Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

any suggestions for staying on vet difficulty?

slipnoose
slipnoose
I returned from a week vacation to find that suddenly, when I jump to maelstrom it takes me into normal. I leave, set dungeon difficulty to vet, go in.....to normal. I leave, set it again, wait a day, set it again to vet, jump in, and find myself in normal. After months of playing I was on theater of despair Vet, and now I can't get back to it. It keeps taking me to the beginning of normal maelstrom. Is there some other setting I am missing other than the dungeon setting for vet?
  • slipnoose
    slipnoose
    How did I not know about group having a setting also? I don't know. No one ever mentioned it, and I never had to reset to vet before. But that was it. I kept resetting dungeon difficulty but didn't realize that social, group, also had a difficulty setting. So long time player, longer time noob finally learned her lesson by scanning tons of reddit responses.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure to always take the quest for vMA (Vet Maelstrom), @slipnoose.

When you leave the Arena, it bookmarks the Stage you were in. It won’t save the specific round ... but you’ll still be able to start the Stage you were on when you left.