Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase - August 2019"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
0604a74ab30af89e03ef8f29e37f8292.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Crown Store Showcase - August 2019" blog article.

Wield the arms and armor of the Daedra, acquire previously unlocked Skill Lines, and charge into battle upon a fearsome Dragon-hunting mount with these exciting items all coming to the Crown Store in August.
Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why zos no longer shows previews of Undaunted Armor Packs weapons :'(
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, what a poor month and so many gem exclusives (a new trend?)... now I even regret buying crown packs when they were on sale last week cause there is literally nothing exciting to spend them on.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't like this road we are going down with the skill lines.
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyterror Dragonslayer Horse

"Dragon Hunters, take heed! This mount has received elite training that enables it to fearlessly stand fast even in Dragon breath. Some claim that the final, secret test of these mounts is what imbues their eyes with a blue glow."

For real? Like extra mount training? Or just good marketing?

Not that it matters, I suppose, since it doesnt do any good for thr mount to survive if the rider on it's back it burnt to a crisp...
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 1, 2019 2:31PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, way to low-key announce the Orsinium Celebration Event!
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you really are going to go through with the p2w skill lines? :|
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been looking forward to that white horse.

Very happy.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A gems exclusive? Lame....
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    White horse and jeboa <3 And return of peddler pets, bless from the divines. I also really hope that Dawnbreaker sword outfit IS a part of crown Meridian motif.
    Edited by TiaFrye on August 1, 2019 2:56PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever invented this gem exclusive thing, should be forced to buy his IRL food for crown gems :|
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Selling Skill Lines is a new low ZOS especially considering these will be able to be used in low level PVP against players who are not buying these. Terrible direction for this game.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Selling Skill Lines is a new low ZOS especially considering these will be able to be used in low level PVP against players who are not buying these. Terrible direction for this game.

They even included legerdemain :lol: Everything's for sale... :neutral:
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Is this right @ZOS_SarahHecker ?

"The Moon-Sugar Meadow home will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting on August 29. Furnished and unfurnished versions will be available."

Just asking as furnished version was not available on PTS
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow...what a craptastic month, and I'm usually able to find something positive in their showcases. Now, for new players or players who missed out on the crapton of returning items, it's a great month. For the rest of us, however, there's just a few limited-time items that are new, plus far too many gem exclusives. And the only "permanent" items added are the horse and pet that come with the upcoming DLC. Well, and Moon Sugar Meadow, which I have no interest in. But, since it appears to be a "permanent" addition, it might be priced ok for those that want it.

And, ESO+ members get deals on returning stuff and gambling. Yay?

This is the first time I think I've been genuinely disappointed in a Showcase. The only thing of moderate interest to me this month is the merchant costume, but whether I buy it depends on how it looks and how it's priced.

I guess it's a good thing to be saving crowns. Hopefully, there will be some things in future I'll want to spend them on.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna comment on the cash grab skill lines, but will the Elsweyr furniture pack that you guys recently pulled in the last minute be for sale any time soon? I and others don't want to wait for many months to get that furniture pack, just because you messed up with the Jode's Embrace house ...
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is sorely lacking in puppies. Now we get a bunch and they are gem exclusive? Boo, growl. :(
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not happy about the purchasable skill lines ... Not one bit..!

EDIT:
    Its prob's just been done to get people out the LFG system. Cuz' nobody is going to be leveling undaunted now.
    I think its a really REALLY bad move, and will give this game a p2w reputation.
    Edited by Starlight_Knight on August 1, 2019 3:51PM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this right @ZOS_SarahHecker ?

"The Moon-Sugar Meadow home will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms starting on August 29. Furnished and unfurnished versions will be available."

Just asking as furnished version was not available on PTS

Oops, you are correct in that is a typo. We'll update the article accordingly. Thanks!
    Staff Post
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:
    Its prob's just been done to get people out the LFG system. Cuz' nobody is going to be leveling undaunted now.

You have to level them and do the content once before being able to purchase them. So, it's not p2w. If you could make a new account and come out of character creation and immediately buy them? You'd have a point. Having a choice on whether to spend your time or your money isn't a bad thing.
    Edited by SirAxen on August 1, 2019 4:05PM
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »

EDIT:

You have to level them and do the content once before being able to purchase them. So, it's not p2w. If you could make a new account and come out of character creation and immediately buy them? You'd have a point. Having a choice on whether to spend your time or your money isn't a bad thing.

I know I'll probably buy the Psijic line for other characters, that's a bit of a pain. There isn't that much to it than running all over Tamriel and sealing breaches and then some minor story quests.

