Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Guild Bank Permissions, When Your Guild Bank Is Ransacked

bathynomusESO
bathynomusESO
✭✭✭
This hasn't happened yet, because I have it locked down, but that makes it pretty useless. There is nothing to stop a single member from ransacking the bank, once he has access. There needs to be more permissions, daily limits, tabs, etc.

Is there a solution coming? If not, what would be a fair way to allow people to use the bank?
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other games that have had a lack of permissions, I've seen people have to put in requests and an officer would get it out for them.
  • SuperJChat
    SuperJChat
    ✭✭✭
    Make new players wait a week or two (or more) to have Withdraw rights, but allow them to Deposit. -Most- people aren't willing to wait a week+ to steal from your bank. it may be a hassle, but its worth not getting robbed
  • hilelorangutan
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    Other games that have had a lack of permissions, I've seen people have to put in requests and an officer would get it out for them.

This is by far the most effective way to go about this with people you don't trust. Otherwise even if you set a limit a player could make off with a few very valuable items and quit if they wanted to.

• Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    I would also suggest writing /feedback in game in order to suggest the features you desire. I do agree with you though that the options are limited for managing the resources of a guild.
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW had a pretty smart system here, guild bank was leveled and you was granted higher and higher levels. In my guild it mostly matched player level but not entirely, in that cheap stuff was present at lower levels.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • LilBudyWizerub17_ESO
    I don't really see the issue. It's a clearing house for junk. You have to have 50 members to have a guild vault and with that many members you should have a guild account. Store the valuable stuff on the guild account. Give the officers access and level those characters as guild craftsmen. Storing a bunch of useless items is pointless. Deconstruct it to level those craftsmen and store the raw materials on them. Watch who actually donates, i.e. the log, and send them stuff to sell on the auction house. Really all you should have at risk is a days worth of worthless junk. It's worth losing it just to see who you need to boot out of the guild.

Personally, you're viewing that vault all wrong. It's the fridge at work, the candy jar on the receptionists desk. There should be some logic to how you use the valuable items. It's incentive to your membership to do things that actually help the guild. They're organizing group activities, they're keep chat entertaining, they're helping out new members. Intermittent positive reinforcement. Just like the drops off the mobs. Keep doing stuff that helps the guild and occasionally nice things happen to you. Not so frequently as to see worthless, not so rare as to seem hopeless. The vault is just a clearinghouse. Only encourage people to donate worthless junk to it. Things of value, where they care about the disposition, should be mailed directly to the guild account.
    My Guild - Anvil
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't just randomly invite people to your guild to fill the ranks if you're that worried.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just waiting for the first message to Customer Service from a guild asking to restore all the items in their guild bank because some officer got their account 'hacked.'
  • Rajani Isa
    You have to have 50 members to have a guild vault and with that many members you should have a guild account.
    You have a few things wrong.

Number one - a guild bank requires 10 people.

Number two - that fifty or more people in the same guild will necessarily trust each other to share an account - which is against the TOS and at risk if getting banned.
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    Don't just randomly invite people to your guild to fill the ranks if you're that worried.

hear hear

As managing a guild, my main objective is always quality over quantity. My e-peen don't need growing in a way that I will invite just anyone whoever is looking for a guild (those guys usually stay 2h-2weeks and just leave, who needs that), or will never see my guild spamming on the zone chats to get more people in the roster. Way better option to invite people you meet along the way that you get to do stuff with to see that they're the kinda ppl you are. Also that way you decrease the risks of s**t hitting the fan.

Having said that, I think it's very important to have a good managing abilities with a guild bank. In my previous MMO we had very strict restrictions on how many items different ranks good withdraw. Nobody could withdraw money besides the main crafters. And that worked really well, we were never in a risk of anyone ripping us off. I REALLY hope ESO will have proper level of managing guild bank soon.

Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't use guild bank to storage valuable items, specially, if you don't trust your guild members.

I agree there should be more guild tools, though, but not only for that reason :)
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SuperJChat wrote: »
    Make new players wait a week or two (or more) to have Withdraw rights, but allow them to Deposit. -Most- people aren't willing to wait a week+ to steal from your bank. it may be a hassle, but its worth not getting robbed

This is one of the best ideas. The guild I'm in has been lucky so far, but people will be mean, it's the nature of the beast. If I withdraw something I want, I try to replace it with other useful commodities wherever possible, so other guildies can make use of them.

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    The guild I'm in has been lucky so far, but people will be mean, it's the nature of the beast. If I withdraw something I want, I try to replace it with other useful commodities wherever possible, so other guildies can make use of them.

Getting a whole guild full of people that treat banks like this is awesome.
  • bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
    We set a rule that people can take 1 item or 1 stack per day and enlisted some officers to monitor the activity. It's mostly low level junk, so if someone cleans it out, we can ban them from the guild and limit invites to Officers.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your guild could start a second guild and have the first guild bank open access to all members, and the second one for the valuable stuff that only officers can get out.

That still leaves 3 guilds for trading.
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    The irony here is that small family/friends guilds don't usually have those type of problems-- but without 10 separate accounts registered in one guild, they don't get any guild bank storage. :p
  • timlongsonb16_ESO
    Can we PLEASE have an option added for guild masters which allows them to set "maximum number of item withdrawls per day" for each rank? At the moment new guild members have the ability to clear out the guild bank; this would be easily fixed if guild master could say, for example, recruits can only withdraw 1 item per day, and members can withdraw a maximum of 5, with officers limited to 100.
  • Adrastes
    Adrastes
    ✭✭✭
    SuperJChat wrote: »

in eve online people infiltrate corporations and pretend to be your friends for months, even years and finally when they have all your trust and access to everything they will ransack everything, disband the corporation and alliance and then post about it gloating...
    never underestimate the evil people have inside them.

Edited by Adrastes on April 14, 2014 1:24PM