The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Change in BIS pots next patch? Mag dps

Icy_Waffles
Icy_Waffles
✭✭✭✭✭
So I was thinking. With next patch coming, and my build running entropy and inner light (major sorcery and major prophecy) would there be a better potion to run than the current BIS- it would be redundant wouldn’t it?

What might some other options be?

Edit: I realize this isn’t the BIS for all classes and most likely won’t change for Stan builds what pots they run.
Edited by Icy_Waffles on July 31, 2019 10:26PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One day if we can get minor heroism + magicka restore then yeah we'll have an alternative. But for now they gave that option only to stam.....
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    considering people had inner light on their bars but still use the spell crit part, i don't think pots are changing.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    One day if we can get minor heroism + magicka restore then yeah we'll have an alternative. But for now they gave that option only to stam.....

What a surprise. I'm actually surprised Stam potions don't come with 5 effects.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • IneedaDollar
    IneedaDollar
    ✭✭✭
    If you run entropy and double bar inner light you could run tri pots which would give you the opportunity to bash weave (light attack, blockcancel skill and bash in one second instead of just light attack, skill) more often especially the 3 seconds before your next pot is up. But this would only work if you are in melee range.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you run entropy and double bar inner light you could run tri pots which would give you the opportunity to bash weave (light attack, blockcancel skill and bash in one second instead of just light attack, skill) more often especially the 3 seconds before your next pot is up. But this would only work if you are in melee range.

Yeah I definitely was looking at tri pots as a possibility
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    considering people had inner light on their bars but still use the spell crit part, i don't think pots are changing.

And the new meta prevents it from being double barred with so many dots to slot now.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense. Just a thought. No access to PTS.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can certainly make cheaper pots, if you dont Need Major sorc then you dont Need cornflower which will make pots cheaper by a whole lot. You can make Prophecy+mag restore potions and add either Health or immov to it, dont see the value of either in a pve Setting if Im being honest but its a posibility still and avoids double Major sorc with entropy usage.
    Edit: Having one of the old spellpower potions would still be ideal as opener on bosses since you dont want to wait for your Major sorcery from entropy on the first ult drop.
    Edited by Sanguinor2 on August 1, 2019 1:41AM
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People were wasting their gold, but then most people don't think when crafting these. It took me a while before I realized I was pissing away tens of thousands of gold on mats I didn't need.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 1, 2019 2:56AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »
    You can certainly make cheaper pots, if you dont Need Major sorc then you dont Need cornflower which will make pots cheaper by a whole lot. You can make Prophecy+mag restore potions and add either Health or immov to it, dont see the value of either in a pve Setting if Im being honest but its a posibility still and avoids double Major sorc with entropy usage.
    Edit: Having one of the old spellpower potions would still be ideal as opener on bosses since you dont want to wait for your Major sorcery from entropy on the first ult drop.

Does immovability work on the stone atro in AA? Might be a good use of those pots then. No need to block cast.

People were wasting their gold, but then most people don't think when crafting these. It took me a while before I realized I was pissing away tens of thousands of gold on mats I didn't need.

If only I spent just tens of thousands of gold on spellpower pots....
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s a potion I used to run on magden for the same reason, already had Inner Light and the Netch.

Bugloss + Columbine + Mudcrab Chitin
    - Restore Magicka
    - Restore Health
    - Spell Resistance (Major Ward)

Hard to say if the health restore ever saved my life, but the resistance let me drop Frost Cloak if I knew there wasn’t much incoming Physical Damage.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does immovability work on the stone atro in AA? Might be a good use of those pots then. No need to block cast.

I cannot say for certain but I would assume it does, something worth testing alltho you would only have a rather small window of being cc immune.

Edited by Sanguinor2 on August 1, 2019 4:57AM
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only I spent just tens of thousands of gold on spellpower pots....

Tens of thousands weekly I should have said (or more if you play a lot).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 1, 2019 5:20AM