are zerging during northern daytime the numbers are balanced -that is fair.
    What I suggested is a limit to how much stacking of population can go on in the four hours that are currently being milked by certain guilds - 2 bars instead of 3. That is not a handicap -that is a more even playing field. It would also help northern members of guilds on stacking factions not be pressured into becoming insomniacs.
    Edited by merevie on August 2, 2019 4:50AM
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You snooze, you lose.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s crazy, right? Americans keep night capping all the stuff that Australians do during the day.

And those Australians keep nightcapping everything that Americans do during the day.

We Americans should be limited to the amount of resources that we can take- so as to not ruin the campaign progress that Australians have made during their day. /s

See how that’s ridiculous when you look at it from another country’s point of view?

Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s crazy, right? Americans keep night capping all the stuff that Australians do during the day.

And those Australians keep nightcapping everything that Americans do during the day.

We Americans should be limited to the amount of resources that we can take- so as to not ruin the campaign progress that Australians have made during their day. /s

See how that’s ridiculous when you look at it from another country’s point of view?

It's not ridiculous. Nobody is saying Aussies shouldn't get AP, just that it should be relative to the difficulty and reflect the comparative populations. If DC have 3 bars to 1 at 11pm in the USA their AP should be similarly curtailed. These comparisons to actual warfare are redundant. Taking an undefended village is not as strategically important as capturing a fully manned garrison.
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not ridiculous. Nobody is saying Aussies shouldn't get AP, just that it should be relative to the difficulty and reflect the comparative populations. If DC have 3 bars to 1 at 11pm in the USA their AP should be similarly curtailed. These comparisons to actual warfare are redundant. Taking an undefended village is not as strategically important as capturing a fully manned garrison.

Why attack a fully defended outpost when you can capture the surrounding villages and starve them out?

If DC have 3 bars and AD and EP only have one, AD and EP should get more players on. If DC can do it so can they.

If people are so concerned about 'night capping' that they want the developers to intervene, why not do something about it yourself?

Put together your own anti-night cap team to fight back the evil cheaters. But be careful not to take any keeps yourself, lest you become the very night cappers you so despise.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordGavus wrote: »

Why attack a fully defended outpost when you can capture the surrounding villages and starve them out?

If DC have 3 bars and AD and EP only have one, AD and EP should get more players on. If DC can do it so can they.

If people are so concerned about 'night capping' that they want the developers to intervene, why not do something about it yourself?

Put together your own anti-night cap team to fight back the evil cheaters. But be careful not to take any keeps yourself, lest you become the very night cappers you so despise.

You’re trying to use logic with people who can’t be reasoned with. ;)

Nightcapping is a convenient scapegoat people use to explain why their alliance is losing. If nightcapping was the scourge that these guys claim it is, there’d 100% be people out there trying to stop it or (at the very least) trying to capitalize on all the free AP they could earn from all the supposedly “bad” PvDooring players who can’t win during the complainers’ prime time.
    Edited by Aurielle on August 2, 2019 1:29PM
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I challenge the basic premise here. "Night-capping" is only "night" where you live. I know it's an NA server, but it's also the best server, so plenty of non-North Americans play this game.

"Night capping" is not a real problem...it's the result of a game with a player base all over the world and 24 hour campaigns.

Let's get on with the pressing issues, like these stoopid bears blocking writ boxes xD

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msalvia wrote: »
    I challenge the basic premise here. "Night-capping" is only "night" where you live. I know it's an NA server, but it's also the best server, so plenty of non-North Americans play this game.

"Night capping" is not a real problem...it's the result of a game with a player base all over the world and 24 hour campaigns.

Let's get on with the pressing issues, like these stoopid bears blocking writ boxes xD

Im in N/A pacific time zone. I like to play early in the morning before my boyfriend wakes up and complains i'm playing ESO. I like to play at around 7am PST.... Which happens to be 4am EST.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All alliances have access to playing in the off hours, if any there should be an incentive to go on in the 'off' hours.
    it can't be that an alliance is comfortably leaning back outside 'primetime', because more active alliances will get capped for there fighting-spirit.

Maybe Alliance AP should count double in 'off' hours.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also used to be a GOT capper. lol
    I always watched GOT later.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is all simply false. Each server has a "home." So for the NA server, NA hours are the server's home hours.

So?

I know American players who work shift patterns that mean that every other week their "prime time" play time is your "stop the dirty night-capper" time.

Most 1st World economies run 24/7, that means that some people will always be in their "prime leisure time" when you are asleep.

No game company in their right mind that offers a 24/7 service is EVER going to say to those people "yeah, well, your prime time is not prime time for @MojaveHeld so we'll limit your XP, AP and enjoyment when he is not logged in" - which is essentially what you are asking for.

Just accept so called "night capping"* going to happen whether you like it or not.
    Those are your choices really.

*: actually means "some people play at different times to me, that's so not fair"

All The Best

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 2, 2019 8:06PM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.