I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere but wouldn't buying a skill line in some cases cause you to lose out on a few things? The Thieves Guild line is normally leveled up by doing the stories. Many of the quests provide a skill point, I don't know if buying the skill line gives you credit for the skill points and story achievements. Also not sure if you automatically get the rewards, XP and gold each story provides.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Wow, what a poor month and so many gem exclusives (a new trend?)... now I even regret buying crown packs when they were on sale last week cause there is literally nothing exciting to spend them on.

ZOS is focusing more on Gem stuff, which means I have less reason to spend money at the ZOS cash register. Right?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey... @ZOS_SarahHecker ... can we get a new Achievement in the game?

"I actually earned my skills"

Make it come with a title so we can find each other.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Velidreth Arms Pack will be available on all platforms for a limited time from August 28 to September 25 at 10am EDT. During the same time period, the Velidreth Mask Style Page will have a chance to drop from the final boss in the Veteran Cradle of Shadows dungeon, and the Velidreth Shoulder Style Page will have a chance to drop from Urgarlag’s Mystery Coffer

Hey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker , can you confirm if these will be available from the Undaunted chests? Scalebreaker will be live at this time and I recall on PTS the chests were replaced by the Pledge Merchants.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:

It is still p2w for your new alts in under 50 BGs, stop defending these practices.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Velidreth Arms Pack will be available on all platforms for a limited time from August 28 to September 25 at 10am EDT. During the same time period, the Velidreth Mask Style Page will have a chance to drop from the final boss in the Veteran Cradle of Shadows dungeon, and the Velidreth Shoulder Style Page will have a chance to drop from Urgarlag’s Mystery Coffer

Hey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker , can you confirm if these will be available from the Undaunted chests? Scalebreaker will be live at this time and I recall on PTS the chests were replaced by the Pledge Merchants.

The chests will be replaced by the merchants, correct. You can still get the Shoulder Style drops from the Mystery Coffer by spending 1 key (which is essentially what you were doing at the Undaunted chests pre-Scalebreaker.)
    Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT:

It is still p2w for your new alts in under 50 BGs, stop defending these practices.
    I agree. I have posted similar conclusion somewhere else on forums. What bothers me is this:

Lets assume that:
    Player A creates an alt and levels up Fighters Guild, Mages guild, Undaunted and Alliance War, and gathers skyshards.
    Player B creates an alt and BUYS Fighters Guild, Mages guild, Undaunted and Alliance War, and BUYS skyshards.

Now, what will be their level difference ?
    I can guarantee to you that Player B will still be at level 3 with all those skills maxed and unlocked, and player A.. well will probably be a max level.

Now imagine player B levelling up to lvl 10 and going to Cyro or Bgs PvP and have such an advantage over players who did not paid.

^ That is literal P2W. Buy advantage for real live money, that you could not get in other way. That is not even P2Convenience at this point.

The only thing ZOS can do for it, to still be debatable if it is P2W or not is to allow to buy those skill lines only if you are level 50.

Edit:
    The other problem is the future of any new skill line ZOS will add to the game. Remember Psijic Order skill line, how it was grindy & painfull ? Now ZOS will have motivation for new skill lines to be ultra-grindy. So even if it wont be a P2W, it will f**k up fun for regular players.
    "Introduce a problem and then sell a solution for it"
    - Jim Sterling.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 2, 2019 5:35AM
  • Mellirus
    Mellirus
    ✭✭✭
    "Instantly advances the Assault and Support Alliance War Skill Lines to their maximum rank. All abilities contain within these Skill Lines arrive unranked, allowing you to advance and more the skills as you see fit."

Seems like a typo, should it be "...and morph the skills"? @ZOS_SarahHecker

Other than that, as a newer player I'm genuinely excited about many of these items. And I don't mind if players can purchase i.e. Mages Guild 10 if they already did the grind on their mains.

Will sadly miss getting tickets from the Orsinium event due to vacation, but can't wait to get that Meridian Crafting Motif from the Depths of Malatar. For how long will it be dropping, from Aug 7 until the end of the month? I've already done Malatar on vet, just need to beat HM now :smile:
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ffs not that i particularly like them selling skill lines but

1) it’s been asked for regularly on these forums

2) just how many people are playing under 50 pvp? As a % of total players? Characters level up so quickly how much time is spent there?

3) At least you have to have completed the skill line at least once.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The chests will be replaced by the merchants, correct. You can still get the Shoulder Style drops from the Mystery Coffer by spending 1 key (which is essentially what you were doing at the Undaunted chests pre-Scalebreaker.)

Can we have the old chests as furnishings please?
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for clarifying. I forgot there was a random box on the pledge store.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps