The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Support Desk Doesn't Seem to Understand my Issue because they don't actually read the request.

colossusx
colossusx
✭✭
First of all, I'd prefer not to delete my character.

I created a character a 4 years back when you started in the wailing prison. I had the quest line to exit that space but had logged out and figured I'd go back at some point. I didn't until recently. When I logged back in I was in the wailing prison just like before, but my quests to get out were gone. Instead I had a quest to talk to my benefactor. (The new main quest starter). Well, I can't port out of the wailing prison to talk to the benefactor and I have no quest to exit so I am stuck.

I thought a GM could easily just port me out with their magical powers or progress my quest to match my location and then be done but instead I am dealing with clueless tech support who send me canned responses to reset my xbox save game data and how to's for the tutorial. Really??? Do they actually read the darn tickets? Is there any one in Bethesda reading this that can help me get this resolved without deleting my character? I mean if its absolutely not possible then fine but I don't know that because the silly support team doesn't seem to actually read the tickets I submitted.

BTW, I have submitted several tickets on this issue because they seem to have closed the first few I sent without fixing it.

_____VVVVVVVVV_____

The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 07/31/2019 02:49 PM
Greetings!

Thank you for contacting Bethesda Customer Support.

My name is Asha. I am more than happy to assist you! Players have the possibility to skip the Wailing Prison if they have a character that already completed the tutorial and is a minimum of level 3. Issues with NPCs can usually be resolved by logging out of the game and waiting 15 minutes for the instance to reset. If that does not resolve your issue, you may need to abandon and reacquire the relevant quest.
In some cases, a hard reset of your console or computer may be required, too.
If playing on PC/Mac, there are a few additional troubleshooting options you can try:
Type "/reloadui" in the chatbox to reset any graphical or UI issues.
Repair your game client:
Open The Elder Scrolls Online launcher.
Select Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
Please ensure that you do not close the launcher after starting this process.
If playing on console, you can also try deleting your game's save data to resolve your issue.
Please be aware that deleting the save data will only reset your options settings, and that no character data will be affected.
To delete save data on the Xbox One
From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
Go to Games.
Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
Select Manage Game.
Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
Select Delete.
Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
Asha
The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about The Elder Scrolls Online, including release-date info:
https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline
http://twitter.com/TESOnline
http://elderscrollsonline.com
Customer response on 07/25/2019 08:42 PM
I still have not heard back on this ticket. What is the status?

Thanks

Subject: RE: [Incident: 190724-003854] Customer Service Ticket

Did you read my request?? I am stuck. Can't get out of failing prison. This character was created when that was the starting area and I logged off and haven't logged in or years. Now I’m stuck ther. Can't warp. No quest npcs to talk to…. Please help.

Subject: [Incident: 190724-003854] Customer Service Ticket

Customer response on 07/24/2019 05:16 PM
Did you read my request?? I am stuck. Can't get out of failing prison. This character was created when that was the starting area and I logged off and haven't logged in or years. Now I’m stuck ther. Can't warp. No quest npcs to talk to…. Please help.

[Incident: 190724-003854] Customer Service Ticket

The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 07/24/2019 03:59 PM
Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team!

Newly created characters will begin the tutorial associated with the most recently released chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online that the player owns. Players owning the base game with no additional chapters will begin the game in Coldharbour, while players owning Morrowind, Summerset, and/or Elsweyrwill begin in Morrowind, Summerset, or Elsweyr depending on if you own one or more chapters.

If you completed the Morrowind, Summerset, or Elsweyr you can begin the main story quest with “Soul Shriven in Coldharbour” by traveling via Wayshrine to your alliance's starter zone city and speaking with a 'Hooded Figure'.

If you completed “Soul Shriven in Coldharbour” as the base game tutorial, visit The Harborage once your character is at least level 3 to get the next quest, “The Harborage.” After completing “The Harborage,” note that the next quest will not appear until your character is level 10.

For more detailed info about the tutorials and main story quest, please feel free to visit our Official Forums and Player Guides!

Kind Regards,
The Elder Scrolls Online Team
Customer response on 07/24/2019 03:57 PM
i am stuck in wailing prison on character created prior to starting zone changes several years back. cant get out.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so this is a level 1 toon?
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • corvair62
    corvair62
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck with that. The only answer they gave me when I returned to the pc with the summerset release was to delete and start a new character. It took awhile before I got that answer.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand your pains. I put in a ticket and got back a response on how to do something on PC. I play on PS4, it's like Helen Keller is answering tickets.

But also tag @ZOS_BillE he's usually pretty helpful. Good luck!
  • colossusx
    colossusx
    ✭✭
    My character is level 6 or 7 now I think. The first few times I was in the prison after submitting a ticket I thought it would get addressed in a few hours so I was hacking away and leveling.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @colossusx

Please check your inbox as we've messaged you about your ongoing support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post