Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did you forget about console?

SillyGT
SillyGT
✭✭✭✭
Is console every going to receive the bash nerfs?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully with Scalebreaker. Until then, my chars are officially on an extended hiatus from Cyrodiil. Basher cheese is ubiquitous and infuriating.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new theory is that they just didn't want to do the work required to push another patch through the certification process for console, so they decided to let us suffer with their broken bash necro design for a couple months after PC got a fix.

Rather than tell us this, or any other reason, they haven't spoken a single word as to why console is getting this second-class treatment.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Y'all could still try and make this right by at least communicating with us at least once after we've asked for comment on this issue dozens of times.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA this a huge problem. Pvp on collnsole is unplayable because 1 out of 3 people are a Pummeling Goliaths. Why are we not in line with hot fixes and updates on pc? It’s not new dlc. PLEASE look into this, pvp as stated in other comments are not fun and entertaining in any way.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The changes to Bash and Pummeling Goliath will be included in the next console update with Update 23 (August 27).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new theory is that they just didn't want to do the work required to push another patch through the certification process for console, so they decided to let us suffer with their broken bash necro design for a couple months after PC got a fix.

Rather than tell us this, or any other reason, they haven't spoken a single word as to why console is getting this second-class treatment.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Y'all could still try and make this right by at least communicating with us at least once after we've asked for comment on this issue dozens of times.
    The changes to Bash and Pummeling Goliath will be included in the next console update with Update 23 (August 27).

So I was right?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So I was right?

Technically probably yes. However I seriously doubt it was as simple as, "ah $&+# it - we'll do it later"

Knowing PS and Microsoft - they require so much it's literally not logical to do it for every little thing
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hey everyone,

We've seen your feedback and concerns about the Pummeling Goliath ability and the detrimental impact it is currently having in PvP content. As a result, we have some significant changes coming for the ability and other related mechanics in next week's incremental patch. Watch for full details in the patch notes on Monday. :smile:

This was post for Pc users.

We understand that this was overpowered. So we are going to let console users abuse it for a little longer for the sake of selling the expansion.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

So I was right?

Technically probably yes. However I seriously doubt it was as simple as, "ah $&+# it - we'll do it later"

Knowing PS and Microsoft - they require so much it's literally not logical to do it for every little thing

I know it all comes down to resource allocation, but I would hope that they would value giving console players more fair treatment and hence spend whatever time/manpower was necessary to fix the stupidly overpowered bash necro for us as well.

To acknowledge that it was so bad that it required a hotfix, but to only give the fix to PC players and force console players to live with ZOS's mistake for another two months is just a slap in the face to a huge portion of their community.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was so hard to say eh ZOS
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop 👏 giving 👏 money 👏 to 👏 this 👏 joke 👏 of a 👏 company
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You’re kidding me? We have to deal with this crap for another month?
    Pc has had their fix A MONTH AGO.
    SO NOW CONSOLE HAS TO SUFFER THROUGH THIS CRAP LONGER! Are you that careless and out of touch with the game that you just screw console aside. Shows your lack of priorities. Bet if it wasn’t the crownstore issue you’d fix it ASAP.
    Bravo ZOS bravo, you never fail to come up with more ways to *** everyone off
    Edited by frostz417 on August 1, 2019 6:58PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »

That was so hard to say eh ZOS

Yea only took them a damn month to tell us we have to wait another month for this to be fixed. Good work zos. Screw us console folk.
    Edited by frostz417 on August 1, 2019 6:57PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the ever so timely information. Top notch communications here.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a bad feeling the fix would be pushed ahead to the next DLC. Guess I won’t be logging in much over the next month...

I really wish that the PTS was an actual testing server and not a glorified preview server yielding few changes before a patch goes live. Pummeling Goliath should have never launched in the state that it did. Any developer with an even basic understanding of how PVP works in this game should have seen its potential for abuse and listened to player feedback. But no... And now, thanks to the lengthy patch certification process on console, we’re stuck with this completely broken skill for ANOTHER month. Ridiculous.

My money is officially going to other games this month. I’m also kicking myself for not cancelling my sub before it auto-renewed a few days ago.
    Edited by Aurielle on August 1, 2019 8:34PM
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    What absolute garbage News.... How can you guys be okay with this as a company?
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else read the title as:
    “Did you forget about Dre?”
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    They haven’t got enough sales for necro on console so they’re gonna hold out another month for the nerf. Typical Zo$.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is such a joke. Bash has literally ruined PvP on Xbox na, so nice seeing this companies priorities.
    Edited by frostz417 on August 4, 2019 12:26AM
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    More and more people are jumping to this bash meta. Pvp on console is unbelievable because every other person you fight is a pummeling Goliath. Really this is a huge problem it’s not an enjoyable experience. Countless people are legitimately quitting the game because how bad of a problem it is.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If console users ate more tacos, maybe ZoS would pay more attention to them.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of the first few times bash got nerfed.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point the pvp community in eso has proven over the years that they’ll exploit anything if given the chance to. It’s Zos fault but it’s also the fault of the people who can’t help themselves and choose to exploit things.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »
    More and more people are jumping to this bash meta. Pvp on console is unbelievable because every other person you fight is a pummeling Goliath. Really this is a huge problem it’s not an enjoyable experience. Countless people are legitimately quitting the game because how bad of a problem it is.

Yea they're running around with 10 healers and 3 bash bros. Kinda ruining everyone's fun.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on August 5, 2019 2:36AM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, al off August is a pathetic date. Im hardly upset with them. Im more ticked off that we have thousands of players telling them it's ok by throwing money at thier feet.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. It’s dumb AF, and I’m not playing in Cyro again (or playing ESO, period) until it’s fixed.

svLCKZp.jpg

This guy was hitting me on average for 6k every 0.5 seconds on a healer with 35k phys/mag resistance. By the time I broke free of his stun, I was dead. Now imagine the same thing on an 18k resistance damage dealer in light or medium armour...
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Yup. It’s dumb AF, and I’m not playing in Cyro again (or playing ESO, period) until it’s fixed.

svLCKZp.jpg

This guy was hitting me on average for 6k every 0.5 seconds on a healer with 35k phys/mag resistance. By the time I broke free of his stun, I was dead. Now imagine the same thing on an 18k resistance damage dealer in light or medium armour...

Ive seen 10k
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    If console users ate more tacos, maybe ZoS would pay more attention to them.

I'm doing my part.

PS4 taco eater here.

On topic, yeah, I've been taking a PvP break and doing PvE almost exclusively. The number of bash necros are ridiculous.

Unfortunately, that still comes with a boatload of issues.
    Edited by Kel on August 5, 2019 6:12PM
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »

svLCKZp.jpg

Ive seen 10k

Highest ive been hit by is 12k...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been entirely focused on inventory management.

And now I wish to add:

I'm an Xbox console player - let's compare the competition

BDO
    Um.........

Ok, now I'll compare it to my last purchased game: Anthem

Hrm....

As an Xbox player I think ESO is top notch

I also realize as an Xbox player I really got jack to choose from.
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 5, 2019 6:38PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been entirely focused on inventory management.

And now I wish to add:

I'm an Xbox console player - let's compare the competition

BDO
    Um.........

Ok, now I'll compare it to my last purchased game: Anthem

Hrm....

As an Xbox player I think ESO is top notch

I also realize as an Xbox player I really got jack to choose from.

Top notch. Lmao, it’s only good because it’s carried by the elder scrolls title and there’s absolutely 0 competition. If there was actual competition this game would be on the bottom.
    This joke of a game is the last thing from top notch.