The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Taking Scrolls, explanation needed.

BoraxFlux
BoraxFlux
✭✭✭✭✭
Always thought when the gates to the temples were opened, it was a free for all enemy alliances to get the Scroll behind it.

Now a few days ago, our gates got opened by AD, we fend of AD but DC entered as well, I warned those at the temple and a fellow alliance member told me not to worry as DC couldn't steal our Defensive Scroll, DC themselves needed their own Defensive scroll in their temple for them to be able to steal ours. They currently lacked their own Defensive Scroll.

Is this correct? Is the same mechanic also in play when an alliance hunts down an enemy Runner with the enemy Scroll?

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to own your own scrolls before you can capture enemy scrolls (afaik)
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    You need to own your own scrolls before you can capture enemy scrolls (afaik)

Thanks, that certainly can explain some of other Alliances moves on the map, I found illogical at the time.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 types of scrolls: Offensive and Defensive.
    If you have your "native" Offensive Scroll in temple, then you can pick up / steal other faction's Offensive Scrolls.
    Same goes for Defensive Scroll.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 types of scrolls: Offensive and Defensive.
    If you have your "native" Offensive Scroll in temple, then you can pick up / steal other faction's Offensive Scrolls.
    Same goes for Defensive Scroll.

This.

You can look at the colors on the scroll icons. If your faction doesn't have its orange scroll secured in its temple, it can't touch another factions' orange scroll. Same for purple.

• BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks all for the information!